1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Those who challenge people like Dasa and robbie over the questionable morality of certain stances they take and claims they make are predominantly non-Christians, it seems to me.
    You act as if mankind was not the one making up morality. No god was used, only the name of a god was used in the creation of these religions.

You seem to think YOUR morality is inherently superior to any other morality on the planet and you would kill to keep it that way.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 10:58
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You act as if mankind was not the one making up morality. No god was used, only the name of a god was used in the creation of these religions.

You seem to think YOUR morality is inherently superior to any other morality on the planet and you would kill to keep it that way.
    What are you on about? 😕
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    On the contrary what a troll needs and craves is attention, if you deprive him of that then he has no platform. In opposing him what you did was simply provide him with the very platform he needed, but I, in my infinite wisdom realised this and made practically no reply to him which was taken by this forum as being an act of complicity when all alon ...[text shortened]... ly yields and returns with constancy. Why must you be a rock instead of water young Ghosthopper?
    The Ghost immediately apologises sir for overestimating your intelligence.

Better a rock than a jellyfish.

😏
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:08

Yes this is the problem with people like FMF who have little to contribute other than to moralise over other people and which hampers any kind of understanding because all they appear capable of is looking at ideas through some kind of self fabricated narrow moral lens where everything is relative to them. Its nothing but a kind of mesim.

Of course as Freaky pointed out it ultimately leads to douchbaggery because they are often caught out feigning all kinds of sentiments when their real motives are simply to degrade other people, again indicative of their arrogance and attempts to feel superior. Personally I think its quite the opposite, they are afraid and insecure so they must degrade other people to compensate.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    The Ghost immediately apologises sir for overestimating your intelligence.

Better a rock than a jellyfish.

😏
    Great arteests like myself are rarely appreciated or understood by our contemporaries. Posterity will understand the wisdom of my stance and hold those who feed trolls accountable as being complicit through association.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:251 edit
    Yes this is the problem with people like FMF who have little to contribute other than to moralise over other people and which hampers any kind of understanding because all they appear capable of is looking at ideas through some kind of self fabricated narrow moral lens where everything is relative to them. Its nothing but a kind of mesim.
    Nobody has moralized over and condemned others on this forum as much and as incessantly as you have during all the years I have been here, and you've done it with the aid of puerile abuse and silly and often dishonest rhetorical tricks and dodges.

Providing 'cover' for Dasa's rape apologism and, instead, condemning everyone else for being "banal" and "putting the boot into Dasa", and coming out with numerous variations on the fatuous 'why bother condemning immoral things?' theme, was you trying to be funny and trying to attract attention to yourself.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:32
    ...people like FMF [...] have little to contribute other than to moralise over other people and which hampers any kind of understanding because all they appear capable of is looking at ideas through some kind of self fabricated narrow moral lens where everything is relative to them.
    I engaged Dasa quite a lot, point by point, argument by argument, and listened to what he said, and ignored most of his personal abuse. The understanding of him I gained is rooted in that and engaging him was how I did it. If you ended up with a better understanding of him, how did you do it?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 11:461 edit
    Of course as Freaky pointed out it ultimately leads to douchbaggery because they are often caught out feigning all kinds of sentiments when their real motives are simply to degrade other people, again indicative of their arrogance and attempts to feel superior. Personally I think its quite the opposite, they are afraid and insecure so they must degrade other people to compensate.
    I wonder if either you or FreakyKBH are trying to "compensate" and to "degrade" someone with your talk of supposed "douchbaggery". 😉
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 15:01
    Great arteests like myself are rarely appreciated or understood by our contemporaries. Posterity will understand the wisdom of my stance and hold those who feed trolls accountable as being complicit through association.
    Wisdom of your stance?

You had no stance. Sir, an asthmatic gerbil could have blown you over.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 15:091 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Wisdom of your stance?

You had no stance. Sir, an asthmatic gerbil could have blown you over.
    Sigh. . . be water my friend! 😀
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 17:57
    Boofhead!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 19:001 edit
    Originally posted by apathist
    Boofhead!
    I wonder how you are supposed to pronounce that word. Boo-fhead or boof-head? Boo is a word but I wonder about fhead. Boof seems like something you say when you fall off a horse.....

Wiki says Boofhead was the name of a comic book character in Sydney Australia in the 1940's.

I wonder how Dasa came across it? I guess all he reads besides the Vedas is to start out with an antique comic.....
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 22:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    What are you on about? 😕
    I over-stated my position, sorry if I offended. I just feel all morality comes from men not gods. There are too many gods, all of which to me are fake as far as I am concerned.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 23:22
    I over-stated my position, sorry if I offended. I just feel all morality comes from men not gods. There are too many gods, all of which to me are fake as far as I am concerned.
    Iff you maintain that ALL gods are false, doesn't this in fact make you an atheist?

And haven't you denied this in the past?

Just looking for clarification.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 01:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    I engaged Dasa quite a lot, point by point, argument by argument, and listened to what he said, and ignored most of his personal abuse. The understanding of him I gained is rooted in that and engaging him was how I did it. If you ended up with a better understanding of him, how did you do it?
    I thought you kept trying to get him to cough up his sources most of the time (?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree