1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '15 15:521 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke (Page 8)
    Thankfully it is a small world nowadays; much easier to stay in touch. How did we cope before the internet?
    Before the internet...
    life was made simple by its slower tempo and absence of detail;
    social life was within the local community; libraries were a focal point;
    family life was centered rather than fractured as it often is today.
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    04 May '15 18:12
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Before the internet...
    life was made simple by its slower tempo and absence of detail;
    social life was within the local community; libraries were a focal point;
    family life was centered rather than fractured as it often is today.
    And churches were many times the center of social activities.
    Not so much today.
    It was a benefit for families that is pretty much lost today.
    Now churches many times are centers of civil unrest.
    Will it ever change back?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 May '15 18:20
    Originally posted by roigam
    Will it ever change back?
    Regress is very rarely progress.

The internet is of course a double edged sword, but it has for many been a means to escape isolation and loneliness.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    06 May '15 06:53
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)
    God detests all mental, verbal and overt activities that violate His Character and Righteous Standards.
    The magnitude of seven particular sins listed in Proverbs 6:16-19 dispels any and all shallow views of sin
    as a few blatant overt sins or cultural taboos. (to be continued)

"16. There are six things which the Lord hates,
    Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

17. Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
    And hands that shed innocent blood,

18. A heart that devises wicked plans,
    Feet that run rapidly to evil,

19. A false witness who utters lies,
    And one who spreads strife among brothers."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
    Proverbs 6:17 "Haughty eyes" represents mental attitude arrogance or a presumption of competitive superiority [which inevitably leads to self absorption; self centeredness; and inordinate pride]. The sin of arrogance is the root sin of other sins and destroys the possibility of daily relationship with God.

Proverbs 6:18 "A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil." Comments: "A heart" in the Koine Greek of the New Testament is kardia which is the rational mentality of the soul. / "devises wicked plans": refers to the activity of plotting ways to retaliate which is the mental attitude sin of revenge tactics and schemes. / "feet that run rapidly to evil" describes those who follow the lust patterns of their sin nature into all manner of evil. Such carnal believers [failure to utilize 1John 1:9 and to grow in grace] lack self restraint and/or self discipline; they ultimately revel in their deceit deeds and treachery. (Page 8)

"19. A false witness who utters lies [to deliberately perjure yourself in contrast to the "lying tongue"], And one who spreads strife among brothers." Comments: The "false witness" becomes engaged in slander and defamation under oath with malicious intent. "And one who spreads strife among brothers" is reminiscent of the divisions of the early local church in Corinth [which is still common in churches today with one group vying for power over another group by resorting to innuendo, gossip and lies to diminish the reputations of its rivals]. (to be continued)
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 May '15 07:271 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)
    God detests all mental, verbal and overt activities that violate His Character and Righteous Standards.
    The magnitude of seven particular sins listed in Proverbs 6:16-19 dispels any and all shallow views of sin
    as a few blatant overt sins or cultural taboos. (to be continued)

"16. There are six t ...[text shortened]... rting to innuendo, gossip and lies to diminish the reputations of its rivals]. (to be continued)
    We must be willing to contend for the Faith.
    Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

(Jude 1:3 NKJV)

We must expose those heretical doctrines of demons, like evilution and billions of years in Genesis, that attempt to add to or subtract from and twist the scriptures to deceive the members of the church.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 May '15 13:32
    Originally posted by divegeester (Page 4)
    Thread 161949

4 months ago you started the same thread. I just notice that it's always death and sin and hell and death and sin and hell.
    10 Dec '14 23:37 Originally posted by karoly aczel Thread 161949
    Sin - Anything that is "God-eclipsing".

not my definition, but one I came across that made me think.

Well stated, karoly. God's perfect essence is the definitive standard. Thanks. (my reply)
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '15 02:38
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I am sorry I have some other things i need to get cleared up at present. When its cleared up then Ill try to answer your questions.
    [Bump] How does Proverbs 6:17 sit with your often expressed conviction that ALL 'shedding of blood' is "sin"? Can 6:17 perhaps be used to justify killing in self-defence, fighting in a just war, and executing people for crimes?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 May '15 15:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    [Bump] How does Proverbs 6:17 sit with your often expressed conviction that ALL 'shedding of blood' is "sin"? Can 6:17 perhaps be used to justify killing in self-defence, fighting in a just war, and executing people for crimes?
    Proverbs 6;17 "Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,"
    Murdering another human being [not freedom through military victory] is an overt sin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree