1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 00:14
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Personal Attack noted but not yet Alerted. FMF, please stay on topic.
    My observations were entirely on-topic, Grampy Bobby. You yourself introduced and used the term "vibrating emotionally", about which Penguin asked. I pointed out that it is [1] an example of your verbosity and [2] that you constantly try to dismiss disagreement with you as being "emotional". You used the term "vibrating emotionally" on this thread, and I have simply responded to it. One wonders what it is you think you could "alert" in this discussion.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 00:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    My observations were entirely on-topic, Grampy Bobby. You yourself introduced and used the term "vibrating emotionally", about which Penguin asked. I pointed out that it is [1] an example of your verbosity and [2] that you constantly try to dismiss disagreement with you as being "emotional". You used the term "vibrating emotionally" on this thread, and I have simply responded to it. One wonders what it is you think you could "alert" in this discussion.
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    20 Signs You're Unhappy (But Don't Even Realize It)
    By Dr. Lissa Rankin January 23, 2014

"Our entire culture suffers from what the shamans call “soul loss,” a loss of meaning, direction, vitality, mission, purpose, identity, and genuine connection; a deep unhappiness that most of us have come to consider as simply ordinary.

The soul is our source of absolute uniqueness, a place within that connects you not only to your own value and essence, but to the value and essence of every other living being. What makes soul loss so subtle and dangerous is that very few people have realized that it has happened. Most of us do not know that we have disconnected from our soul and have come to accept as normal a numbness and lack of meaning in our lives. Because we all belong to this culture, we all suffer from soul loss. It's epidemic and blinds us from seeing the potential for joy and wholeness in ordinary life. When you heal from soul loss, you see familiar things in new ways so you can increase your joy in what you already have.

Not sure if you’re suffering from soul loss? Here are 20 diagnostic signs that signal soul loss:

1.You feel like you’re not as good as other people.
    2.You yearn to be of service, but you have no idea what you have to contribute and why it matters.
    3.You find yourself striving in vain for an impossible-to-achieve standard of perfection.
    4.Your fears keep you from living large.
    5.You’re frequently worried that you’re not good enough, smart enough, thin enough, young enough, [fill in the blank] enough.

6.You feel like a victim of circumstances that are beyond your control.
    7.You feel like your daily life is meaningless and task-driven.
    8.You often feel helpless, hopeless, or pessimistic.
    9.You protect your heart with steel walls.
    10.You often feel you don’t really matter and your love doesn’t make a difference.

11.You’re always trying to fit in and belong, but rarely feel like you do.
    12.You feel beaten down by the challenges you face in your life.
    13.You suffer from a variety of vague, hard to treat physical symptoms, such as fatigue, chronic pain, weight gain or loss, insomnia, skin disorders, or gastrointestinal symptoms.
    14.You struggle with being able to accept love and nurturing.
    15.You feel depressed, anxious, or chronically worried.

16.You feel like you’re not appreciated enough.
    17.You find yourself judging others.
    18.You frequently numb yourself with alcohol, drugs, sex, television, or excessive busyness.
    19.You feel disappointed with life.
    20.You’ve forgotten how to dream.

How soul loss shows up at the doctor’s office: As a physician, I’ve had years of experience diagnosing soul loss in my patients, but Western medicine has no framework for this kind of diagnosis, and as doctors, we’re not taught to treat this kind of suffering, so we wind up mistreating it. What people suffering from soul loss need is the deep medicine of reconnection with the soul, but in our culture, we tend to treat soul loss too superficially. We treat the chronic pain with pain medication. We treat the insomnia with sleeping pills. We treat the weight issues with diet and exercise. And most damagingly, we may label soul loss as mental illness, such as depression, and cover up the symptoms with psychiatric medications that may make things worse by slapping a Band-aid on a wound that’s not healing underneath the bandage.

The treatment you really need: Sometimes the soul needs space in order to heal, and this may require the courage to make some external changes in your life. Perhaps you need to switch careers in order to give the soul more room to breathe. Perhaps an unhealthy relationship is constricting the soul, and it’s time to get into therapy, set boundaries, or even end things. Perhaps you need to find more people to love or relocate to a place that helps your soul come alive.

Perhaps you need to give your soul permission to engage in more creative activities. Such external changes may be part of the prescription the inner doctor of your soul writes. But very often, those kinds of major life overhauls are Not Necessary! Reconnecting to the soul allows you to find peace and happiness right where you are in ways that are much simpler and more profound than you might think. It can be astounding to discover that you’ve had what you needed all along and have been looking in all the wrong places. Perhaps all that is needed is to see the life you’re already living in a different way."

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-12383/20-signs-youre-unhappy-but-dont-even-realize-it.html

To paraphrase Dr. Rankin, 'perhaps what's needed is to see the life you’re already living with the perspective of eternity; specifically, finding the courage and objectivity to reconsider the claims of Christ and an internal change in your volition'.
    Does this doctor's "soul loss" assessment profile apply to anyone within your periphery? Rhetorical: does it apply to you?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 May '14 01:501 edit
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Sounds fair enough to me, though I was not aware of the distinction.

However, given that, in what way does the phrase "vibrating emotionally" help to explain the sentence "Arrogance can be and often is easily wounded"?

Penguin
    Arrogance is characterized by over bearing pride, haughtiness and extreme self importance. Arrogance Skills include: self deception, self justification and self absorption. Arrogance is driven by inordinate competition, unrealistic expectations, unfulfilled [social, intellectual and spiritual] needs and frustrated emotional fulfillment. Arrogance is off balance and depends on compatible circumstances and approval. Virtue is the epitome of desirable character qualities which include integrity, tolerance, patience, compassion, courtesy and generosity. Virtue by definition excludes pettiness, prejudice, hypocrisy, insensitivity and rudeness. In comparison: a composite weakness of character vs. a composite internal strength of character which doesn't depend on external circumstances. Arrogance is weak despite protestations to the contrary; therefore easily threatened and wounded; angry emotional reactions [or vibrations] are common. Virtue is impervious to being wounded.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 06:36
    Arrogance is characterized by over bearing pride, haughtiness and extreme self importance. Arrogance Skills include: self deception, self justification and self absorption. Arrogance is driven by inordinate competition, unrealistic expectations, unfulfilled [social, intellectual and spiritual] needs and frustrated emotional fulfillment. Arrogance is off balance and depends on compatible circumstances and approval. Virtue is the epitome of desirable character qualities which include integrity, tolerance, patience, compassion, courtesy and generosity. Virtue by definition excludes pettiness, prejudice, hypocrisy, insensitivity and rudeness. In comparison: a composite weakness of character vs. a composite internal strength of character which doesn't depend on external circumstances. Arrogance is weak despite protestations to the contrary; therefore easily threatened and wounded; angry emotional reactions [or vibrations] are common. Virtue is impervious to being wounded.

As questionable as some of the assertions here are, all this could be seen as applying to you ~ down to a tee, in fact ~ on the basis of your demeanour and behaviour on this forum.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 06:441 edit
    Arrogance is weak despite protestations to the contrary; therefore easily threatened and wounded; angry emotional reactions [or vibrations] are common.
    I've met plenty of arrogant people ~ in leadership and executive positions ~ for whom this little dollop of assertions is not true. There are loads of arrogant people who are strong ~ not weak ~ impervious and thick-skinned ~ not easily threatened and wounded ~ calm and collected and methodical ~ not "angry" or "emotional". Indeed, what you have given here is a pretty poor definition of "arrogance". It just sounds like you're trying lash out at someone or some people here and have made a mess of it by trying to crow bar your own self-pitying grievances into a ham-fisted definition of the wrong word.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 06:50
    Arrogance Skills include: self deception, self justification and self absorption.
    You may have met "arrogant" people who have these traits. I have. But you will also have met "arrogant" people ~ like I have ~ who are self-assured, always prepared, on top of their subject, totally absorbed in their leadership responsibilities, their subordinates, their objectives. It's as if you are not attempting to define "arrogance" at all.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 May '14 06:57
    Arrogance is off balance and depends on compatible circumstances and approval. Virtue is the epitome of desirable character qualities which include integrity, tolerance, patience, compassion, courtesy and generosity.
    What a strange attempt at defining "arrogance" this is! Arrogant people often flourish in "incompatible" circumstances and also often do not need or seek "approval". You must have met "arrogant" people like this. Have you? I have. Furthermore, "arrogant" people can exhibit "integrity, tolerance, patience, compassion, courtesy and generosity" just as easily as they might not exhibit them. You are so intent on loading your own emotional material into your purported definition of "arrogance", you have failed.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 May '14 15:131 edit
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 May '14 03:38
    Personal Attack noted but not yet Alerted. FMF, please stay on topic. Thank you.
    Originally posted by Penguin to Grampy Bobby
    However, given that, in what way does the phrase "vibrating emotionally" help to explain the sentence "Arrogance can be and often is easily wounded"?

Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby uses verbosity [and other gimmicks] to try to disguise his inability to engage genuinely and he repeatedly tries to depict disagreement with him as "emotional".

Have you alerted the moderators about this post of mine yet?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 00:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    Originally posted by Penguin to Grampy Bobby
    [b]However, given that, in what way does the phrase "vibrating emotionally" help to explain the sentence "Arrogance can be and often is easily wounded"?

Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby uses verbosity [and other gimmicks] to try to disguise his inability to engage genuinely and he repe ...[text shortened]... ent with him as "emotional".

Have you alerted the moderators about this post of mine yet?[/b]
    No initiative needed; your number appeared on the site forum radar since the cameos of Nick Bourbaki and Duchess64.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 00:31
    No initiative needed; your number appeared on the site forum radar since the cameos of Nick Bourbaki and Duchess64.
    I am not Duchess64. He currently posts on the Debate Forum. I was "Nick Bourbaki" however for a few weeks and I thank you for the support you offered in private messages for that jolly jape, even if your fibs about it in public have been a bit puzzling. The screen name/account "Nick Bourbaki" has been adopted by my son. 🙂
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 00:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am not Duchess64. He currently posts on the Debate Forum. I was "Nick Bourbaki" however for a few weeks and I thank you for the support you offered in private messages for that jolly jape, even if your fibs about it in public have been a bit puzzling. The screen name/account "Nick Bourbaki" has been adopted by my son. 🙂
    Calculated duplicity even with gratuitous explanations remains residually murky in cyber cement.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 00:57
    Calculated duplicity even with gratuitous explanations remains residually murky in cyber cement.
    And yet you sent me personal messages egging me on and promising to keep the joke secret. Was your support "calculated duplicity" as well? Or just the stance you are taking now? 🙂
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 01:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet you sent me personal messages egging me on and promising to keep the joke secret. Was your support "calculated duplicity" as well? Or just the stance you are taking now? 🙂
    Messaged three site members in the interest of determining the source of the harassment. Glad you came clean.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '14 01:22
    Messaged three site members in the interest of determining the source of the harassment. Glad you came clean.
    Ha ha. Oh yes? But I messaged you, unprompted, and told you I was using the name "Nick Bourbaki" and why ~ as I did with about a dozen of the regulars here. You're playing a peculiar hand here. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree