Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
19 Sep 15
2 edits

Originally posted by roigam
Thank you. Quotes from the Bible are always superior to man's thoughts. i.e.
(Luke 12:54-56) Then he also said to the crowds: “When you see a cloud rising in the west, at once you say, ‘A storm is coming,’ and it happens. 55 And when you see that a south wind is blowing, you say, ‘There will be a heat wave,’ and it occurs. 56 Hypocrites, you know how to examine the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to examine this particular time?
"Thank you. Quotes from the Bible are always superior to man's thoughts. i.e.
(Luke 12:54-56)"

Yes; in effect Christ's omniscience stated in paraphrase:
Whenever you presume to speak authoritatively about something you don't really understand,
you succeed in betraying your own abject ignorance.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Not off topic.

"Footnotes: a.Matthew 25:15 A talent was worth about fifteen years’ wages of a laborer; b.Matthew 25:18 Or lord’s; c.Matthew 25:21 Or lord; d.Matthew 25:27 Lit to the bankers; e.Matthew 25:44 Or serve." New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Do you support the $15 minimum wage?
I support free enterprise principles unfettered by federal government encroachment which create jobs; compensation and benefits are then defined by an employee's value to the employer. A wise man once said: "Bob, the secret to job security is simply being worth more than you cost".

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Sep 15

. “You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink.” -G. K. Chesterton

r

Moves
23 Sep 15

(1 Thessalonians 5:17) Pray constantly.
(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
(John 17:26) I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”
When we pray, should we not pray to the true God?

I don't know. Maybe you are just looking for worldly quotes.
If so, it would be good to consider
(1 Corinthians 3:19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.”
(James 3:17) But the wisdom from above is first of all pure,

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
24 Sep 15

His Grace/our gratitude. Sans Dieu Rien.

r

Moves
25 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
His Grace/our gratitude. Sans Dieu Rien.
As for a worldly quote, how about, "Come my friends tis' not too late to seek a newer world. Push off and sitting well in order smite the sounding furrows. For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, beyond the baths of all the Western stars...
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
We need a new world as did Ulysses.

r

Moves
25 Sep 15

As for a worldly quote, how about, "Come my friends tis' not too late to seek a newer world. Push off and sitting well in order smite the sounding furrows. For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, beyond the baths of all the Western stars...
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
We need a new world as did Ulysses.
another good quote is, "je pense, donc je suis" or "I think therefore I am"
Rene Descartes

"I think, therefore I think I am" seems to be more accurate.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Sep 15

.. When we pray, should we not pray to the true God?..,
What exactly is this supposed to mean?

r

Moves
29 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
(Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So, we pray to Jehovah God, our Creator, our Father, through His first born Son Jesus Christ.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

another good quote is, "je pense, donc je suis" or "I think therefore I am"
Rene Descartes

"I think, therefore I think I am" seems to be more accurate.
... or I am therefore I think.

r

Moves
07 Oct 15

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
There are many gods that people pray to but there is only one trueGod.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 15

(John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

So, we pray to Jehovah God, our Creator, our Father, through His first born Son Jesus Christ.
Are you saying that Christians do not pray to the 'true God'?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Oct 15

(1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
There are many gods that people pray to but there is only one trueGod.
I wonder if you really understand the point Paul is making.

Paul is saying that an idol is nothing. So while there may be some cultures that worhsip an idol, it is nothing and food offered to it is meaningless. So that eating food offered to idols is nothing.

It is really a petty matter, much the same as what name you call the God that Christians worship.

r

Moves
07 Oct 15

Are you saying that Christians do not pray to the 'true God'?
Christians should pray to God the Father through Jesus not to Jesus.
if we do then Jesus will do his Father's will in answering our prayer.
(John 14:13, 14) Also, whatever you ask in my name, I will do this, so that the Father may be glorified in connection with the Son. 14 If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.
Jesus is our intercessor or mediator,
(1 Timothy 2:5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,