1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:56
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Cool beans, bud. RB, thanx for finding it too.

It really doesn't change how I feel about the afterlife... If God or Jesus doesn't want good people just cuz they didn't suck up to Him, I'm not sure it is a place I'd want to go anyway. Plus the book was written by men.

What parts were written by Jesus, that would be an interesting read I'd give a shot.

P
    None of the bible was written by Jesus. The majority of what's in the bible was invented many years after Jesus died. He would not even recognize the religion that he is credited with ushering in.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:56
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Here we go again:

You believe that Allah is false. You assert it, but you cannot
    prove it.

Also, where does it say that I cannot find beauty in any other religion?

I am waiting for your answer regarding my post to RBHILL. I want you
    to show me where I was insinuating that RBHILL was a moron and I
    want you to write a post that communicates the same information in
    a 'less insulting' way.

Nemesio
    Why would I have to disprove Allah? Muhammad made claims that my little sister could make and didn't back them up at all. He did no miracles. Allah is as much a false god as a love of money is.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:57
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Do not be yoked with non-believers.
    I think you are talking about Paul discouraging marriage to unbelievers. I'm talking about relating to people like Jesus did.
  4. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:58
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Thank you for responding. I think you need to re-read my post. I said the hallmark of a spiritual person is that they are able to find God's revelation in the most unlikely of places. I never mentioned Jesus' death on the cross in my post.

Do you think it is possible to experience the goodness of God's creation in an orgasm? I did not say tha ...[text shortened]... ly want to know if it is in the realm of possibilities to experience this as a gift from God.
    Experiencing God's goodness and experience God Himself should never be compared.

Let's quit the dancing, do you believe Jesus is your Lord and that He rose from the dead in the literal sense?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 22:59
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Why would I have to disprove Allah? Muhammad made claims that my little sister could make and didn't back them up at all. He did no miracles. Allah is as much a false god as a love of money is.
    Satan can proform miracles, after Moses turned his staff into a snake, so of course Satan copied God, by turning pharohs into snakes to.

There can be false miracles.
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:00
    Originally posted by rwingett
    None of the bible was written by Jesus. The majority of what's in the bible was invented many years after Jesus died. He would not even recognize the religion that he is credited with ushering in.
    What is your definition of many, rwing? Since Revelations was written by 96 AD at the latest. That's a mere 60 years or so after Jesus' death, and written by one of his Apostles.
  7. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Satan can proform miracles, after Moses turned his staff into a snake, so of course Satan copied God, by turning pharohs into snakes to.

There can be false miracles.
    Indeed, and if Muhammad had done miracles, I would have proved using the Koran this his false god is not the one of the Bible. But since he didn't, I can save time.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:011 edit
    It is inspired by God, man is not smart enough to think of making the Bible the way it is.
    And all the books basicaly go together. and are written 100's of years apart.
    Even demons inspired false religion Bibles.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:011 edit
    I've heard this before... is there any way you can expand on this idea? I've heard the Jesus defined the church as a person, not a building of worship.

I've also heard that Jesus never wanted religion to be as organized as it has become. I guess he can't really say much about the Bible, since he never got a chance to read about it on this Earth... but what do you know of Jesus that might contradict what is said in the Bible?

T
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:02
    Experiencing God's goodness and experience God Himself should never be compared.

Let's quit the dancing, do you believe Jesus is your Lord and that He rose from the dead in the literal sense?
    I find your first sentence to be unbiblical. I accept that you separate them, but I do not. But that is OK if that's where you are.]

I will respond more to your second point later as I am being summoned to the table.
  11. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:06
    Is beautiful not ALWAYS used as a word for praise?

No beautiful is not ALWAYS used as a word for praise. If something bad happens, one mights say "Beautiful!" but I don't think they are praising the situation that caused them to say it. One might say something is beautiful as praise, but not as a substitute for praise.
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:07
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    No beautiful is not ALWAYS used as a word for praise. If something bad happens, one mights say "Beautiful!" but I don't think they are praising the situation that caused them to say it. One might say something is beautiful as praise, but not as a substitute for praise.
    I of course meant in cases where the word is used for its definition. Can you answer my question in that context?
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:36
    Is beautiful not ALWAYS used as a word for praise?

If I say a tree is beautiful, am I praising it as I praise
    God's Holy Name?

Thus, I can find Islam beautiful without believing in any
    of its tenets.

You need to go talk to your minister or something. Your
    willingness to let your anger pervert my words is consuming
    you.

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:43
    More anger and more bigotry.

Did you know that Buddha made many of the same
    claims that Jesus did, but centuries earlier? Does that
    invalidate Jesus?

We are back to miracles, I see. Joseph Smith is said
    to have done miracles. Why is he a false prophet?

I know: because you believe he is. Again,
    opinion, not fact.

Nemesio
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    02 Mar '05 23:47
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    More anger and more bigotry.

Did you know that Buddha made many of the same
    claims that Jesus did, but centuries earlier? Does that
    invalidate Jesus?

We are back to miracles, I see. Joseph Smith is said
    to have done miracles. Why is he a false prophet?

I know: because you believe he is. Again,
    opinion, not fact.

Nemesio
    Joseph Smith is a false prophet because he claimed God used to be a man. That makes no sense, Biblically and logically. He also claims we will all become gods when we die.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree