1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 11:26
    So answer me this: Take a look at this article and then comment:

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-01-immune-foiled-hairpin.html

So your god created all of us in a wave of its metaphorical hand. How do you explain these organisms that attack gods creation? Why would a god invent humans and animals and such but then create life forms that attacks the very life your god supposedly created?
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 11:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse

So your god created all of us in a wave of its metaphorical hand. How do you explain these organisms that attack gods creation? Why would a god invent humans and animals and such but then create life forms that attacks the very life your god supposedly created?
    The Devil made Him do it.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 14:01

“For who has known the mind of the Lord?
    Or who has become His counselor?”

(Romans 11:34 NKJV)

Who has directed the Spirit of the Lord,
    Or as His counselor has taught Him?
    With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him,
    And taught Him in the path of justice?
    Who taught Him knowledge,
    And showed Him the way of understanding?

(Isaiah 40:13-14 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 14:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds

I thought people if unquestioning faith knew god.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 15:33

Great cop out but you haven't explained anything except repeat that which has been spewed ad nauseam: god did it. Tell me why. Why would your god make a virus that gives a three year old girl cancer and she dies from it? Is your god saying she wasn't good enough to be alive? That she was a mistake? What, your god making mistakes?
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 16:14

http://www.gospelway.com/creation/evolution_consequences.php
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 17:28
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    http://www.gospelway.com/creation/evolution_consequences.php
    There are obvious falsehoods in that tome: One of them calling evolution a hypothesis. It has progressed WAY past mere hypothesis to all but proven, the all but being creationists of course. The second one is the first major argument: That evolution is only believed by unbelievers. That is totally not true. Many religious people now accept the overwhelming evidence of evolution, for instance, Suzanne here, she believes in the christian god but believes god set up the universe to use evolution to make mankind.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 23:45
    There are obvious falsehoods in that tome: One of them calling evolution a hypothesis. It has progressed WAY past mere hypothesis to all but proven, the all but being creationists of course. The second one is the first major argument: That evolution is only believed by unbelievers. That is totally not true. Many religious people now accept the overwhelming ...[text shortened]... eves in the christian god but believes god set up the universe to use evolution to make mankind.
    The child is yours or it was sired by another man. Just as in the human realm, God's Creation of Angels; the Universe as we know it and beyond; and all creatures living within it are the result of His Work or of some other supreme being. Deviation from this reasonable premise (any individual believer or unbelievers' position notwithstanding) is diametrically opposed.
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 00:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Deviation from this reasonable premise (any individual believer or unbelievers' position notwithstanding) is diametrically opposed.
    Another nonsense sentence.

If you cannot use big words correctly then do not use them at all.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 04:25
    There are obvious falsehoods in that tome: One of them calling evolution a hypothesis. It has progressed WAY past mere hypothesis to all but proven, the all but being creationists of course. The second one is the first major argument: That evolution is only believed by unbelievers. That is totally not true. Many religious people now accept the overwhelming ...[text shortened]... eves in the christian god but believes god set up the universe to use evolution to make mankind.
    Suzianne because of her lack of some knowledge is simply deceived on the subject of evolution. Many who believe in Christianity have been decieved on various subjects. Many still believe Jesus was crucified on Friday and born on December 25. Just because suzianne believes in evolution does not make it true. You should be able to do a lot better than that. 😏
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 04:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Another nonsense sentence.

If you cannot use big words correctly then do not use them at all.
    "... unbelievers"

Thank you.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 11:341 edit
    Suzianne because of her lack of some knowledge is simply deceived on the subject of evolution. Many who believe in Christianity have been decieved on various subjects. Many still believe Jesus was crucified on Friday and born on December 25. Just because suzianne believes in evolution does not make it true. You should be able to do a lot better than that. 😏
    Sorry, but it is you and your ilk who have been deceived, sold a snake oil tale thousands of years ago in the successful build up of political power. That part has worked very well. The actual spiritual part is sadly lacking. Evolution is a fact jack.

I was refuting the statement in the link given by Gramps in his post. Did you even read it?
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 12:49
    I was going to pipe in here and mention Francis Collins, head of the Human Genome Project, Christian, and author of The Language of God, a book that explains Evolution and why he believes it is the mechanism used by God.

However, the link does not actually state that "evolution is only believed by unbelievers". It says that all unbelievers support evolution but it does not say that all believers deny it. I suppose it might imply that people who support Evolution cannot be true believers.

I think I probably agree with much of what it says about the conflicts between the two: you cannot believe a literal interpretation of the Bible while also accepting Evolution. But then again, you cannot believe a literal interpretation of the Bible on its own without a large cognitive dissonance, it is so riddled with internal inconsistencies. What's one more contradiction between friends to also accept Evolution?

--- Penguin.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:14
    Originally posted by Penguin
    I was going to pipe in here and mention Francis Collins, head of the Human Genome Project, Christian, and author of The Language of God, a book that explains Evolution and why he believes it is the mechanism used by God.

However, the link does not actually state that "evolution is only believed by unbelievers". It says that all unbelievers support evo ...[text shortened]... cies. What's one more contradiction between friends to also accept Evolution?

--- Penguin.[/b]
    without a large cognitive dissonance, it is so riddled with internal inconsistencies.
    This morning, I was prone on the couch, body positioned just so in order to catch the recently-rare rays of sun as they poured in through the window on my face.
    It was glorious.
    My hand propped under my head, eyes closed, I could nearly imagine I was back in Cozumel lounging on its blue water shores.
    The rays diminished, and as I slowly opened my eyes, the first object in my line of sight just wouldn't register in my head.
    I knew it was my arm as my hand was under my head.
    I knew it was the hair of my arm, but as stated, it wouldn't register.
    The sun on one side, me on the other, the hair on my arm in the middle looked other-worldly.
    Lighted up, blurry from being too close... it just made no sense.
    Opening my eyes wider, gaining perspective, the vision finally made sense.

To a thug, Shakespeare sounds like crap.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 02:15
    Sorry, but it is you and your ilk who have been deceived, sold a snake oil tale thousands of years ago in the successful build up of political power. That part has worked very well. The actual spiritual part is sadly lacking. Evolution is a fact jack.

I was refuting the statement in the link given by Gramps in his post. Did you even read it?
    Old man, you didn't refute anything. You were only talking out your arse. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree