1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:00
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Great arteests like myself are rarely appreciated or understood by our contemporaries. Posterity will understand the wisdom of my stance and hold those who feed trolls accountable as being complicit through association.
    I seriously doubt that. You're spineless, and I'm sure it will be noted as fact by posterity. Everything you write on these forums acts to assure it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I thought you kept trying to get him to cough up his sources most of the time (?)
    I don't know what you mean. I read what he wrote, I stated my take on it, I responded to his responses, I offered my account of things he seemed (to me) to be ignorant of, I no doubt exhibited some ignorance of his beliefs at times, I mostly ignored his insults, I was not offended by the effects of his mental deterioration. You think I spent "most of the time" asking him about his "sources"? I have no memory of that. Perhaps you could explain.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know what you mean. I read what he wrote, I stated my take on it, I responded to his responses, I offered my account of things he seemed (to me) to be ignorant of, I no doubt exhibited some ignorance of his beliefs at times, I mostly ignored his insults, I was not offended by the effects of his mental deterioration. You think I spent "most of the time" asking him about his "sources"? I have no memory of that. Perhaps you could explain.
    You often called him out for not crediting his cut and pastes.
    You don't remember that?
    Some other posters were just as adamant about him revealing his source material

I just didn't really care.

Surely you can remember ?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I over-stated my position, sorry if I offended. I just feel all morality comes from men not gods. There are too many gods, all of which to me are fake as far as I am concerned.
    No offence taken. Some bafflement that's all. I have never claimed that my sense of morality is superior to others. And, while I am not a pacifist, I have never advocated killing people who disagree with me. 😉
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:24
    You often called him out for not crediting his cut and pastes.
    You don't remember that?
    Some other posters were just as adamant about him revealing his source material

I just didn't really care.

Surely you can remember ?
    And you believe me telling him to cite his sources and not pass off text as his own (which of course I did do 2-3 times over the last six years) was what I did "most of the time"? There must have been hundreds and hundreds of my other posts that you did not read then.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:26
    Originally posted by FMF
    And you believe me telling him to cite his sources and not pass off text as his own (which of course I did do 2-3 times over the last six years) was what I did "most of the time"? There must have been hundreds and hundreds of my other posts that you did not read then.
    Yeah , it's the way I remember it. More than 2 or 3 but hey , why did I even bring it up?

And it is a valid point at times.

I have noted this response and will take your word for it
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:40
    Yeah , it's the way I remember it. More than 2 or 3 but hey , why did I even bring it up?
    I don't know why you're bringing it up. Presumably you didn't read many of my posts over the last few years and presumably you did not witness what Dasa did here these last few weeks, otherwise you wouldn't be nitpicking. 😛
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 02:471 edit
    And it is a valid point at times.
    Tackling him for his plagiarism was a "valid point"? Of course it was. He did not, after all, spend much time - if any - arguing the sense or logic or meaning or appeal of his pronouncements, but instead insisted on his own self-anointed authority and the sheer 'self-explanatory' authority of what he was referring to and talking about.

For him then to copy paste stuff he didn't write himself, attribute unassailable authority to it, and refuse to say who wrote it and where he'd got it from, was Dasa at his most daft and self-defeating.

I've long realized that you hanker after the presence of some good advocates of the Vedas and perhaps Hinuism too in this community ~ and it's true, the forum would benefit from more diversity ~ but to nail even any tiny piece of one's underpants to the Dasa mast - when the guy was an obnoxious jerk with zero interpersonal skills and some bizarre genocidal beliefs - was always a waste of a nail. 🙂
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 12:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Iff you maintain that ALL gods are false, doesn't this in fact make you an atheist?

And haven't you denied this in the past?

Just looking for clarification.
    Yes, it has taken me a long time to come to my latest conclusions. My argument: Most religious folk would agree with me those OTHER god's are fake, man made and such.

Even though the 'Abrahamic' religions, Judaism, Islam, Christianity all supposedly worship the same god, I see time after time Christians saying Islam does not worship THEIR god, they are the spawn of Satan and the like.

Here is the deal: You would agree all those OTHER god's are fake, man made but would fight tooth and nail saying YOUR god is THE true god.

But Islamists would say the same about YOUR god. Their god is real, YOUR god is fake.

My position is a real deity would never set up such a system.

If a god wanted to establish a religion, why would this god start in some god awful place such as the deserts around Jerusalem, confining it to a special few?

That alone tells me it was man made.

A real god, assuming it wanted to establish a religion, would not grant special status to some unknown Semite tribe in the desert.

Being a real god, it would have easily had the power to have grabbed the attention of every living human on the planet at the same time, not restricting it to some unknown tribe of a few thousand in a desert community,

So the gist of that is, that never happened.

So we are left with a restrictive religion for the chosen few as Judaism was originally conceived and expanded on by Islam and Christianity.

Now all this will never convince you of any of what I am saying, I am just giving you my take on it.

The take: Everyone knows the OTHER god is fake.

All the religions on Earth, they can't ALL be right.

But they sure as hell can ALL be wrong.

That is what, in fact, I think.

And that is not saying 'there is no god'.

I am saying there is no 'bible god' or Hindu god or Islam god or any of the other man made constructs in human history.

It is in my mind, if there is in fact a real god, maybe it made the universe, maybe not, but if there is such a god, it is to my mind, totally hands off to humans.

Dasa says Islam killed hundreds of millions of people, not the religion of peace and so forth, and it is probably true about all those deaths.

WW2, WW1, the wars in the 19th century, accounted for at least 100 million deaths.

The wars before that had to account for millions more.

So we are up to maybe 500 MILLION deaths at the hands of despots over the centuries.

Ask yourself this: Would a loving god allow such massive atrocity?

And over multiple centuries and since we now have a population of something under 8 billion, a half billion is about 1/16th of our entire civilization.

Clearly, if there is such a god, it did not care about all those deaths.

Christians and other make up the story of Satan and such, a powerful force that bends our wills to its bidding and such.

So why would a real deity, loving being it would be, to allow such a rebel to exist?

Personally I don't think it would, and of course now I would get the 'so now you know the mind of god' card pulled.

But you have to admit, humans are intelligent. Not as intelligent as an alleged god but we can smell the coffee and come to conclusions.

My conclusion is, if there is a god, it is NOT the loving being portrayed in the Abrahamics.

It is hands off, and if a half a billion people can get killed by humans with nary a squeak from this loving god, then it could just as easily be all 8 billion of us die off, total extinction, which, btw has already happened to all the OTHER species of humans that have come down the road, then ALL humans die in some extinction event, no god would come down and fix our boo boo's, put bandages on our knees saying it's all right baby, just believe in me, I'll make it better.

That is human wishful thinking. We have already proven this god does not give a shyte about us, letting literally hundreds of millions of us to be killed by despots with no response, showing ME at least, there is no bible god, even if there is a real god floating around somewhere in our large universe or maybe universes.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 22:53
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know why you're bringing it up. Presumably you didn't read many of my posts over the last few years and presumably you did not witness what Dasa did here these last few weeks, otherwise you wouldn't be nitpicking. 😛
    No,no. I've been reading.

Perhaps I confused a couple of posts with you.

ok?

Far be it for you to call me out on nit picking.
    In my mind citing sources is nitpicking, hence my comments.

ok? done?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 22:581 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tackling him for his plagiarism was a "valid point"? Of course it was. He did not, after all, spend much time - if any - arguing the sense or logic or meaning or appeal of his pronouncements, but instead insisted on his own self-anointed authority and the sheer 'self-explanatory' authority of what he was referring to and talking about.

For him then to copy p ...[text shortened]... zero interpersonal skills and some bizarre genocidal beliefs - was always a waste of a nail. 🙂
    I dont hanker after positive portrayals of the vedas.

But Dasa's treatment of the matter was farcical at best.

I agree with all comments calling him out on his genocidal comments.

It does not surprise me in the slightest that dasa is bannned

And I commend you for engaging him on bogus topics

edit: So I bought this up because you and some after called him out on plagarizing which I dont care much about (in these circumstaNCES )
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 23:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:08
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Funny. But of course that would have been because of the tech growth of mankind not any inherent power of said deity.

If it was a deity who made mankind, why did it let Neandertals go extinct?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:18
    I dont hanker after positive portrayals of the vedas.
    I think you hanker after more diversity on this forum. I think Dasa - on account of his interpersonal disabilities - represents a missed opportunity for those who might otherwise have been happy to see something different [in terms of religionists laying out their cases, at least] from Christians and non-Christians chewing over Christianity and the occasional bit of Muslim gristle.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Apr '16 02:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Well, yeah, but, you know, that was Judas. He didn't quite "get it", either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree