Spiritual Quotes

Spiritual Quotes

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
19 May 05

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is."

Albert Einstein

E

Moves
21 May 05

You need to spend time alone so that you can find the balance. The middle ground. That's what I always do, because I'm a Buddhist.
- God, giving relationship advice to Satan, in the South Park episode 'Probably' (the sequel to 'Do the Handicapped Go To Hell?'😉

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
21 May 05

"The reality of life is that your perceptions -- right or wrong -- influence everything else you do. When you get a proper perspective of your perceptions, you may be surprised how many other things fall into place."

Roger Birkman

l

London

Moves
24 May 05

"But the quarrel is far greater between Christianity and the present-day heathen, post Christian, morality that has sprung up as a result of contraception. In one word: Christianity taught that men ought to be as chaste as pagans thought honest women ought to be; the contraceptive morality teaches that women need to be as little chaste as pagans thought men need be."

- Elizabeth Anscombe, Contraception and Chastity, 1977.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
26 May 05

"A man nearly always loves for other reasons than he thinks. A lover is apt to be as full of secrets from himself as is the object of his love from him."

Ben Hecht

b

Moves
27 May 05

He [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying "Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!" When he turned around and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. From there, he went on to Mount Carmel and then returned to Samaria.

c

Moves
28 May 05

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

4) Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

Proverbs 3:3,4

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
29 May 05

"Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life."

Joan Lunden

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
29 May 05

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.
Saint Francis of Assisi

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
29 May 05

A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
Carl Sagan

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
29 May 05

Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do.
Saint Thomas Aquinas

c

Moves
30 May 05

We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent being toward God. We see a universe marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand those laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations. Albert Einstein 1929

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
31 May 05

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Thomas Paine ,,,,Age of Reason.

l

London

Moves
31 May 05

Originally posted by frogstomp
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

Thomas Paine ,,,,Age of Reason.

So?

Hmmm . . .

Moves
31 May 05

The wind where it wishes blows,
and the sound of it you hear, but do not know
from where it comes and to where it goes—
like this is everyone
who is born of the spirit.

The Gospel According to John 3:8