1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 15:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He can believe in intelligent design and creationism as much as he wants, it's his religion. We are in spiritual forum, aren't we?
    But when he talks about ID as it is science, then I have to object!
    When he talks about evolution as it is bogus, then I have to object!
    If he knew anything, anything at all, about evolution, then he can have his opinions, ...[text shortened]... s the same himself. No, I don't think it's evil to teach him the basics about evolution.
    yes but what is the point? it is not like he can understand anything we say. it is not like he even wants to. so we are basically writing to walls.
  2. weedhopper
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:02
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yes, elusive creatures aren't they? just when you thought they are done, they surprise you with another bit of wisdom.
    What of those of us who are Christian evolutionists? I'm a creationist AND a scientist. The big bang, the 12-15 billion-year age of the universe, the fact that where I live was an ocean for almost as long as the earth has existed--these are all facts I accept as certainly as I do my own existence in the universe (well, one of the 11 that the superstringers have determined make up the cosmos anyway πŸ˜‰ )
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:19
    yes but what is the point? it is not like he can understand anything we say. it is not like he even wants to. so we are basically writing to walls.
    that obviously because your high brow (excuse while i laugh) vitriol is like way up there, ha ha it is to laugh!
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:30
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    What of those of us who are Christian evolutionists? I'm a creationist AND a scientist. The big bang, the 12-15 billion-year age of the universe, the fact that where I live was an ocean for almost as long as the earth has existed--these are all facts I accept as certainly as I do my own existence in the universe (well, one of the 11 that the superstringers have determined make up the cosmos anyway πŸ˜‰ )
    I would be intrigued to read what a Chrisitian evolutionist believes. Obviously you accept the account of how old the universe and the Earth is, you accept the process of evolution . How do you fit the story of Genesis, for example, with what science tells you?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 20:29
    If you really are a scientist - how can you believe in creationism? What in creationism do you consider to be science?

Many of the fundamentalistic creationists deny the true age of universe to be 12 to 15 billion of years. Who is wrong, they or you?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:191 edit
    i just thought of something. does it makes us bad persons for constantly yelling at poor robbie? making fun of retarded or insane people is very evil and i do believe what we are doing is evil.

no hope of educating robbie. no point in trying. no reward for us. so why do we still try? is it because we are evil?
    No we are not evil. Robbie should take as good as he gives. If someone is going to wave a flag, (a Nazi one for example), I, for one, will shoot it down. Thnx
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:21
    If you really are a scientist - how can you believe in creationism? What in creationism do you consider to be science?

Many of the fundamentalistic creationists deny the true age of universe to be 12 to 15 billion of years. Who is wrong, they or you?
    I don't know why you can't understand that science and creationism are two differing views of the one whole, Am I missing something?
  8. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:26
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I would be intrigued to read what a Chrisitian evolutionist believes. Obviously you accept the account of how old the universe and the Earth is, you accept the process of evolution . How do you fit the story of Genesis, for example, with what science tells you?
    I'm one of those gap theorists, for starters. A "day" to the Lord could be far more than 24 hours. I also look at much of Genesis as a morality tale and not a science lesson. But Verse 1--"In the beginning God created..." I believe wholeheartedly, and to me, that makes me a creationist, albeit one who believes God utilized a naked singularity to do so.
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I don't know why you can't understand that science and creationism are two differing views of the one whole, Am I missing something?
    I believe that God/Jesus/Holy Ghost (aka the Triune God) created the Big Bang that gave rise to the cosmos as we know it, so I see that as being a Christian evolutionist.
  10. weedhopper
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:282 edits

they are. HOWEVER, none of the Christians I see in my everyday life insist upon this "young earth" that so many on these forums seem to bring up. In terms of importance, there are few things that rank lower in importance to the Christians I know than the age (relative or otherwise) of the universe. We have much bigger fish to fry than such trivialities as how old a rock is.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:29
    I'm one of those gap theorists, for starters. A "day" to the Lord could be far more than 24 hours. I also look at much of Genesis as a morality tale and not a science lesson. But Verse 1--"In the beginning God created..." I believe wholeheartedly, and to me, that makes me a creationist, albeit one who believes God utilized a naked singularity to do so.
    You can't take Genesis literally. I think its more of an anology
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:32
    I believe that God/Jesus/Holy Ghost (aka the Triune God) created the Big Bang that gave rise to the cosmos as we know it, so I see that as being a Christian evolutionist.
    ..And that view could be broadened to include other creationists. Hindus , for example. But if you just want to work with what you know, I'm not going to judge you for it. I think your outlook is refreshing- it should serve as an exmple for othersπŸ™‚
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 00:401 edit
    You can't take Genesis literally. I think its more of an anology
    why cant you take it literally and what is it an allegory for?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why cant you take it literally and what is it an allegory for?
    So it can fit in with science. Just my opinion.
    Just trying to reconcile science and religon-no easy feat

Its an allegory for the tale of creation of the universe
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '09 01:321 edit
    So it can fit in with science. Just my opinion.
    Just trying to reconcile science and religon-no easy feat

Its an allegory for the tale of creation of the universe
    if science is truth and religion is truth why cannot they be reconciled? for is not truth universal?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree