1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 19:49
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Debate is not the only way to engage with another, even here. If you ask Dasa questions about what he believes, he answers sincerely. If you look for opportunities to take offense, you'll find them. If you look for opportunities for dialogue and understanding, you'll find them. If have asked him explicitly for arguments before, and he gave it a try. And w ...[text shortened]... t, of course Dasa shouldn't be banned, but you may want to reexamine how you deal with him.
    "...but you may want to reexamine how you deal with him."

Sound advice.

Have you read what must be at least a hundred posts by dasa? The man has ransacked the place.

I didn't start this thread to garner support to ban dasa(as some have alleged). I simply asked whether any thought he should be banned and why or why not. That's all it was till certain others decided to read all kinds of motive into it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 19:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If a lesser god came down and proclaimed himself to be Jesus incarnate, who on Earth, any one of the 7 billion of us, could prove otherwise, this lesser god heals the sick, raises the dead, says believe in me and you will have life everafter in bliss, you would fall all over yourself to be the first in line to get the rapture, all the time just being played with.
    And you say you can't possibly believe in a scenario involving the rise of the AntiChrist. Think again. You've just about nailed it. Only he will come as a political leader, with the answers to the world's problems, economically, environmentally, scientifically, agriculturally, etc. Then halfway through the Tribulation he will proclaim himself God. Then the REAL fun begins, including the martyrdom of all the remaining Christians left on Earth.
  3. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 21:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...but you may want to reexamine how you deal with him."

Sound advice.

Have you read what must be at least a hundred posts by dasa? The man has ransacked the place.

I didn't start this thread to garner support to ban dasa(as some have alleged). I simply asked whether any thought he should be banned and why or why not. That's all it was till certain others decided to read all kinds of motive into it.[/b]
    Honestly, I skip many of those threads. But, from what I've seen, it doesn't have to be that way. That was my point. We can engage in a better way, by asking sincere questions and searching for clarification. We don't have to construe our interactions with others here as just debate. My interactions with Freaky, Lucifershammer, and other very smart Christians started as acrimonious and, periodically, vicious. But, after we all got tired of that, we started actually engaging with each other as well-meaning people who see the world differently. If I were to meet Freaky face to face, we'd have a few drinks and probably spend most of our time arguing and laughing. There's a better way, here. Anyway, my two cents...
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 22:031 edit
    Honestly, I skip many of those threads. But, from what I've seen, it doesn't have to be that way. That was my point. We can engage in a better way, by asking sincere questions and searching for clarification. We don't have to construe our interactions with others here as just debate. My interactions with Freaky, Lucifershammer, and other very smart Christ most of our time arguing and laughing. There's a better way, here. Anyway, my two cents...
    Indubitably my good man. Well met.

I was just thinking the other night. There are many here I vehemently oppose... and yet, somehow I feel strongly that I would die for any one of us, if it came down to it.

And I would most certainly enjoy a beverage and a laugh.

Imagine all of us sitting around a table at a saloon, discussing things. Oh, man. That would be sweet.

Or course, I'd be drinking coffee, but I would still promise to be loud and boisterous!
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 22:05
    Honestly, I skip many of those threads. But, from what I've seen, it doesn't have to be that way. That was my point. We can engage in a better way, by asking sincere questions and searching for clarification. We don't have to construe our interactions with others here as just debate. My interactions with Freaky, Lucifershammer, and other very smart Christ ...[text shortened]... most of our time arguing and laughing. There's a better way, here. Anyway, my two cents...
    Ditto

It is a shame that not having someone share a point of view is a cause for hate
    or belittlement by many and not just here.
    Kelly
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 22:07
    Honestly, I skip many of those threads. But, from what I've seen, it doesn't have to be that way. That was my point. We can engage in a better way, by asking sincere questions and searching for clarification. We don't have to construe our interactions with others here as just debate. My interactions with Freaky, Lucifershammer, and other very smart Christ ...[text shortened]... most of our time arguing and laughing. There's a better way, here. Anyway, my two cents...
    My sentiments exactly. Just goes to show we don't have to agree to be civil.
  7. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 22:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Ditto

It is a shame that not having someone share a point of view is a cause for hate
    or belittlement by many and not just here.
    Kelly
    It's sort of strange to realize that you and I have been talking together here for over 7 years now...
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:26
    I didn't start this thread to garner support to ban dasa(as some have alleged). I simply asked whether any thought he should be banned and why or why not. That's all it was till certain others decided to read all kinds of motive into it.
    People can just read your original OP (which you changed after being called out on it) and your subsequent comments, to assess the veracity of what you are saying now.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:32
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Indubitably my good man. Well met.

I was just thinking the other night. There are many here I vehemently oppose... and yet, somehow I feel strongly that I would die for any one of us, if it came down to it.

And I would most certainly enjoy a beverage and a laugh.

Imagine all of us sitting around a table at a saloon, discussing things. Oh, man. T ...[text shortened]... eet.

Or course, I'd be drinking coffee, but I would still promise to be loud and boisterous!
    I bet. I know you would have to have at least one beer.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:39
    [b]"...but you may want to reexamine how you deal with him."

Sound advice.

I didn't start this thread to garner support to ban dasa(as some have alleged). I simply asked whether any thought he should be banned and why or why not. That's all it was till certain others decided to read all kinds of motive into it.[/b]
    I would just let Him go for He says some true things sometimes about
    lying science, with the puddle that was hit by lightning and supposedly
    produced life from non-life. A miracle if I ever heard of one. That would
    peove the existence of God if a miracle actually occured.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    People can just read your original OP (which you changed after being called out on it) and your subsequent comments, to assess the veracity of what you are saying now.
    That's your assessment and opinion.

You don't know why I erased the OP.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 23:55
    That's your assessment and opinion.
    I am not claiming that it is anyone else's assessment or opinion, if that is what you mean. Your original OP and subsequent comments are still there for all to see.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 00:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not claiming that it is anyone else's assessment or opinion, if that is what you mean. Your original OP and subsequent comments are still there for all to see.
    You're are an arrogant man if you think I should be afraid or ashamed that someone might see something I wrote.

I get embarrassed sometimes, but I will not cowed by you.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 00:121 edit
    You're are an arrogant man if you think I should be afraid or ashamed that someone might see something I wrote.

I get embarrassed sometimes, but I will not cowed by you.
    I simply disagree with your characterization of what your original OP amounted to and what your subsequent posts clearly meant in the light of the OP. I have said nothing whatsoever about anyone needing to be "afraid" or "ashamed" or "embarrassed" or "cowed". And yet you yourself, now, have introduced these words into our discussion.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Oct '11 00:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    I simply disagree with your characterization of what your original OP amounted to and what your subsequent meant in the light of the OP. I have said nothing whatsoever about anyone needing to be "afraid" or "ashamed" or "embarrassed" or "cowed". And yet you yourself, now, have introduced these words into our discussion.
    What are you, a lawyer?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree