1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 13:45
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    You are a fellow chess player who ,I have no doubt,gone deep( as far as possible ) into positions on the board.Imagination and intellectual curiosity is a prerequisite for any chess lover.So I thought,what is that makes you not to go deeper in the meaning of life.Of course,it is your prerogative as to how deep you should go into the meaning of life,your b ...[text shortened]... as trying to beliitle you or to to tell you how superior is my thinking etc.Each one to his own.
    You're still going on about something that you perceive to be "deeper". I don't know what you mean. Then there's "more" curious, "more" imagination. "Wider". What's with these comparative adjectives? What do you mean by them?

If I come up with a set of speculations and hopes about supernatural things that is vastly more complicated and intricate than yours, would it be "deeper" than yours?

You asked me, "What is that makes you not to go deeper in the meaning of life"? What makes you think I haven't? Is it because I haven't reached the same conclusions as you?
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 14:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am crap at chess. What does it have to do with my belief system?
    Nothing at all. But just as one's rating improves by playing with stronger players, life's meaning becomes richer on delving deeper.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 14:141 edit
    Nothing at all. But just as one's rating improves by playing with stronger players, life's meaning becomes richer on delving deeper.
    I don't care about chess. I don't care about my rating. I don't read any chess books.

What makes you think I haven't delved "deeper"? What makes you think my life needs to be "richer"? Is it because I haven't reached the same conclusions as you?

Do you think you are a "stronger player" than me in terms of lifeskills and spirituality? Is that what you mean by the chess analogy.
  4. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 14:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't care about chess. I don't care about my rating. I don't read any chess books.

[b]Nothing at all. But just as one's rating improves by playing with stronger players, life's meaning becomes richer on delving deeper.

What makes you think I haven't delved "deeper"? What makes you think my life needs to be "richer"? Is it because I haven't reached t ...[text shortened]... n terms of lifeskills and spirituality? Is that what you mean by the chess analogy.[/b]
    You misunderstand me. As I said, you have the prerogative about everything in your life. You are possibly younger than me. I am 65. May God bless you with everything you desire. This is our theist way of wishing well.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Aug '11 14:51
    You misunderstand me. As I said, you have the prerogative about everything in your life. You are possibly younger than me. I am 65. May God bless you with everything you desire. This is our theist way of wishing well.
    Seriously. What does your chess rating or your age have to do with anything at all? Why won't you address any of the questions above which were all direct responses to your comments directed at me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree