Sin

Sin

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No you tell us! you said it, you tell us.
I already have. It's on page 6, the 11th post.

Moves
02 May 15

I have documented them and I am waiting for your evidence.

here are your words again divesjeester, lets see you substantiate them or be forever known as the hypocrite that you evidently purport to be. Your accusations were and i quote,

1.contradictions about your concrete beliefs,
2. your presumptions about other people and their beliefs
3. y ...[text shortened]... ance and where have i displayed intellectual dishonesty? you said it, so where is your evidence?
Are you feeling OK?

What have you documented and what evidence is it you want?

F

Moves
02 May 15

because perhaps he likes to reason on things objectively without reducing elements to a personal level.
How does Proverbs 6:17 sit with your often expressed conviction that ALL 'shedding of blood' is "sin"? Can 6:17 perhaps be used to justify killing in self-defence, fighting in a just war, and executing people for crimes?

rc

Moves
02 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I already have. It's on page 6, the 11th post.
I am sorry i dont see any reason and no explanation. Dont you do reasons or explanations divesgeester?

Moves
02 May 15

I have documented them and I am waiting for your evidence.

here are your words again divesjeester, lets see you substantiate them or be forever known as the hypocrite that you evidently purport to be. Your accusations were and i quote,

1.contradictions about your concrete beliefs,
2. your presumptions about other people and their beliefs
3. y ...[text shortened]... ance and where have i displayed intellectual dishonesty? you said it, so where is your evidence?
I've pointed out your contradiction on page 6 post 11.

rc

Moves
02 May 15

Originally posted by FMF
How does Proverbs 6:17 sit with your often expressed conviction that ALL 'shedding of blood' is "sin"? Can 6:17 perhaps be used to justify killing in self-defence, fighting in a just war, and executing people for crimes?
I am sorry I have some other things i need to get cleared up at present. When its cleared up then Ill try to answer your questions.

rc

Moves
02 May 15
1 edit

I've pointed out your contradiction on page 6 post 11.
No all you have said is that there is a contradiction you have not explained or given as reason why its a contradiction. Dont you do reasons divesgeester?

rc

Moves
02 May 15
1 edit

If anyone knows what's happened to dweebjeester let me know, perhaps his foot is stuck in his mouth, he has taken a vow of silence? some cat came and took away his tounge, let little ol weedy robbie know - thanks in advance.

F

Moves
02 May 15

If anyone knows what's happened to dweebjeester let me know, perhaps his foot is stuck in his mouth, he has taken a vow of silence? some cat came and took away his tounge, let little ol weedy robbie know - thanks in advance.
So.... How does Proverbs 6:17 sit with your often expressed conviction that ALL 'shedding of blood' is "sin"? Can 6:17 perhaps be used to justify killing in self-defence, fighting in a just war, and executing people for crimes?

Moves
02 May 15

I was away at a gathering for most of the day.

Moves
02 May 15
2 edits

No all you have said is that there is a contradiction you have not explained or given as reason why its a contradiction. Dont you do reasons divesgeester?
You said in your original post that it was difficult (presumably for God as he is the only one who can hold people accountable) to hold people accountable for their unconscious sin, but when you were asked if this meant that these people were actually not accountable for their unconscious sin, you said (after three times of asking) that you "didn't know".

Your position here is contradictory because if you "don't know" whether of not people are held accountable (by God) for their unconscious sin, then you had no business proclaiming that "it is difficult (for God) to hold them accountable".

As I was saying in my subsequent posts, you seem to speak as someone with authority, when in fact you "don't know" what it is you are talking about.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 15

I was away at a gathering for most of the day.
What were you gathering old chap?

Please say penguins?

Moves
02 May 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
What were you gathering old chap?

Please say penguins?
Lol. No it was a gathering of people, friends, colleagues and relations. Someone close to me is emigrating and it was part of a protracted long goodbye which continues into next week.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
02 May 15

Lol. No it was a gathering of people, friends, colleagues and relations. Someone close to me is emigrating and it was part of a protracted long goodbye which continues into next week.
Thankfully it is a small world nowadays; much easier to stay in touch. How did we cope before the internet?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 May 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
"Proverbs 6: 17 "Haughty eyes" represents mental attitude arrogance or a presumption of competitive superiority [which inevitably leads to self absorption; self centeredness; and inordinate pride]. The sin of arrogance is the root sin of other sins and destroys the possibility of daily relationship with God. (to be continued)
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 1)
God detests all mental, verbal and overt activities that violate His Character and Righteous Standards.
The magnitude of seven particular sins listed in Proverbs 6:16-19 dispels any and all shallow views of sin
as a few blatant overt sins or cultural taboos. (to be continued)

"16. There are six things which the Lord hates,
Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

17. Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,

18. A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,

19. A false witness who utters lies,
And one who spreads strife among brothers."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 4)
Proverbs 6:17 "Haughty eyes" represents mental attitude arrogance or a presumption of competitive superiority [which inevitably leads to self absorption; self centeredness; and inordinate pride]. The sin of arrogance is the root sin of other sins and destroys the possibility of daily relationship with God. (to be continued)

Proverbs 6:18 "A heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil." Comments: "A heart" in the Koine Greek of the New Testament is kardia which is the rational mentality of the soul. / "devises wicked plans": refers to the activity of plotting ways to retaliate which is the mental attitude sin of revenge tactics and schemes. / "feet that run rapidly to evil" describes those who follow the lust patterns of their sin nature into all manner of evil. Such carnal believers [failure to utilize 1John 1:9 and to grow in grace] lack self restraint and/or self discipline; they ultimately revel in their deceit deeds and treachery. (to be continued)