1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i know the difference between fact and postulation
    But not about evolution. And this is for a fact!
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:01
    Zappy has got this thing with intelligence, i dunno, he has an inferiority complex or something and he needs to prove how smart he is, therefore, the prof is a creationist and Zappy should remember that, as should you and Fibby. in fact there are many intelligent persons who as yet have not restricted their search for truth to unintelligent causes, ...[text shortened]... borgs cannot handle that, you all want us to be assimilated into the evolutionary subconscious!
    I fully remember that Behe is a creationist, but you should remember that this is the man who under oath admitted that the definition of 'theory' as he applied it to intelligent design was so loose that astrology would qualify as a theory by definition as well.

Now that's what i call unscientific!!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But not about evolution. And this is for a fact!
    yeah yeah, same old evolutionist dogma, those creationists dont know what they are talking about, why dont you call our professor Behe and you also can exchange notes and compare your c.v,. then you might like to tell him what he does and doesn't know!
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:03
    i know the difference between fact and postulation
    I doubt that very much. But what is even more scary is that you believe you do!!!!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:06
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I fully remember that Behe is a creationist, but you should remember that this is the man who under oath admitted that the definition of 'theory' as he applied it to intelligent design was so loose that astrology would qualify as a theory by definition as well.

Now that's what i call unscientific!!
    yes and your point is? one may also apply the same criteria to evolution based on its lack of evidence me thinks.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:08
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I doubt that very much. But what is even more scary is that you believe you do!!!!
    aha another borg telling me what i know and dont know, how very interesting! does that not smack to some degree of arrogance?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:08
    yeah yeah, same old evolutionist dogma, those creationists dont know what they are talking about, why dont you call our professor Behe and you also can exchange notes and compare your c.v,. then you might like to tell him what he does and doesn't know!
    And dr Behe is your prophet with his dogma and you believe him without any thoughts of your own? So very creationistic of you...
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:10
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    And dr Behe is your prophet with his dogma and you believe him without any thoughts of your own? So very creationistic of you...
    its professor Behe to you, that's right i cannot think for myself, i have been assimilated in the evolutionist collective subconscious, resistance is futile! resistance is futile!
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:40
    one theory is as good as another! perhaps you would like to call out Professor M.J.Behe, have a look at his c.v. then you could compare notes and discuss who is smarter?
    just because someone says one insanely stupid thing doesn't make him dumber or more stupid than me. just because someone is smarter than me doesn't make him incapable of uttering insanely stupid ideas.

yes, he may have more knowledge than me, he may have a larger iq, but he is still wrong about intelligent design.

and no, one theory is not as good as another. there are really dumb theories.
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:41
    yes and your point is? one may also apply the same criteria to evolution based on its lack of evidence me thinks.
    The point is this Robbie, there is mountanious evidence for evolution, and only a small book of evidence for your religious beliefs. You though insist on keeping your head submerged in the 'collective subconcious' of the quaint traditionalists and the superstitious, the rest of us are evolved beings who listen to and accept the wisdom of genius scientists who have progressed our species. You are quite happy to accept those advancements, unless it contradicts your out-dated religious beliefs of course. How could the book be wrong?
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:41
    its professor Behe to you, that's right i cannot think for myself, i have been assimilated in the evolutionist collective subconscious, resistance is futile! resistance is futile!
    Now you are talking non sence. I call him mr Behe, because scientific titles can only be given to people working with science.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:42
    lack of evidence? are you insane?
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:44
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    lack of evidence? are you insane?
    He just prove to us all how little he knows about evolution.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 14:45
    i just thought of something. does it makes us bad persons for constantly yelling at poor robbie? making fun of retarded or insane people is very evil and i do believe what we are doing is evil.

no hope of educating robbie. no point in trying. no reward for us. so why do we still try? is it because we are evil?
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i just thought of something. does it makes us bad persons for constantly yelling at poor robbie? making fun of retarded or insane people is very evil and i do believe what we are doing is evil.

no hope of educating robbie. no point in trying. no reward for us. so why do we still try? is it because we are evil?
    He can believe in intelligent design and creationism as much as he wants, it's his religion. We are in spiritual forum, aren't we?
    But when he talks about ID as it is science, then I have to object!
    When he talks about evolution as it is bogus, then I have to object!
    If he knew anything, anything at all, about evolution, then he can have his opinions, but as he hasn't, then I can try to educate him as much as I want. It's for his good, isn't it?

He doesn't complain of our behaviour. He shows us that he approves of it, because he behaves the same himself. No, I don't think it's evil to teach him the basics about evolution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree