1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 02:55
    I believe there is a common thread running through all religions, in fact the spirit of universal wisdom can be found in everything. It's only our fear of the unknown that makes us put classify things as good or bad.
    But good Is everywhere . Being good and right thinking are the basis to developping a sound conviction in spiritual thought. Good breeds good and certainty in one's life.
    1. Don't assume to know others, only reply to the content of their posts.
    2. Understand that bible and other religious texts are there to connect with the Spiritual within one.All is inter-connected.
    3. You Create your life according to your beliefs. Either conciously or unwittingly . You have the power to create an awesome life if you take control.
    4. Understanding your true identity is the goal of Spirituality .
    5. Don't be decieved by the ways of the world. What many here on Earth think is acceptable is anything but.
    6. Only you can change your life.
    7. Becoming a man or woman has nothing to do with age, material possesions, family . etc. It has everything to do with your actions and your general attitude.
    8. Those who are genuine seekers of truth and meaning in their life shall find it.
    9. One size doesn't fit all. Differnt people play different roles in life however they should all reflect the One Spirit .
    10. Spirituality can't be understood as other subjects are understood . It is not understood as a weekend retreat or a book you need to read. It IS your whole life and how you live it.

Remember no one controls you unless you let them.

Questions ? Additions?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:411 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I believe there is a common thread running through all religions, in fact the spirit of universal wisdom can be found in everything. It's only our fear of the unknown that makes us put classify things as good or bad.
    But good Is everywhere . Being good and right thinking are the basis to developping a sound conviction in spiritual thought. Good breeds ...[text shortened]... how you live it.

Questions ? Additions?
    Three questions immediately jump out at me:

1) What specifically is this common thread that you believe is running through all religions?

2) You say that it is our fear that makes us classify things as good and evil, and them go on to classify good as being everywhere, surely evil must also be everywhere is we have the courage to not classify it as such?

3) Isn't your collection of 10 idioms just a sort of late-night bleary-eyed list of thin new-agey meaningless empty waffle that one might find on tacky imported items in a Glastonbury “spirituality” shop?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Three questions immediately jump out at me:

1) What specifically is this common thread that you believe is running through all religions?

2) You say that it is our fear that makes us classify things as good and evil, and them go on to classify good as being everywhere, surely evil must also be everywhere is we have the courage to not classify it a ...[text shortened]... s empty waffle that one might find on tacky imported items in a Glastonbury “spirituality” shop?
    1. The common thread of spirituality runs through the base of all religions . Ideally they should compliment each other , not argue over who is right.

2. Evil is an illusion. Illusion derived from our dualistic nature. Our dualistic nature comes from our false understanding of our true identity. Our true identity is cloaked by our ego/temporal self.
    Good is everywhere. It comes down to one's perception . Every cloud has a silver lining if we look for it.
    3. No. It's not waffle, It's me trying to simplify my message .
    If you see this op as something to discredit or discard then you are free to do so.
    No one ever forced true spirituality on anyone, thats not how it works
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 06:46
    Mmm, waffle.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 07:54
    ... Every cloud has a silver lining if we look for it. ...
    What do silver linings have? If we look for it.

You're right that there is a common thread with religions.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:001 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    3) Isn't your collection of 10 idioms just a sort of late-night bleary-eyed list of thin new-agey meaningless empty waffle that one might find on tacky imported items in a Glastonbury “spirituality” shop?

It takes one to know one, master projector.

Its time for you to define "waffle".
    What is that? Anything you're too lazy to read ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:051 edit
    But good Is everywhere . Being good and right thinking are the basis to developping a sound conviction in spiritual thought. Good breeds ...[text shortened]... how you live it.

Questions ? Additions?
    Sorry, karoly for DIvegeester's embarressing snipe at an attempt to contribute something serious to the Spirituality forum - even from an atheist.

Sorry you had to read his belittlement of your effort to seek for some truth.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:13
    Originally posted by @apathist
    What do silver linings have? If we look for it.

You're right that there is a common thread with religions.
    Silver linings are made of nothing that can be measured , they show something to the observer. Silver linings are in every event or situation .
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:16
    Originally posted by @sonship

It takes one to know one, master projector.

Its time for you to define "waffle".
    What is that? Anything you're too lazy to read ?
    Please kindly leave petty personal crap out of this thread. Any criticism should be critical if at all.
    Keeping with the spirit of the thread title
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:19
    Sorry, karoly for DIvegeester's embarressing snipe at an attempt to contribute something serious to the [b]Spirituality forum - even from an atheist.

Sorry you had to read his belittlement of your effort to seek for some truth.[/b]
    Do you accept other religions as being equal to Christianity ?
    Do you believe a person who follows a different religion can be as fulfilled as a Christian?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:21
    Sorry, karoly for DIvegeester's embarressing snipe at an attempt to contribute something serious to the [b]Spirituality forum - even from an atheist.

Sorry you had to read his belittlement of your effort to seek for some truth.[/b]
    Don't be sorry for that. Live a little.
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 09:58
    Do you accept other religions as being equal to Christianity ?
    Do you believe a person who follows a different religion can be as fulfilled as a Christian?
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:00
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Mmm, waffle.
    Always preferred pancakes, myself.
  14. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:06
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Always preferred pancakes, myself.
    😠

I am furious to hear that.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:12
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

John 14:6
    Yes and?

No one comes to the Father except by following Jesus ' example? That'd be a good message for the people of the past who had virtually no knowledge of other major world religions.
    I dont see this as conflicting

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree