1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:21
    Suppose that sitting on a certain chair were analagous to saving faith, meaning, one is saved for sitting on the chair, just once. Regardless of whether or not one stayed sitting, imagine the issue is whether or not one ever simply sat in said chair.
    With respect to Jesus Christ, how many people who frequent the debates and discussion here, have ever sat in the chair, as it were? The question is directed to all, regardless of current affiliations.
    Obviously for me, I have sat, and continue sitting. How many here have ever sat, to walk away, renounce ever sitting or etc.?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:26
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    How many here have ever sat, to walk away, renounce ever sitting or etc.?
    I have sat and then walked away; I had no reason to "renounce ever sitting" unlike my reasons for getting up, but am likely to try and find a seat elsewhere one day.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I have sat and then walked away; I had no reason to "renounce ever sitting" unlike my reasons for getting up, but am likely to try and find a seat elsewhere one day.
    Thanks for the honesty.
  4. Gangster Land
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:31
    I have sat, and continue to sit, but I complain bitterly about how uncomfortable the seat is, how unstable it is and how annoying it is to the rest of the masses, whether standing or sitting in a different sort of chair.

TheSkipper
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:35
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    I have sat, and continue to sit, but I complain bitterly about how uncomfortable the seat is, how unstable it is and how annoying it is to the rest of the masses, whether standing or sitting in a different sort of chair.

TheSkipper
    No kidding, huh!
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:47
    Thanks for the honesty.
    No problem. Now what's the point of this exercise?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 18:51
    No problem. Now what's the point of this exercise?
    Once I get a few more responses (better: if), I will posit my hypotheses. If there aren't enough responses, I'll still reveal what I was after.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 19:31
    Suppose that sitting on a certain chair were analagous to saving faith, meaning, one is saved for sitting on the chair, just once. Regardless of whether or not one stayed sitting, imagine the issue is whether or not one ever simply sat in said chair.
    With respect to Jesus Christ, how many people who frequent the debates and discussion here, have ever sat ...[text shortened]... and continue sitting. How many here have ever sat, to walk away, renounce ever sitting or etc.?
    I thought I sat on that chair. Everyone around me told me that I was sitting on that chair. But, when I looked for it, I found there was no chair beneath me, and I fell to the ground. From my prone position, I saw others squatted down in a sitting position, with smiles on their faces. But their legs were quivering as they attempted to maintain their balance.
  9. Joined
    06 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 19:35
    With respect to Jesus Christ, how many people who frequent the debates and discussion here, have ever sat ...[text shortened]... and continue sitting. How many here have ever sat, to walk away, renounce ever sitting or etc.?
    I have sat and am currently seated. I find the chair quite comfortable.

DF
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 22:03
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I thought I sat on that chair. Everyone around me told me that I was sitting on that chair. But, when I looked for it, I found there was no chair beneath me, and I fell to the ground. From my prone position, I saw others squatted down in a sitting position, with smiles on their faces. But their legs were quivering as they attempted to maintain their balance.
    Shall I mark that as a "yes" or a "no," or "unknown?"
  11. The sky
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 22:59
    I am not sure I understand your question. What exactly does "saving faith" mean? If your beliefs are right, your faith might be saving, but you won't know for sure whether you are saved before your death. And if your beliefs are wrong, your faith won't be saving anyway because there won't be anyone to save you. Maybe I totally misunderstand what you mean by "saving faith", though.

If the analogy were "sitting on the chair" - "having faith in Christ", then yes, I have been sitting on the chair. It didn't last very long; the chair broke into pieces, and looking back I realized that sitting on the chair had narrowed my view very much, so instead of trying to repair it or finding a new chair, I rather decided to walk around.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    What exactly does "saving faith" mean?
    Thanks for the post. The assumption, of course, is that reliance on Jesus Christ is saving faith. And, you are correct: no one 'knows' if their beliefs are efficacious, until the final reckoning.
  13. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:08
    Take that chair and turn it over and you can not only save yourself but 3 of yer buddies......

RTh
  14. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:091 edit
    Jesus was a carpenter, but only human, at least in that capacity (specifically, nowhere in the Bible does it tell of him filling Ikea with five nails and two 8-foot two-by-fours or something). He could not make sufficient chairs for everbody who will ever exist, so by the pigeonhole principle, some of us are fated to make up the difference in our beanbags and sandals.
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:29
    I was told to sit down and became used to sitting, but when I was able to stand by choice, I walked around I found there were other chairs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree