Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
Christians should pray to God the Father through Jesus not to Jesus.
if we do then Jesus will do his Father's will in answering our prayer.
(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
(John 14:13, 14) Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glori ...[text shortened]... (1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,
Personally I dont pray to Jesus, but through Jesus as Jesus requested. However it is a very trivial matter if you look at the teachings of the NT pertaining to who Jesus Christ is in relation to God. People, disciples, followers revered him and followed him as if he were God himself. Would you think that Christ would not bother to hear the prayers of those who pray to him rather than through him? I doubt that. Here is an idea of who God listens to:

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

It is far more important to live righteously before God that to quibble over petty matters.

There are Christian sects that laugh at the Catholics for praying to Mary the mother of Jesus. Christianity in general has demoted Mary to that of an ordinary mother. So while I dont pray to Mary myself I have to wonder what Mary meant when she said that all generations would rise and call her blessed.

r

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Personally I dont pray to Jesus, but through Jesus as Jesus requested. However it is a very trivial matter if you look at the teachings of the NT pertaining to who Jesus Christ is in relation to God. People, disciples, followers revered him and followed him as if he were God himself. Would you think that Christ would not bother to hear the prayers of those ...[text shortened]... ve to wonder what Mary meant when she said that all generations would rise and call her blessed.
I agree about the petty matters but, the Name of the True God is not a petty matter.
(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
(John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
If we know and use the Father's Name we can be sure of God's love. To me that is not a petty matter.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Oct 15

I agree about the petty matters but, the Name of the True God is not a petty matter.
(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
(John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
If we know and use the Father's Name we can be sure of God's love. To me that is not a petty matter.
So what is the name is of the true God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Oct 15

So what is the name is of the true God?
Suddenly got dumb roigam? Probably you smell trouble. Can you go down this road and try to tell me what is Gods name? Because God, the same God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, has been known by dozens of names in hundreds of languages, and ALL ARE CORRECT.

The name chosen by JWs, Jehovah, does not even appear in the NT. 'Jehovah' is a corruption of the Hebrew word 'Yahweh'. So there is nothing superior about the Watchtower's choice for Gods name.

All that your religion does is to try to find petty ways of separating themselves from the rest of Christianity.

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
11 Oct 15

All religions have their God.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15

Suddenly got dumb roigam? Probably you smell trouble. Can you go down this road and try to tell me what is Gods name? Because God, the same God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, has been known by dozens of names in hundreds of languages, and ALL ARE CORRECT.

The name chosen by JWs, Jehovah, does not even appear in the NT. 'Jehovah' is a corruption of the Heb ...[text shortened]... ligion does is to try to find petty ways of separating themselves from the rest of Christianity.
You are entitled to your opinion.
Jehovah is the English form of the Hebrew name Yahweh.
It's like John in Spanish is Juan.
Jehovah's Name is in many languages.
As He created the languages, no doubt He knows when we call on His Name or not.
It's not rocket science.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15

The name chosen by JWs, Jehovah, does not even appear in the NT. 'Jehovah' is a corruption of the Heb ...[text shortened]... ligion does is to try to find petty ways of separating themselves from the rest of Christianity.
So which form of Yahweh do you use?
What do you call the True God?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15

So which form of Yahweh do you use?
What do you call the True God?
Jesus called his father 'God'. That is good enough for Jesus and for me as well.

Thank goodness God is not as petty as you JWs.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15

Jesus called his father 'God'. That is good enough for Jesus and for me as well.

Thank goodness God is not as petty as you JWs.
So you haven't read (John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
Jesus made "God's Name" known to his true followers, not the title God.
(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15

So you haven't read (John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there a ...[text shortened]... we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
As far as being petty, (Luke 16:10) The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15

As far as being petty, (Luke 16:10) The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much.
Be as petty as you like.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there a ...[text shortened]... we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
So Jesus said he made known to the disciples Gods name, and yet He did not mention it. You say the name is Jehovah but it is not stated anywhere in the Bible. And you are cool with that doctrine.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15
1 edit

So Jesus said he made known to the disciples Gods name, and yet He did not mention it. You say the name is Jehovah but it is not stated anywhere in the Bible. And you are cool with that doctrine.
The Name Jehovah is written almost 7000 times in the original manuscripts.
It has been removed by Bible translators through the years.
In our day a number of Bibles have restored the Name Jehovah.
i.e. The Divine Name King James Bible (2012) for one.
The Name is also in the term Hallelujah which means when translated,
"praise Jehovah you people".
Suss it out.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15

The Name Jehovah is written almost 7000 times in the original manuscripts.
It has been removed by Bible translators through the years.
In our day a number of Bibles have restored the Name Jehovah.
i.e. The Divine Name King James Bible (2012) for one.
The Name is also in the term Hallelujah which means when translated,
"praise Jehovah you people".
Suss it out.
So now the KJV is defective.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15
1 edit

Take a close read of John 17:26:

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. (Joh 17:26)

DId you get the point Christ is making? If there was some special name Christ would have said what that name was, if it was a critical matter. But the point is not the name. The point is that Christ taught his disciples about the Father so that the love that the Father had for the Son, that the disciples would love Christ with the same love and Christ would love them with the same love.

Now not everyone that reads the Bible and come to the same conclusion. If all you glean from that passage is that the name is critical [which is not there except for God or Father] then maybe Christ would be understanding to your shortcomings.