1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:14
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Then he should not have mentioned it. Either you shut up about it or you explain the situation and let people decide how they feel about it.

You seriously feel that his only sensible reply to my post could have been that hallelujah bs?

I think the only people who reply in such a ridiculous fashion to such a nasty post of mine are those who don't ...[text shortened]... ttacking my wife". Read googlefudge's post after Hinds' post, maybe that one explains it better.
    I have read it and I find both your judgemental assessments disturbing for the reasons that I have outlined, namely, you have very scant details and partial knowledge and are in no real position to say anything about it other than to express regret and that people change. It seems to me that its best to refrain from judgements like this until you know all the details and you will never really know. For the record I have not said that his reply was sensible nor warranted. I remain capable of rational thought.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [quote]Originally posted by Great King Rat
    How about you, GB. Does it apply to you?

2. and 17. in my early twenties: corporate career good fortunes eliminated 2. and I gradually grew out of 17.

Are you sure you grew out of 17 (You find yourself judging ot ...[text shortened]... hese matters with believers and unbelievers in Christ in God the Father's capable hands. So, no.
    Next time, if possible, could you quote the entire thread, please? Makes it easier to read*.

So, you cannot state that you've never attacked a woman? Is that correct?

* now I do jest, of course.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I remain capable of rational thought.
    Surely you jest!
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I have read it and I find both your judgemental assessments disturbing for the reasons that I have outlined, namely, you have very scant details and partial knowledge and are in no real position to say anything about it other than to express regret and that people change. It seems to me that its best to refrain from judgements like this until you kn ...[text shortened]... have not said that his reply was sensible nor warranted. I remain capable of rational thought.
    The warfare isn't as much between men and women per se; rather the internecine global issues are between Arrogance and Humility. The essence of Humility is seeing yourself and your thoughts, words and deeds objectively for what they are in the Context of God's Righteous Standards. Arrogance Skills: 1) Self Deception; 2) Self Justification; Self Absorption. Bet your life savings on the fact that Arrogance is hypersensitive to itself and insensitive to the needs and feelings of other people.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 21:32
    Next time, if possible, could you quote the entire thread, please? Makes it easier to read*.

* now I [b]do
    jest, of course.[/b]
    GKR, please try to be a nice rat at least for the remaining days of April, 2014. Merci.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 06:22
    The warfare isn't as much between men and women per se; rather the internecine global issues are between Arrogance and Humility. The essence of Humility is seeing yourself and your thoughts, words and deeds objectively for what they are in the Context of God's Righteous Standards. Arrogance Skills: 1) Self Deception; 2) Self Justification; Self Absorpti ...[text shortened]... Arrogance is hypersensitive to itself and insensitive to the needs and feelings of other people.
    Arrogance is thinking you can see yourself, your thoughts, words and deeds objectively.

Honesty is admitting that you have a subjective image of yourself.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 06:23
    GKR, please try to be a nice rat at least for the remaining days of April, 2014. Merci.
    Can you or can you not state that you have never attacked a woman?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 06:51

* now I do jest, of course.

Never. I've have however gone to the mat to protect a few women some boorish male was about to attack.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 06:551 edit
    For anyone keeping score, presently Dr. Lissa Rankin earned [4] while Med Jones lags behind by one with [3] Thumbs Down.
    For anyone keeping score, presently Dr. Lissa Rankin earned [4] while Med Jones lags behind by one with [3] Thumbs Down.

For anyone keeping score, presently Dr. Lissa Rankin earned [5] while Med Jones lags behind by two with [3] Thumbs Down.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 07:231 edit
    "Life Fulfillment & Happiness FAQ (Draft V1.0) Personal & Leadership Development
    By Med Jones International Institute of Management (IIM)

Happiness Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. How can you tell if a person is unhappy with her/his life?

A. One would think the answer is obvious. Some people have lived unhappy lives for so long that t ...[text shortened]... : Med Jones of the (IIM) and Dr. Lissa Rankin assess the same issues with similar findings. (1 of 2)
    "Life Fulfillment & Happiness FAQ (Draft V1.0) Personal & Leadership Development
    By Med Jones International Institute of Management (IIM)

Happiness Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. What are the common thinking and behavioral characteristics of happy people?
    A. Here is a short checklist:

• Happy people are not concerned whether life is fair or not, they want to make the best of it.

• They view life as an adventure rather than a test, a fun journey rather than an ego trip, a game rather than a competition.

• These individuals are less attached to false notions of perfect image or lifestyle. They just want to live life, learn, develop and enjoy.

Secure and comfortable in their own skin, events and other people's opinions are less important to them. Although they enjoy compliments, they do not need external validation and they never compare themselves with others to determine their own self-worth.

• Happy individuals tend to be more open and accepting (tolerant of other’s mistakes) and have less need to judge others. They are not easily offended and they are less critical of themselves and others.

They have less of a need to control events and others. When they do exercise control, it is usually a conscious and planned effort rather than an emotional or obsessive reaction. In other words, their need to control is not "out of control."

• They have more peace, hope, courage and confidence. They feel less fear, worry anxiety, stress and anger.

• Because of their "cool" attitude, people who are happy are more relaxed, more spontaneous, less inhibited and more fun to be around with.

• Because of their open-mindedness and positive disposition, they can easily relate to other people, build strong relations and make friends who become a great source of support.

• Since they are less preoccupied with negative experiences, they have ample mental and emotional energy to spend on achieving their goals, which helps them to become more successful.

• Happy people are attracted to other happy people and situations. For example they are more attracted to comedy, educational and fun programs and less interested in watching bad news, tabloids, tragedies, or crime shows.

• They tend to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, whether it’s a golden sunrise, a tasty meal, a fresh drink, a job well done, a friendly conversation, passionate love making or a simple good night sleep.

• They are much more cheerful and much less depressed

The key questions to ask yourself are: How many of the above symptoms do you exhibit? How can you sustain and improve the quality of such emotions?

Q. Can you explain what you mean by the RW, WR and RR people?
    A. There are three types of people

• People who do the Right things for the Wrong reasons (they can be successful on the outside, yet unhappy on the inside.)

• People who do the Wrong things for the Right reasons (they have good intentions but cause needless suffering for others.)

• People who do the Right things for the Right reasons (they are the happy people, they enjoy life more than most, but unfortunately they are few.)

At what level are you currently operating?" (2 of 2)

http://www.iim-edu.org/happiness/index.htm

Comment: Med Jones appears to have omitted a fourth category: "RW, WR and RR people" and WW people:

• People who do the Wrong things for the Wrong reasons (the most miserable people in the world online and off).
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 07:31
    Arrogance is thinking you can see yourself, your thoughts, words and deeds objectively.

Honesty is admitting that you have a subjective image of yourself.
    Let's simplify further: Arrogance can be and often is easily wounded [vibrating emotionally]; humility based on virtue can't.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 08:34
    Let's simplify further: Arrogance can be and often is easily wounded [vibrating emotionally]; humility based on virtue can't.
    How on earth is this random assortment of words simplifying anything??
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 08:39
    The warfare isn't as much between men and women per se; rather the internecine global issues are between Arrogance and Humility. The essence of Humility is seeing yourself and your thoughts, words and deeds objectively for what they are in the Context of God's Righteous Standards. Arrogance Skills: 1) Self Deception; 2) Self Justification; Self Absorpti ...[text shortened]... Arrogance is hypersensitive to itself and insensitive to the needs and feelings of other people.
    3/10

Check syntax
    Check vocabulary
    Check g rammar
    Then get back to me.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 11:32
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    3/10

Check syntax
    Check vocabulary
    Check g rammar
    Then get back to me.
    3/10

Check syntax
    Check vocabulary
    Check g rammar
    Then get back to me.

Edit to delete expletives.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Apr '14 11:40
    3/10

Check syntax
    Check vocabulary
    Check g rammar
    Then get back to me.

Edit to delete expletives.
    You are now officially downgraded from "pseudo-intellectual" to "spotty adolescent"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree