Soul?

Soul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
What a nonsensical argument. Christ said that body and soul are separate in Matt 10. He gave an illustration in Luke 16 - the Rich man and Lazarus of what happens after death... the soul of the righteous goes one place and the soul of the evil goes elsewhere. Rev mentions souls (see Jaywill's post) waiting, speaking etc.

Christ clearly did not reject the Pharisee's doctrine he actually endorsed it.
You know Raj you see the scriptures so clearly as to the falsness of the Trinity. The few scriptures that trinitarians think supports the trinity as fact they say, but you see the truth in them and know what they really mean.
But I'm supprized that you follow this belief with the couple scriptures that some think support the soul living on after death and ignor all the others that clearly say the soul dies at death.
How can you see one so clear and not the other? Your to smart for that and I mean that as a compliment.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 10
2 edits

Originally posted by galveston75
You know Raj you see the scriptures so clearly as to the falsness of the Trinity. The few scriptures that trinitarians think supports the trinity as fact they say, but you see the truth in them and know what they really mean.
But I'm supprized that you follow this belief with the couple scriptures that some think support the soul living on after death ...[text shortened]... you see one so clear and not the other? Your to smart for that and I mean that as a compliment.
Thanks for the compliment.

The simple answer to your question is that the words of Christ contain the primary recipe for salvation. Focus on those words and you cant go wrong. Your problem is that you are a mouthpiece for the JW organisation, which teaches doctrines not taught by Christ. I have shed all teachings by religious organisations and I simply focus on what Christ taught.

Neither Christ nor Paul taught that Christ and God are one and the same .. in fact God is the head of Christ. Similarly Christ said the body and soul are not the same, and gave a story which demonstrated that fact. So I believe in the words of Christ.

Your mistake is placing Old Testament writings on equal footing with what Christ taught. Hence your dilema, which puts you in direct opposition to the doctrines Christ preached.

j

Moves
13 Jan 10

How do you explain this scripture then? Gen 4:10. Is this saying that the blood is alive and literally crying out? I would think since the bible in many verses says the soul dies at death and does not think or have a conscienceness, then the scrptures you are quoting are not to be taking literally as this scriptures states that ones blood is crying out. ...[text shortened]... ere and is alive. He uses many paribles and wisdom should help you see those as what they are..
================================
How do you explain this scripture then? Gen 4:10. Is this saying that the blood is alive and literally crying out? I would think since the bible in many verses says the soul dies at death and does not think or have a conscienceness, then the scrptures you are quoting are not to be taking literally as this scriptures states that ones blood is crying out. It can't do that.
Never in any quote by Jesus does he say that the soul lives on anywhere and is alive. He uses many paribles and wisdom should help you see those as what they are..
===================================

I asked you five questions. You respond by asking me to explain something.

I think you have done this before galveston75.

You don't want to address my questions specifically. But you want me to address yours very specifically on Genesis 4:10.

Never mind then. Now I ask you please then, DON'T address my five questions. I'll save them for another Jehovah's Witness latter.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10

Originally posted by jaywill
[b]================================
How do you explain this scripture then? Gen 4:10. Is this saying that the blood is alive and literally crying out? I would think since the bible in many verses says the soul dies at death and does not think or have a conscienceness, then the scrptures you are quoting are not to be taking literally as this scriptures s ...[text shortened]... then, DON'T address my five questions. I'll save them for another Jehovah's Witness latter.
I did answer all five of your questions with my one. But yet you are not able to answer my one.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10

Thanks for the compliment.

The simple answer to your question is that the words of Christ contain the primary recipe for salvation. Focus on those words and you cant go wrong. Your problem is that you are a mouthpiece for the JW organisation, which teaches doctrines not taught by Christ. I have shed all teachings by religious organisations and I simply fo ...[text shortened]... taught. Hence your dilema, which puts you in direct opposition to the doctrines Christ preached.
Just asking but is there anywhere that Jesus's teachings contradict the Old Testement as in the case of the soul going on to live after death? Other then these parables is there any concrete scripture that he says the soul lives after death?

j

Moves
13 Jan 10

I did answer all five of your questions with my one. But yet you are not able to answer my one.
Generally you did say something. But you did not commit to more than a general blanket argument.

Its OK.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 10

Just asking but is there anywhere that Jesus's teachings contradict the Old Testement as in the case of the soul going on to live after death? Other then these parables is there any concrete scripture that he says the soul lives after death?
So why is a parable not concrete scripture? I thought we been through that before.

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Christ says that if a man's body dies, the soul lives on and only God can kill the soul.

Plus Christ gives a story which illustrates the doctrine very clearly. The story of the rich man and Lazarus is not a parable. A parable is a story which has both a literal and a figurative or spiritual meaning.

DO you see why people get annoyed with you Galveston? You make silly statements. You ignore plain explanations. Ignore important questions. Pretend you dont understand the opposing argument. In short you are not a fairminded person.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10

So why is a parable not concrete scripture? I thought we been through that before.

Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Christ says that if a man's body dies, the soul lives on and only God can kill the soul.

Plus ...[text shortened]... s. Pretend you dont understand the opposing argument. In short you are not a fairminded person.
Well I can see where this is going and I'm not going to get into personal tifts with anyone. No need to get personal with attacks as I think I'm very fair with my comments and not fair to go there just because you disagree.
Anyway all in question here should do research in the Journal of Biblical Literature, The Jewish Publication Society of America, The New Catholic Encyclopedia, The Liddell & Scotts Greek- English Lexicon on the meaning of Soul and how it has been misunderstood by many.... Good luck.

j

Moves
13 Jan 10
1 edit

Plus ...[text shortened]... s. Pretend you dont understand the opposing argument. In short you are not a fairminded person.
====================================
DO you see why people get annoyed with you Galveston? You make silly statements. You ignore plain explanations. Ignore important questions. Pretend you dont understand the opposing argument. In short you are not a fairminded person.
===========================================

Rajk999,

I want you to remember this paragraph. I want you to recall this when I come to you to explain how Christ is God in both the teahing of Jesus and of the Apostle Paul's.

Promise me that you will apply this little test to yourself. Okay ?

For above you wrote this:

==================================
Neither Christ nor Paul taught that Christ and God are one and the same .. in fact God is the head of Christ.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by jaywill
.. I want you to recall this when I come to [b]you to explain how Christ is God ..[/b]
Explain? You want to EXPLAIN to me that Christ is God? LOL .. you are funny Jaywill. I dont think you even know why thats funny. I will tell you.

The words of Christ (and Paul for that matter) are simple and plain and FINAL. Their basic doctrine require no explanation. The only time that EXPLANATIONS are required is when you depart from the TRUTH... when you twist and modify what the Bible says. You do it and the JWs do it.

eg .. You have to go through voluminous passages to try to 'explain' that Christ is God when this one passage :

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

destroys all your crazy ramblings that CHrist is God. Christ is the Son of God and God is the Father. To this day you cannot reconcile your theory that Christ is God to that verse which says that God is the head of Christ.

Similarly Galveston is trying to EXPLAIN via several verses all over the bible, that the soul and the body are the same and that the soul dies with the body. But he is doomed to fail becuase Christ said very clearly that the body and soul are separate components of a person. Plus Christ gave a detailed story as an illustration.

I suggest you (and galveston) stop explaining and instead listen to the words of Christ and Paul. Notice that I dont explain anything. I simply quote the relevant verses and they speak for themselves. Try doing that sometimes.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 10

Well I can see where this is going and I'm not going to get into personal tifts with anyone. No need to get personal with attacks as I think I'm very fair with my comments and not fair to go there just because you disagree.
Anyway all in question here should do research in the Journal of Biblical Literature, The Jewish Publication Society of America, T ...[text shortened]... nglish Lexicon on the meaning of Soul and how it has been misunderstood by many.... Good luck.
Read what ? Research what? Christ is saying very clearly what the soul is and gave an illustration in the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus and you want me to consult a bunch other people?

The teachings of Christ are fine for me ... thank you. Obviously the doctrine of Christ is not to your liking... so ... Good Luck to you too.... 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10
1 edit

Read what ? Research what? Christ is saying very clearly what the soul is and gave an illustration in the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus and you want me to consult a bunch other people?

The teachings of Christ are fine for me ... thank you. Obviously the doctrine of Christ is not to your liking... so ... Good Luck to you too.... 🙂
OK Raj..just for you my friend. No explinations on the fact that the soul is the body and is mortal. Nothing but scriptures here for you. Read and reason on these for awhile.
Gen 9:19,20 & 17:14.
Ex 12:15.
Lev 7:20, 23:29.
Num 23:10.
Jos 2:13,14 & 10:28-39.
Judg 5:18, 16:16.
1Kings 20:31, 32.
Ps 22:29 & 78:50 & 89:48.
Job 7:15.
Eze 13:19, 22:27 & 18:4,20.
Matt 2:20 & 26:28.
Mr 3:4.
Acts 2:23.
Heb 10:39.
James 5:20.
Rev 8:9 & 16:3.

By the way you haven't answered my questions about why did Jesus resurrect Lazuras if his soul had already gone to heaven or somekind of afterlife and why didn't Lazuras tell anyone what that was like to go there? I would think that he would have been really upset at Jesus to have that happen to him because now he has to live on earth again and struggle with old age and all the complications with that and then experiance death again.
If Lazuras did live on and go to heaven since he seemed to be a good man, then Jesus should have left him there knowing that he would no doubt see him in heaven soon as Jesus knew he would be raised there himself in the near future.
Or if Lazuras didn't go to heaven while he was dead, where was he in this conscience state while dead? Did he go to a burning hell? If he had been there why didn't he tell anyone about that and say Whew!!! That was close one!!!
Could it be because he was Dead and his Soul was decaying in the grave?
What about the other resurrections that has happened? Why no comments from them about being somewhere else while they were dead?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jan 10

OK Raj..just for you my friend. No explinations on the fact that the soul is the body and is mortal. Nothing but scriptures here for you. Read and reason on these for awhile.
Gen 9:19,20 & 17:14.
Ex 12:15.
Lev 7:20, 23:29.
Num 23:10.
Jos 2:13,14 & 10:28-39.
Judg 5:18, 16:16.
1Kings 20:31, 32.
Ps 22:29 & 78:50 & 89:48.
Job 7:15.
Eze 13:19, 22:27 ...[text shortened]... hat has happened? Why no comments from them about being somewhere else while they were dead?
What does Christ resurrecting Lazarus or not, have to do with what He said in Matt 10?. Its as irrelevant as asking me why did Christ ride on a donkey. Why not a horse? Why not a goat. Whats your point of asking all those irrelevant questions? Thats classic brainwashing tactics. Is that how you were brainwashed by the JWs?

If a man shoots you Galveston, your body dies. The man cannot kill your soul.
Only God can kill your soul. Do you get it? Your body dies and God only can kill your soul if and when he pleases.

Thats abundantly clear, and none of your verses can nullify what Christ says here.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Jan 10

What does Christ resurrecting Lazarus or not, have to do with what He said in Matt 10?. Its as irrelevant as asking me why did Christ ride on a donkey. Why not a horse? Why not a goat. Whats your point of asking all those irrelevant questions? Thats classic brainwashing tactics. Is that how you were brainwashed by the JWs?

[quote]Matt 10:28 And fear not t ...[text shortened]... e pleases.

Thats abundantly clear, and none of your verses can nullify what Christ says here.
I know there is no way you've read all those scriptures Raj. Why not? And why are you ignoring the questions on Lazuras?

j

Moves
13 Jan 10
3 edits

Explain? You want to EXPLAIN to me that Christ is God? LOL .. you are funny Jaywill. I dont think you even know why thats funny. I will tell you.

The words of Christ (and Paul for that matter) are simple and plain and FINAL. Their basic doctrine require no explanation. The only time that EXPLANATIONS are required is when you depart from the TRUTH... when g. I simply quote the relevant verses and they speak for themselves. Try doing that sometimes.
Christ is the Son of God and God is the Father.
=================================

Not much rambling is needed. Only a little quotation:

"But of the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the sceper of uprighteness is the scepter of You kingdom." "(Hebrews 1:8)

I expect that the stammerings and ramblings will now be from your side.