1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think you hanker after more diversity on this forum. I think Dasa - on account of his interpersonal disabilities - represents a missed opportunity for those who might otherwise have been happy to see something different [in terms of religionists laying out their cases, at least] from Christians and non-Christians chewing over Christianity and the occasional bit of Muslim gristle.
    Funny you should talk to others about their "missed opportunities", but then we easily see the splinter in the eye of another without recognizing the beam in our own.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Funny you should talk to others about their "missed opportunities", but then we easily see the splinter in the eye of another without recognizing the beam in our own.
    Do you think I am responsible for some sort of a "missed opportunity"? I don't so. I think I am a thoughtful and reasonably erudite non-Christian with consistent and well considered views to share.

I think that my contributions to the many, many debates and discussions on this forum have been substantial over several years, regardless of whether you personally agree with my views or not (which I think is the real issue behind your post above).

I can't see how all this can be realistically characterized as a "missed opportunity" for anyone involved.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 03:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Do you not think that Dasa missed his opportunity to explain and promote his religious views effectively on this forum? I certainly do. And I don't think saying this involves 'splinters' or 'beams' at all.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 11:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you not think that Dasa missed his opportunity to explain and promote his religious views effectively on this forum? I certainly do. And I don't think saying this involves 'splinters' or 'beams' at all.
    On the contrary, Dasa did not miss the opportunity. He represented his Hindu beliefs quite well. Now we know how wrong it is. Thanks Dasa! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 12:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    On the contrary, Dasa did not miss the opportunity. He represented his Hindu beliefs quite well. Now we know how wrong it is. Thanks Dasa! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    What nonsense. I have met some wonderful Hindus and their beliefs are just as interesting and steeped in folklore as Christianity's are. Dasa's behaviour here was a personal calamity, a missed opportunity for him as a proponent of his religious beliefs, and a pity for this forum which could really benefit from the presence of a few people from religions other than Christianity.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 13:03
    Hindus are generally far better at actually following in the footsteps of Christ than the average Christian. They DO the works that please God.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 13:33
    Worth noting that Dasa didn't consider himself a Hindu.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 13:58
    Did I miss something? Dasa's away on sabbatical, eh?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 14:00
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Did I miss something? Dasa's away on sabbatical, eh?
    Account suspended a.k.a. banned.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 14:03
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Hindus are generally far better at actually following in the footsteps of Christ than the average Christian. They DO the works that please God.
    Ah, you are talking about that man made construct men use as a springboard to put up their ideas of morality?
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 15:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Account suspended a.k.a. banned.
    Gosh, I just blinked.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 20:23
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Worth noting that Dasa didn't consider himself a Hindu.
    he did present Some Hindu beliefs. He did not identify as one because he thought himself above them. KRSNA's too
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 20:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think you hanker after more diversity on this forum. I think Dasa - on account of his interpersonal disabilities - represents a missed opportunity for those who might otherwise have been happy to see something different [in terms of religionists laying out their cases, at least] from Christians and non-Christians chewing over Christianity and the occasional bit of Muslim gristle.
    You could say I "hanker after more diversity on this forum."

The Vedas are very voluminous. Much more so than the bible.

My mental prep has been Zen Buddhist mainly and my practical has been more Hindu.
    I am terrible when it comes to the Vedas and even worse when it comes to Prahbudda (or however you spell it)
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Apr '16 20:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    .. no Muslim gristle for me. Only positivity. I really do feel for the Muslim community in our state (same as Dasa's)
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Apr '16 10:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You could say I "hanker after more diversity on this forum."

The Vedas are very voluminous. Much more so than the bible.
    The SF has become very one-sided, with a particular and peculiar version of Protestant Fundamentalist issues vastly over-represented. I for one would favor an opening up of the discussion to include other issues from other perspectives. If it occurs under Debates or even Culture, rather than SF, that's fine with me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree