Silence from Dasa

Silence from Dasa

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're painting all of Hinduism with a broad brush. Furthermore, you don't seem to have cited anything authoritative.

What you posted in the OP would seem to be akin to someone posting the following:

[b]How can the only true religion in the world, be one in which the Holy Books condone slavery.

Further the Holy Books advise that blood transfus ...[text shortened]... istianity as above, you should consider that you've done something similar with Hinduism.
[/b]
My reply to that would be that the Bible does in fact condone slavery, and also advises slave- masters to treat their slaves properly.

The Bible also does in fact say that eating blood is wrong according to the law given to Moses. If there are Christians who extrapolate that to mean that blood-transfusions are wrong also then thats their choice.

What else .. ?

- homosexuality -- Yes the Bible says thats wrong
- women speaking in churches - Yes, thats also not advisable according to Paul

Anything else? I dont argue those things. What the Bible says it says. Its up to each Christian to take or discard what they like or interpret as they please.

Now the Holy Books of Hinduism also make some big deal about cows, the exact nature of it Im not sure. But there are many authorities whose interpretation would lead a Hindu to worship the cow and/or eat dung and drink urine.

Certainly not all of them would do that. I think I read somewhere that there are only 10% of Hindus who worship the cow and another tinier % eating dung etc.

The fact remains that all Hindus do something ranging from reverencing to worshiping the cow, and that comes from their Holy Books.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Apr 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
I quoted one site in the thread 'The Vedas & Cow Worship"
http://www.worldteachertrust.org/bk/cow/

Here is another :
http://www.stephen-knapp.com/basic_points_about_vedic_culture_hinduism.htm

These are sites by Hindus who are not biased in one way or the other. They are simply describing how Hindus intrepret the Vedic scriptures. There are many site ...[text shortened]... ication of respect for it) and finally reach heaven (the higher planetary systems).[/quote]
This sounds like the calf worship that the Israelites were subjected to in Egypt
when Moses and God led them out of slavery. They tried to return to it by
making themselves a golden calf to be their god after leaving slavery behind.

T

Moves
18 Apr 12
3 edits

My reply to that would be that the Bible does in fact condone slavery, and also advises slave- masters to treat their slaves properly.

The Bible also does in fact say that eating blood is wrong according to the law given to Moses. If there are Christians who extrapolate that to mean that blood-transfusions are wrong also then thats their choice.

What e ...[text shortened]... something ranging from reverencing to worshiping the cow, and that comes from their Holy Books.
The point is that it's unfair to paint the whole of Christianity the way you did with Hinduism. Especially for you to make pronouncements like, "Thats one sick, disgusting religion in my opinion", based on the opinions given on a couple of webpages. Making such pronouncements is reckless and unfair, especially since you don't know what you're talking about.

I've already posted this before, but I'll post it again. Seems to be quite sensible.
Q: Do Hindus worship cows?
A: Cows have been revered in India for thousands of years because of their gentle nature and their life-sustaining abilities. They are allowed to roam free and it is considered a heinous act to kill a cow. As such, Hindus do not eat beef.

It is not correct to say Hindus worship cows or consider them holy. Generally, Hindus do not eat beef because In times when food is scarce it would be shortsighted to kill a cow for food in the short run when it can provide milk for many years. Cows are thought of much like family pets in this country, or a horse to a horse lover. We don't eat dogs and horses in this country. Hindus don't eat beef.
http://www.vedanta.org/wiv/faq/faq2.html

Exodus 21:20-21 "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money [property]."

If that's your idea of "properly", you've got a warped sense of it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Apr 12

The point is that it's unfair to paint the whole of Christianity the way you did with Hinduism. Especially for you to make pronouncements like, "Thats one sick, disgusting religion in my opinion", based on the opinions given on a couple of webpages. Making such pronouncements is reckless and unfair, especially since you don't know what you're talking abou ...[text shortened]... roperty]."

If that's your idea of "properly", you've got a warped sense of it.
Actually eating dung and drinking urine is sick and disgusting.

Anyway I posted this before but I will post it again as it seems to be quite true ..

The Vedas extol Cow as the most sacred being.

The Veda prescribes a preparation with five Cow products whose consumption in the size of a gooseberry is most beneficial to man in harmonising his energies. The five products are Cow milk, Cow yogurt, Cow ghee, Cow dung and Cow urine.

Killing a Cow denies one the path to the Divine.

Persons who kill Cows, eat Cow meat and those who support these two acts would suffer innumerable lives of sorrow.

Inhalation of the smell of Cow dung would neutralise the poison caused by scorpion bite and snake bite.

Cow dung smoke is healthier than smoke coming from coal and gases.

Worship of Cow is equivalent to annual pilgrimage.

Worship of Cow is equivalent to worship of Vishnu.

Worship of Cow is equivalent to moving around the Earth.

Worship of Cow is equivalent to recitation of the Vedas.

In Cow dung there is the energy of good luck coming from Goddess Lakshmi.

In the Cow urine there are the vibrations of the sacred rivers.

T

Moves
18 Apr 12

Actually eating dung and drinking urine is sick and disgusting.

Anyway I posted this before but I will post it again as it seems to be quite true ..

The Vedas extol Cow as the most sacred being.

The Veda prescribes a preparation with five Cow products whose consumption in the size of a gooseberry is ...[text shortened]... ing from Goddess Lakshmi.

In the Cow urine there are the vibrations of the sacred rivers.
Since you seem to keep missing the point:
"The point is that it's unfair to paint the whole of Christianity the way you did with Hinduism. Especially for you to make pronouncements like, "Thats one sick, disgusting religion in my opinion", based on the opinions given on a couple of webpages. Making such pronouncements is reckless and unfair, especially since you don't know what you're talking about."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Apr 12

You really have no idea, do you Rajk?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 12

Since you seem to keep missing the point:
"[b]The point is that it's unfair to paint the whole of Christianity the way you did with Hinduism.
Especially for you to make pronouncements like, "Thats one sick, disgusting religion in my opinion", based on the opinions given on a couple of webpages. Making such pronouncements is reckless and unfair, especially since you don't know what you're talking about."[/b]
Clearly you are a Hindu .. thats tough 😀.
Face the facts about Hinduism pal.
You made statements about Christianity and I said you are correct.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You really have no idea, do you Rajk?
I have lived among Hindus for all my life.
I dont just go to Hare Krisha to eat their food and chat.
I live among the people.

T

Moves
19 Apr 12

Clearly you are a Hindu .. thats tough 😀.
Face the facts about Hinduism pal.
You made statements about Christianity and I said you are correct.
Well, it seems you still can't get your mind wrapped around the point. But then, those who are slaves to bigotry seldom do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Apr 12

Well, it seems you still can't get your mind wrapped around the point. But then, those who are slaves to bigotry seldom do.
You get your mind wrapped around this .. you are supporting a religion which tells the followers to eat cow $hitt and you think its ok.

How many of them actually do it is irrelevant. You seem to think that since its only a few of them do it and that makes it ok. Well you are really foolish.

T

Moves
19 Apr 12

You get your mind wrapped around this .. you are supporting a religion which tells the followers to eat cow $hitt and you think its ok.

How many of them actually do it is irrelevant. You seem to think that since its only a few of them do it and that makes it ok. Well you are really foolish.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
19 Apr 12

I can't undferstand why you are getting so upset about someone eating cow dung, how does that impinge on your life?

I bet you have some habits that others would find disgusting.😛

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Apr 12

Meanwhile Christians in Kenya are burning witches alive. Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live and all that...

Never Forget the Burning Times by WiccaNoita

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Apr 12

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
19 Apr 12
1 edit

This thread is such a non-event. Of all the religious behaviors we could complain about, this shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list. Seriously, apostates and homosexuals are being beaten and killed by religious zealots, and we're worried about some people eating cow sh it? Priorities are seriously screwed up.