Sin

Sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Distilled to its irreducible, "second death" is eternal separation from God following physical death for those who reject Christ.
The only thing that is eternal is God himself.

Second "death" is not "eternity" alive in an incinerator.

From a 'Christian perspective' these are the facts.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 14

There will be a full spectrum of informed mature to ignorant immature believers in Christ in heaven
with varying levels of reward; there will be no believers in Christ separated from God for eternity.
You speak with an air of authority; let's hope you are not mistaken or you will have to kill yourself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Dec 14
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester

Do you believe that God in Christ died for me ?

I have a little sneaky suspicion that you may debunk if you find it faulty.
I wonder if some folks who have a problem with the Trinity often also cannot accept the teaching of eternal punishment.

I might as well get this little bug on the table and dealt with.
Do you believe that for all conceivable purposes God laid down His own life for me a sinner ?

I welcome debunking from you if it is merited (and biblical).

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship

Do you believe that God in Christ died for me ?

I have a little sneaky suspicion that you may debunk if you find it faulty.
I wonder if some folks who have a problem with the [b]Trinity
often also cannot accept the teaching of eternal punishment.

I might as wel ...[text shortened]... own life for me a sinner ?

I welcome debunking from you if it is merited (and biblical).[/b]
What on earth are you on about?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Dec 14

What on earth are you on about?
Put it this way - How do you interpret Acts 20:28 ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Dec 14

How do you know that ?
How do I interpret "eternal habitations" or "eternal dwellings"?

Luke 16:9

English Standard Version
And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of the unrighteous money so that when it fails, they may welcome you into eternal dwellings.

If only God is eternal how should I understand "eternal bonds" or "eternal chains"?

Jude 1:6

English Standard Version
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day—

New American Standard Bible
And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,

F

Moves
13 Dec 14

Finally, would you regard the overt personal behaviors of communications [speech and written] such as judging, maligning, bullying, gossiping, criticizing and lying sin?
Would you consider any of your behaviour on this forum to be "sinful"?

F

Moves
13 Dec 14
1 edit

sonship, your incoherent "perfect justice" torture-for-eternity ideology has been challenged and debunked by several Christians over the years. All I can ever remember is you ducking out of the discussion and offering instead your long monologues infused with what you have admitted are your feelings of being "glorious". You are a purveyor of soliloquies rather than a persuasive advocate of your revenge-torture-thoughtcrime ideology.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
Rewards are during the millennial kingdom.
In the new heaven and new earth the common portion of all the saved is a GIFT in grace.

Rewards pertain to the thousand years following the second coming of Christ.

Another thread would be better to discuss this.
"Maybe begin a new thread on what the scripture reveals about believers' eternal rewards for growing in grace in 2015."

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Dec 14

You speak with an air of authority; let's hope you are not mistaken or you will have to kill yourself.
The only absolute authority is the Word of God. Upon becoming a Christian, God's plan calls for each of us to grow in grace through learning and applying the mind of Christ. In doing so we share God's happiness and the sin nature is restrained.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."

2 Timothy 2:15 "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth."

It's all about daily priorities. No Christian who disregards the importance of learning Bible doctrine matures or glorifies God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Dec 14

On the Christian overcoming the nature of sin in Adam -

Sample Reading from The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Dec 14
1 edit

At the moment a viable fetus emerges from the womb, God the Holy Spirit imparts the breath of physical life which is temporal and soul life, the immaterial part of mankind, which is designed to have an eternal relationship with God.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
13 Dec 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, not entirely. They are determined both individually and by social convention. It is possible for me as an individual to believe that everyone else is doing wrong.
Social convention is never fixed. Individuals are always part of it. Their opinions are either in accord with it, or they move it in different directions.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Dec 14

Originally posted by josephw
That's like saying that since there's no God one can do whatever one pleases because there will be no consequences or accountability.
So without your belief in god you would go around doing bad things?
I guess the only redeeming factor of religion is to control sociopaths then?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
13 Dec 14

Originally posted by josephw
Ultimately, all sin is against God. Sin implies justice before God. .
And earlier you said
Why do you think acknowledging the concept of sin requires a God?

🙄