1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 16:23

Eph 3:3-7
    how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power.
    NKJV

This marvelous passage is not unrelated to the God-man and the God-men who constitute His Body either.

For one thing, verse 11 specifically speaks of God's "eternal purpose". And we saw from Romans that to be called according to God's purpose is to be conformed to the image of His Son.

But more closely to the passage, we see in verse 17 that Paul prays that Christ would make His home in the hearts of the believers by faith.

"That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith." (v.11

If we continue the reading out of chapter 3 we see that this matter of Christ making His home in human hearts through faith is for the producing of "glory in the church" . That is the expression of God and man as one glorious blended and mingled oneness.

In fact the passage is about the church being filled up, filled up and up, unto "all the fullness of God"

"And to know the knowledge surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God." (v.19)

When man is filled up unto all the fullness of God God obtains fully matured God-men.
    Why else would God want to fill up men unto all the fullness of God if He does not wish to obtain God-men ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '16 16:334 edits
    Lastly you submit the excellent Col. 1:26-29)
    Can we possibly skip the truth of the God-man and the God-men in this passage ?

Col 1:26-29
    the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. 27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect
    [or full-grown] in Christ Jesus. 29 To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily.
    NKJV

Here the matter of GROWTH is also conveyed. Paul labors to present every man "full grown in Christ".

Full grown here is not physically full grown.
    Full grown here is not psychologically maturity.
    Full grown here is full grown in the divine life - the life of God.

Since he is speaking of Christ in you as the hope of glory, FULL GROWN must mean the growth of this indwelling One. To be filled up, saturated, permeated with Jesus Christ. And that is to have God-men obviously.

The mystery of Christ in man the hope of glory is therefore the mystery of the God-man growing in the saved to produce God-men.

Full maturity means growing from children to adults. Paul labors then to produce everyone under his ministry to arrive at maturity of adult God-men. This is in fact their hope. This is their hope of glorification and glory. Why else would God want His life (Christ) to grow in men other than that in maturity they would be God-men ?

" ... Christ Who is our [divine] life" (Col. 3:4)

The God-man / God-men truth is therefore in this passage also.

Recovery Version -

" ... teaching every man in all wisdom that we may present every man full-grown in Christ ...."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree