Spiritual Quotes

Spiritual Quotes

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
16 Apr 08

No human thing is of serious importance.--Plato

He's not the kind you have to wind up on Sunday.--Jethro Tull

God said it. I believe it. That settles it.--bumper sticker

Hmmm . . .

Moves
02 Sep 08

Like a path in autumn: no sooner is it cleared than it is once again littered with fallen leaves.

—Franz Kafka, from The Zürau Aphorisms

P

weedhopper

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

"You'd pay to know what you really think! -- J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, prophet, church of the Sub-Genius

Z

Moves
03 Sep 08
1 edit

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Douglas Adams

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
Douglas Adams

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
03 Sep 08

Caliph Ar-Radi was walking in the country, and stopped in a lovely garden, replete with lawns and flowers. His courtiers immediately began to dilate on the wonders of the garden, to extol its beuty, and to place it above all the wonders of the world.
"Stop", cried the Caliph. "As-Suli's skill at chess charms me more".

Al-Masudi, 10th century

Z

Moves
04 Sep 08

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."
Emo Philips

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Sep 08

"Delaying one's own development in order to disrupt the opponent's position is a very risky and commital strategy."

Graham Burgess

j

Moves
04 Sep 08

Confucius says "Life begins at 40."

Confucius is 39.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
04 Sep 08

A senior monk Jo asked Rinzai, “What is the essence of Buddhism?”
Rinzai came down from his seat, grabbed him by the lapels, slapped him and thrust him away. Jo stood there as if rooted to the spot.
A monk standing nearby said, “Senior monk Jo! Why don’t you make a deep bow?”
As he made a deep bow, Jo suddenly attained a great enlightenment.

Jo and the “Essence of Buddhism”

Hmmm . . .

Moves
04 Sep 08

They were offered the choice of being kings and being royal envoys. Like children, they all wanted to be envoys. This is why there are so many envoys chasing through the world, shouting—for the want of kings—the most idiotic messages to one another...

—Franz Kafka, from The Zürnau Aphorisms

j

Moves
05 Sep 08

Originally posted by vistesd
They were offered the choice of being kings and being royal envoys. Like children, they all wanted to be envoys. This is why there are so many envoys chasing through the world, shouting—for the want of kings—the most idiotic messages to one another...

—Franz Kafka, from The Zürnau Aphorisms
"Only God can create. I make music from music."

Igor Stravinsky

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
05 Sep 08

The Queen and the Bishops are a lethal attacking force, especially in a wide open position.

John Emms

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
01 Oct 08

He that seeks here any other thing than purely God and the salvation of his soul, will find nothing but trouble and sorrow.

St. Therese, the Little Flower

j

Moves
01 Oct 08
1 edit

"The problem is not that we do not have enough Christ. It is that we have too many things other than Christ."

Watchman Nee - "Christ the Sum of All Spiritual Things"

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
01 Oct 08

"If we cannot prove the consistency of arithmetic it seems a bit much to hope that God's existence is easier to deal with."

John Polkinghorne