1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 01:15
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    You are equating Jesus with the US Supreme Court and Paul to a Law Professor.
    AND also equating a right to make one's own a religious interpretation with some postulated right to make personal legal determinations.
    None of your "analogy" has any merit whatsoever.
    😀
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 07:33
    You are equating Jesus with the US Supreme Court and Paul to a Law Professor.
    AND also equating a right to make one's own a religious interpretation with some postulated right to make personal legal determinations.
    None of your "analogy" has any merit whatsoever.
    LH is making perfectly good sense. You just don't have a reply to his question, so you try and shred the validity of the analogy. Cheap tactics.
  3. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 08:303 edits
    Originally posted by Halitose
    LH is making perfectly good sense. You just don't have a reply to his question, so you try and shred the validity of the analogy. Cheap tactics.
    Like which argument ? I can safely say the the Summa Theologica doesnt once mention the U.S. Supreme Court.

Paul : Christ words :: Law professors : Supreme Court rulings

It might be possible for a Law professor to have a better understanding of the Constitution than the Supreme Court does ,,, but it ain't possible that Paul had a better understanding of Christ's message than Christ did.

edit 3 ... I need a proof reader to eliminate my typos
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 09:16
    Like which argument ? I can safely say the the Summa Theologica doesnt once mention the U.S. Supreme Court.

Paul : Christ words :: Law professors : Supreme Court rulings

It might be possible for a Law professor to have a better understanding of the Constitution than the Supreme Court does ,,, but it ain't possible that Paul had ...[text shortened]... st's message than Christ did.

edit 3 ... I need a proof reader to eliminate my typos
    The point that he believes Paul's writtings to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, and can therefor be equated with the teachings of Christ.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 09:40
    The point that he believes Paul's writtings to be inspired by the Holy Spirit, and can therefor be equated with the teachings of Christ.
    What he believes is his business, just as what Paul believed was Paul's. Paul overstepped the mission to preach Christ's message and fell into interpretating it , and that doesn't make Paul a particularly reliable source on Christ's message. The message is in Christ's words and for Paul or anybody else to inflict their own meanings to it does great violence to the Holy Spirit.
    Paul is NOT Christ, nor did he pretend to be.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 10:04
    What he believes is his business, just as what Paul believed was Paul's. Paul overstepped the mission to preach Christ's message and fell into interpretating it , and that doesn't make Paul a particularly reliable source on Christ's message. The message is in Christ's words and for Paul or anybody else to inflict their own mea ...[text shortened]... great violence to the Holy Spirit.
    Paul is NOT Christ, nor did he pretend to be.
    What is your point?

Have you ever asked the Holy Spirit to speak to you when you read the Bible?

Remember that if the Holy Spirit does not interpret the Bible to you then Satan is waiting in the que to draw the wool over your eyes.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 10:20
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    What is your point?

Have you ever asked the Holy Spirit to speak to you when you read the Bible?

Remember that if the Holy Spirit does not interpret the Bible to you then Satan is waiting in the que to draw the wool over your eyes.
    How much wool is on your eyelids? Why you can't see what His message is? You have Christ's words, you don't need anything else, and you diminish Christ by seeking other sources, paul included.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 10:331 edit
    How much wool is on your eyelids? Why you can't see what His message is? You have Christ's words, you don't need anything else, and you diminish Christ by seeking other sources, paul included.
    All who have received the Spirit of God understand His word. (Without the Spirt to teach you and guide you, you simply have your own sinful human interpretation.)
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 11:13
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    All who have received the Spirit of God understand His word. (Without the Spirt to teach you and guide you, you simply have your own sinful human interpretation.)
    your word games wont do you any good, you refuse to see , you refuse to hear, you will receive a Paul's reward.
    You must first seek before you find , only Christ can show you the way and telling yourself the you have "received the Spirit of God" only blasphemes the Spirit. If you knew what you were saying you wouldn't say it. You do not understand the Word, or you wouldn't look to Paul.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:14
    your word games wont do you any good, you refuse to see , you refuse to hear, you will receive a Paul's reward.
    You must first seek before you find , only Christ can show you the way and telling yourself the you have "received the Spirit of God" only blasphemes the Spirit. If you knew what you were saying you wouldn't say it. You do not understand the Word, or you wouldn't look to Paul.
    Even without Paul's letters. Do you believe the gospels?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:18
    Even without Paul's letters. Do you believe the gospels?
    I believe Christ's words are Christ's words.
  12. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:211 edit
    I believe Christ's words are Christ's words.
    Okay, let me rephrase. Do you believe that Christ's words as recorded in the gospels are Christ's real words?

edit1: I'm just really interested in what you believe. No hidden agenda's here.
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:34
    Okay, let me rephrase. Do you believe that Christ's words as recorded in the gospels are Christ's real words?
    seek and you will find. as I told your tag-team partner , it's not for me to teach what Christ's message was. you will find your answer in His words, beyond that you can draw your own conclusion.
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:371 edit
    seek and you will find. as I told your tag-team partner , it's not for me to teach what Christ's message was. you will find your answer in His words, beyond that you can draw your own conclusion.
    Could you be a little more specific. Seek what? To find what? Eternal life? Peace? Prosperity?

edit1: I resent being equated to dj2 the whole time. He is entitled to his beliefs as much as you and I.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 12:48
    Could you be a little more specific. Seek what? To find what? Eternal life? Peace? Prosperity?

edit1: I resent being equated to dj2 the whole time. He is entitled to his beliefs as much as you and I.
    To be more specific would be the same as interpretating , which I will not do. The Way is in the Word seek it.

thats understandable I would resent being equated to dj too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree