1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:17
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yes and?

No one comes to the Father except by following Jesus ' example? That'd be a good message for the people of the past who had virtually no knowledge of other major world religions.
    I dont see this as conflicting
    Jesus is presenting himself as the 'only door' to salvation. (Not merely an example to follow).

Good luck trying to scramble there through a Zoroastrian window.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Jesus is presenting himself as the 'only door' to salvation. (Not merely an example to follow).

Good luck trying to scramble there through a Zoroastrian window.
    Not true. Jesus is the example we should learn to follow. Following his example engages one in their own mind which leads one to their own dharma .

He is no door. He was a real man with the same problems as others . He overcame these and attained Christ -conciousness which he said was available to those who are poor in spirit.

Coming from an atheist you'll forgive me if I'm a bit weary as to what you are trying to say here
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:40
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Always preferred pancakes, myself.
    Anything to say about the op? Agree ? Disagree? Anything to add or amend?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:44
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It takes one to know one...
    Wow!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:45
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Sorry, karoly for DIvegeester's embarressing snipe at an attempt to contribute something serious to the [b]Spirituality forum - even from an atheist.

Sorry you had to read his belittlement of your effort to seek for some truth.[/b]
    I’m guessing your still angry about the eternal suffering thread.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:46
    Don't be sorry for that. Live a little.
    Thumbs up.

We can disagree, it’s ok to, right?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:50
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Thumbs up.

We can disagree, it’s ok to, right?
    It's our perogative to disagree. I only make assertions which coincide with my assessments.
    As do you.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 11:48
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’m guessing your still angry about the eternal suffering thread.
    I am not angry. I am amused at your fertile imagination.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 12:001 edit
    I believe there is a common thread running through all religions, in fact the spirit of universal wisdom can be found in everything. It's only our fear of the unknown that makes us put classify things as good or bad.
    But good Is everywhere . Being good and right thinking are the basis to developping a sound conviction in spiritual thought. Good breeds ...[text shortened]... how you live it.

Remember no one controls you unless you let them.

Questions ? Additions?
    Some opinions
    1. After some years if you dont have some idea of the personality of a poster then you should take a course in basic psychology. this knowledge helps in a discussion.
    2. I suspect that God and Christ has a part in most religions.
    3. Take control but still let Christ be your guide
    4. Your identity should be to fashion your life as close as you can to Christ. There is no other identity worth anything. If you succeed then all else falls into place very nicely.
    5. Yes ..the world and its vanity is here today and gone tomorrow
    6. Of course.
    7. Definitely
    8. Genuine seekers will find Christ or someone sent by Christ. If their teachings conflict with Christ then ... run.
    9. There are all kinds.
    10. Correct.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 12:37
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Some opinions
    1. After some years if you dont have some idea of the personality of a poster then you should take a course in basic psychology. this knowledge helps in a discussion.
    2. I suspect that God and Christ has a part in most religions.
    3. Take control but still let Christ be your guide
    4. Your identity should be to fashion your life as close a ...[text shortened]... . If their teachings conflict with Christ then ... run.
    9. There are all kinds.
    10. Correct.
    1. Tell you the truth I wasn't sure of some posters , including your esteemed self , until the end of last year. As you can see I readily embrace Christian values now and hence can see the difference .
    2. Agreed. Jesus and other biblical characters are predominant in 3 major religions and reffered to in others. If the bible is true it will complement other histories, which it does.
    3. Yes always stick to the Spirit of Jesus . Keep it simple.
    4. You do realize 'Christ' was not his last name 🙂
    8. Yes there should be no conflict whatsoever . Between Christ and other teachers as well as our will. This is why I arc up when someone disagrees or condecends to me without engaging my points.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 12:54
    1. The common thread of spirituality runs through the base of all religions . Ideally they should compliment each other , not argue over who is right.

2. Evil is an illusion. Illusion derived from our dualistic nature. Our dualistic nature comes from our false understanding of our true identity. Our true identity is cloaked by our ego/temporal sel ...[text shortened]... you are free to do so.
    No one ever forced true spirituality on anyone, thats not how it works
    Evil is an illusion?

Well it might surprise you if I agree somewhat. It's like darkness, it does not really exist either. Darkness is merely a term to denote the absence of light.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 12:57

Coming from an atheist you'll forgive me if I'm a bit weary as to what you are trying to say here.
    'Weary' or 'slow on the uptake?'
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 13:02
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Evil is an illusion?

Well it might surprise you if I agree somewhat. It's like darkness, it does not really exist either. Darkness is merely a term to denote the absence of light.
    Doesn't surprise me at all. After all I'm not advocating chaos and lawlessness .
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    'Weary' or 'slow on the uptake?'
    Oops. I meant 'circumspect' . My mistake
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 13:40
    Oops. I meant 'circumspect' . My mistake
    My point was sir that asking a Christian like sonship 'do you accept other religions as being equal to Christianity?' was ridiculously naive. Of course he wouldn't think that. Jesus made quite clear that the only path to God was through Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree