1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:15
    Should women teach? I mean Paul makes a good point. Adam was not deceived, but the woman was in the transgression.

From the New Testament:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Timothy 2:11-14.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Should women teach? I mean Paul makes a good point. Adam was not deceived, but the woman was in the transgression.

From the New Testament:

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

I'm sorry? but you think that Paul is making a 'good' point?!??!?!?

It's a fairy tale with not a single solitary shred of evidentiary support written by primitive
    privileged bigoted sexist men over 2000 years ago.

Your question is idiotic and ridiculous.

There is no evidence what so ever that women make bad teachers or that men make better
    teachers and mountains of evidence that women can make excellent teachers.

There is no god, Adam and Eve never existed, Paul was an idiot, and the bible is a piece of bile
    filled excrement.

The answer to your question is YES! and why are you asking such a fe'ckin stupid question?
  3. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:28
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I'm sorry? but you think that Paul is making a 'good' point?!??!?!?

. . . Paul was an idiot.
    But is not Paul the architect of christianity?

By the way, some think Paul was a closet homosexual.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:31
    But is not Paul the architect of christianity?

By the way, some think Paul was a closet homosexual.
    Well I don't give a damn who he was sexually attracted to.

What he says in the bible is abominable.

If he is the architect of Christianity then Christianity is built on what could be charitably
    called excrement.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 01:591 edit
    Paul said it "is good for a man not to touch a woman." 1 Corinthians 7:1.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 02:19
    Paul said it "is good for a man not to touch a woman." 1 Corinthians 7:1.
    you should understand that paul believed in his own lies. he thought the end of the world was near and suggested that unmarried people remain unmarried so that they could give their entire attention to god during those last days. [1 Cr 7]
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 02:23
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    you should understand that paul believed in his own lies. he thought the end of the world was near and suggested that unmarried people remain unmarried so that they could give their entire attention to god during those last days. [1 Cr 7]
    True
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 10:02

From the New Testament:

you are trolling, right? tell me you're trolling
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    it was a piece of advice, nothing more, where is the lie?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 10:20
    True
    no its not true, its a piece of nonsense.
  11. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 16:31
    Clearly Paul didn't go far enough. I see nothing in there about women needing to be barefoot in the kitchen.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 17:20
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Clearly Paul didn't go far enough. I see nothing in there about women needing to be barefoot in the kitchen.
    Is that some kind of sick joke? Are you one of those wanting your women submissive and walking 6 paces behind you? Will you allow your women to have drivers licenses, not like in Saudi Arabia where they can't drive cars?
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 17:26
    Originally posted by amolv06
    Probably did'nt want to arouse lust in men (could'nt handle the competition).
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Feb '12 19:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Is that some kind of sick joke? Are you one of those wanting your women submissive and walking 6 paces behind you? Will you allow your women to have drivers licenses, not like in Saudi Arabia where they can't drive cars?
    I think it was sarcasm
  15. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 01:214 edits

From the New Testament:

In the quoted scripture above, Paul appears to have a premise and a conclusion. In other words, he seems to make a logical link between a reason and a subsequent assertion.

Premise/Reason: Paul notes that Adam was first formed before Eve, and that Adam was not deceived but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Then, Paul appears to make a logical link from this to:

Conclusion/Assertion: Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection, and not to teach or usurp authority of the man, but to be in silence.

Does anyone see or agree with this logic. Does it make sense. Is Paul and the Bible right on this one. And if so, how should we including women apply this scripture, i.e., Paul's words (inspired by god?) in our lives today. Do women bear the burden of Eve's transgression such that women today should be slient and not teach, and not usurp authority of the man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree