Sin

Sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
What personal behaviours do you regard as sin?
All of the overt and covert personal behaviors included in the three groupings above (page 9) are primary examples of sin.

F

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
All of the overt and covert personal behaviors included in the three groupings above (page 9) are primary examples of sin.
Without naming names, do you think there are any Christians "sinning" on this forum, whether it be "overt" or "covert", through their "behaviours of communications [speech and written]"?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
14 Dec 14

All children having been born [the moment the Holy Spirit imparts physical life and soul life] who die before reaching the age of accountability [God Consciousness] will be in heaven because one of God's attributes is Justice which means He's fair.
So, it would be of huge benefit to a child to rather die "before reaching the age of accountability," rather than continue living and have a far larger than even chance (taking account of the proportion of "born again" Christians in society) to go to eternal damnation?

Yes or no?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by sonship
The only thing that is eternal is God himself.

How do you know that ?
How do I interpret [b] "eternal habitations"
or "eternal dwellings"?

Luke 16:9

English Standard Version
And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive ...[text shortened]... , He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
[/b]
My bible translates that as "everlasting" not eternal.

Besides, I think you are clutching at straws, looking desperately for any smidgen of support that "ETERNAL suffering in hell" could possibly be scriptural, when you should be looking for the morality instead.

I really don't read your posts anymore jawill/sonship/whoever you are, not the long ones. You lost me when you started spouting all that stuff about how you knowing that those who mistreated you were in hell now suffering eternal agony, helped you forgive them. Really? Do you ever stop to consider what you were saying then?

That one statement alone was your metaphorical curtain flapping open, revealing the little man behind it. Others here (such as Suzianne) may herald you as the biblical academic you clearly think you are, but I'm afraid I see you as nothing more than another cultish Christian ears plugged and banging his drum of eternal hell in the face of those who disagree with him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Dec 14
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
My bible translates that as "everlasting" not eternal.

I don't feel to argue this morning. If I were you I simply would check into the original Greek to see what the word is and where else it is used.

I really do not feel to FIGHT over it. You can delve into the original language with tools available to the Bible reader. And I did put this as a genuine question to you. If you have eternal God you also have a few other matters called eternal in the NT.

Now I would say this, my concept about God being eternal is that He is uncreated. I would go along with you that only God is eternal in that sense. I do not believe the eternal or everlasting chains or eternal of everlasting homes are uncreated as God.

That God alone is eternal in that sense, I would agree with you.

Besides, I think you are clutching at straws, looking desperately for any smidgen of support that "ETERNAL suffering in hell" could possibly be scriptural, when you should be looking for the morality instead.

Really?
So you think I concocted up a few "smidgens" ?

Smidgens. Hmmm. ..... Smidgens .... a few ... "smidgens".
That's interesting.

You got me this morning in a good mood for not wanting to argue.
I have some real positive things to share with 6th graders this morning on the resurrection of Christ.

Latter, maybe I'll contemplate your ... "smidgens" ... a few ... "smidgens" desperately clung to because I, OH SO MUCH, want people to go to eternal damnation. It just absolutely TICKLES me to death to see God send people to the place "prepared for the devil and his angels" .

I just LOVE this so much that I hunt for some "smidgens" ... few and rare ... to support my favorite aspect of the Gospel revelation, you insinuate.

Anyway, sometime get out a Word Study, maybe Vincent's Word Study or Strong's Concordance and check what that Greek word is there for eternal.

Hope you enjoy the Lord's day today.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Dec 14

Hope you enjoy the Lord's day today.
I don't hold a day named after the Roman sun god in any way special for arguing, lecturing, eating or burning in hell.

🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by CalJust
So, it would be of huge benefit to a child to rather die "before reaching the age of accountability," rather than continue living and have a far larger than even chance (taking account of the proportion of "born again" Christians in society) to go to eternal damnation?

Yes or no?
From your secularized hypothetical perspective: "Yes". From God's perspective, "no".
He has a plan and purpose for every human being. The first is to provide the opportunity
of believing in the person and work of Christ. He desires to share His happiness with us.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by FMF
Without naming names, do you think there are any Christians "sinning" on this forum, whether it be "overt" or "covert", through their "behaviours of communications [speech and written]"?
On occasion I have committed covert sins here and then immediately utilized 1John 1:9 for the restoration of fellowship.

F

Moves
14 Dec 14

On occasion I have committed covert sins here and then immediately utilized 1John 1:9 for the restoration of fellowship.
Did they result in forum bans?

F

Moves
14 Dec 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby to CalJust
From your secularized hypothetical perspective: "Yes". From God's perspective, "no". He has a plan and purpose for every human being. The first is to provide the opportunity of believing in the person and work of Christ. He desires to share His happiness with us.
I rather think CalJust's perspective is a Christian one just as yours is. I also think your "He has a plan" type response is you pointedly side-stepping CalJust's question rather than addressing it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Dec 14
6 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
I don't hold a day named after the Roman sun god in any way special for arguing, lecturing, eating or burning in hell.

🙂
Sounds like you wished that I had mentioned "Sunday".
I didn't write anything about "Sunday".

I said I hope you enjoy "the Lord's day."

"I was in spirit on the Lord's Day and heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet." (Revelation 1:10 RcV )

Are you suggesting that John was talking about the Roman pantheon by mentioning "the Lord"?

Get clue about the New Testament Divegeester.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Dec 14
2 edits

I don't hold a day named after the Roman sun god in any way special ...

Here's a guy so eager to jump on a Christian for superstition that when he reads "the Lord's day" he THINKS "Sunday" and retorts.

Divegeester, you were talking about .... "smidgens" of an argument ? ?
Desperately grasping at "smidgens" ... hmmm ?

LOL.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Dec 14
1 edit

Sounds like you wished that I had mentioned "Sunday".
I didn't write anything about "Sunday".
Today is Sunday.

😕

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Dec 14
1 edit

I don't hold a day named after the Roman sun god in any way special ...

Here's a guy so eager to jump on a Christian for superstition that when he reads [b]"the Lord's day"
he THINKS "Sunday" and retorts.

Divegeester, you were talking about .... "smidgens" of an argument ? ?
Desperately grasping at "smidgens" ... hmmm ?

LOL.[/b]
You encouraged me to enjoy "the Lords day" today. Today is Sunday.

There is nothing in scripture calling Sunday the Lord's day. In fact I believe Saturday is the Jewish sabbath.

But you carry on.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Dec 14

LOL.
You know who else uses "LOL" as a prefix/suffix in argumentation, don't you?