1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:30
    Originally posted by Ringtailhunter
    Take that chair and turn it over and you can not only save yourself but 3 of yer buddies......

RTh
    So, did ever sit on the chair?
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:31
    Originally posted by royalchicken
    Jesus was a carpenter, but only human, at least in that capacity (specifically, nowhere in the Bible does it tell of him filling Ikea with five nails and two 8-foot two-by-fours or something). He could not make sufficient chairs for everbody who will ever exist, so by the pigeonhole principle, some of us are fated to make up the difference in our beanbags and sandals.
    Hackysack notwithstanding, did you ever sit in the chair?
  3. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:38
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Hackysack notwithstanding, did you ever sit in the chair?
    Not as such. I was born in the sink, was taken out by my mum, sat in a very different chair for eight years, whereupon I decided the chair was not for me, so I wandered around in a crouching position until I found I could stand erect, although several splinters remain in my ass from the chair.

(ie, I was baptised Catholic, attended a Unitarian Universalist church for eight years, was briefly an agnostic if asked and finally I thought about it a bit and became an atheist, although some of my social views are still informed by Unitarian Universalism.)
  4. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    28 Feb '06 23:51
    So, did ever sit on the chair?
    I sat on the couch of all knowing. Sat on the chair you speak of? Sat in the chair is more like it. It aint like for anyone growing up with any faith had a room full of chairs to choose from. If you liked the chair great. To me the chair did not have enough room for everyone and wobbled a little bit too much for my taste.

RTh
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:051 edit
    The question may have not been precise enough, and for this I apologize. Let me re-phrase it. Have you ever personally accepted Jesus Christ, whether publicly or otherwise?
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:13
    The question may have not been precise enough, and for this I apologize. Let me re-phrase it. Have you ever personally accepted Jesus Christ, whether publicly or otherwise?
    Hell no! I thought this question was about chairs and sitting in those chairs!
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:15
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Hell no! I thought this question was about chairs and sitting in those chairs!
    Tricked you into eternal salvation, did I? Well, my little pretty, that's not all you gave up!
  8. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:21
    What does this have to do with chairs?
  9. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:371 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Like I said, J-bird was a carpenter, and carpenters can produce a stunning variety of chairs.

It surprises me that Scripture, to my knowledge, makes no mention of Jesus' excellence, or lack thereof, in the field of carpentry.

EDIT According to 'The Passion of the Christ', he was a pretty average carpenter, although in the film he seems to construct a table by jumping on it repeatedly with his un-Jesusly impressive physique. Then again, he does make a prophecy about people eating while seated upright in the future, so perhaps he compensates for his lack of skill with a hammer by his forward-thinking furniture design. A true visionary.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:39
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Really?
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:41
    Like I said, J-bird was a carpenter, and carpenters can produce a stunning variety of chairs.

It surprises me that Scripture, to my knowledge, makes no mention of Jesus' excellence, or lack thereof, in the field of carpentry.
    As He was more likely a stonebuilder, your post still makes no sense. Have you ever sat in that chair?
  12. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:47
    Not as such. I was born in the sink, was taken out by my mum, sat in a very different chair for eight years, whereupon I decided the chair was not for me, so I wandered around in a crouching position until I found I could stand erect, although several splinters remain in my ass from the chair.

(ie, I was baptised Catholic, attended a Unitarian Unive ...[text shortened]... came an atheist, although some of my social views are still informed by Unitarian Universalism.)
    I already addressed this. To be more clear, I have sat in a chair which evolved from that chair, namely the Unitarian-Universalist chair.
  13. The sky
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 00:58
    I already addressed this. To be more clear, I have sat in a chair which [b]evolved from that chair, namely the Unitarian-Universalist chair.[/b]
    When it comes to chairs, I am actually a creationist. Also when it comes to religious chairs. I don't think the Unitarian-Universalist chair evolved from the Jesus chair. I believe it was created by humans, just like the Jesus chair. Because it was made later and the creators knew the Jesus chair, of course they tried to make it better, which can make it look like if it had evolved.
  14. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 01:041 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    When it comes to chairs, I am actually a creationist. Also when it comes to religious chairs. I don't think the Unitarian-Universalist chair evolved from the Jesus chair. I believe it was created by humans, just like the Jesus chair. Because it was made later and the creators knew the Jesus chair, of course they tried to make it better, which can make it look like if it had evolved.
    True; sometimes the word 'evolved' is applied to ideas which change due to small influences caused by individual people. I was making a pun to antagonise the Freak, who might have confused it with types of evolution which do not involve conscious human decisions.
  15. Standard memberRingtailhunter
    Track drifter ®
    Hoopnholler, MN
    Moves
    01 Mar '06 01:12
    Ok....are we done here.....Ok, were done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree