1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:50
    Just an observation. Most here on one level or another grasp some of the bible. But sadly most don't. It seems the less some understand are ones who speak the loudest, are always condemning or boldly challenging others. And when they are shown from the Bible the clear answers, they yell out in protest only to expose their lack of understanding they can't get past. Some of these are actually very intelligent folks with worldly issues. Probably lots of framed diploma's on their walls. I have a couple things framed on my wall but has to to with car racing that I'm proud of. But anyway I also know I probably can't compete with some of the highly schooled folks here on a few subjects.
    But fortunately I have hope and a chance from biblical knowledge.

"Knowledge of Jehovah God and discernment of his will combined with faith and trust therefore form the foundation of all true understanding on the part of his intelligent creatures. “Knowledge of the Most Holy One is what understanding is,” and this includes understanding “righteousness and judgment and uprightness, the entire course of what is good.” (Pr 9:10; 2:6-9; 16:20) No matter of real importance can be fully understood unless all the factors are viewed from Jehovah’s standpoint and seen in relation to his standards, qualities, and eternal purpose." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2

But it's sad but some here are probably in this group: "The person who turns to transgression begins to discount God as a factor to be considered when making decisions and plans. (Job 34:27) Such a person allows his heart to blind him to the wrongness of his ways and he loses insight. (Ps 36:1-4) Even if claiming to worship God, he puts men’s precepts above God’s; he prefers them. (Isa 29:13, 14) He rationalizes and excuses his loose conduct as mere “sport” (Pr 10:23) and becomes perverted, brutish, stupid in his reasoning, to the extreme of assuming that the invisible God does not see or discern his wrongdoing, as though God’s powers of perception had failed. (Ps 94:4-10; Isa 29:15, 16; Jer 10:21) By his course and actions he says, in effect, “There is no Jehovah” (Ps 14:1-3) and leaves him ‘out of the picture.’ Not being guided by divine principles, he cannot judge matters correctly, see the issues clearly, evaluate the factors involved, and arrive at right decisions.​—Pr 28:5."
    Yes sadly it would seem that some here fall into this last category. But... there is always hope.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 11:56
    @galveston75 said
    Just an observation. Most here on one level or another grasp some of the bible. But sadly most don't. It seems the less some understand are ones who speak the loudest, are always condemning or boldly challenging others. And when they are shown from the Bible the clear answers, they yell out in protest only to expose their lack of understanding they can't get past. Some ...[text shortened]...
    Yes sadly it would seem that some here fall into this last category. But... there is always hope.
    You ought to take note of the fact that this is not a Christian Forum. You have chosen to mingle with people with diverse beliefs here. If you can't process dissent and debate it on the level, it's odd that you choose to frequent a place like this.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 12:11
    @galveston75 said
    Just an observation. Most here on one level or another grasp some of the bible. But sadly most don't. It seems the less some understand are ones who speak the loudest, are always condemning or boldly challenging others. And when they are shown from the Bible the clear answers, they yell out in protest only to expose their lack of understanding they can't get past. Some ...[text shortened]...
    That nonsense is from your manmade JW doctrine. This one is from the bible, James

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.(James 1:27 KJV)

This one is from Christ

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.(Matthew 25:34-36 KJV)

When you go door to door do you preach any of these things? Personally I have had discussions with many JWs and never once have they told me what Jesus preached.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 12:251 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Just an observation. Most here on one level or another grasp some of the bible. But sadly most don't.
    I suppose you see yourself as being in the elite group here who have a good grasp of the bible, albeit your own JW RTFOB (revised-to-fit-our-beliefs) version.

My primary issue with you and your religious organisation isn’t you, it isn’t even your basic doctrines… it’s your church’s behaviours based their own interpretation of them.

Child sacrifice through denial of blood
    Bullying through disfellowshiping
    Covering up child sex abuse

Etc.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 12:36
    @galveston75 said
    Just an observation. Most here on one level or another grasp some of the bible. But sadly most don't.
    Would you have a higher estimation of the spiritual understanding of people you'd meet on a JWs-only forum?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 12:53
    @galveston75

Awesome. The three that I knew would be the first to jump on this....did just that! So predictable. Lol.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:00
    @galveston75 said
    @galveston75

Awesome. The three that I knew would be the first to jump on this....did just that! So predictable. Lol.
    Dodge noted.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:10
    @galveston75 said
    Two things you said I wish to address.

"Knowledge of Jehovah God..." and, “Knowledge of the Most Holy One..."

The "Holy one" of Israel and Jehovah are one and the same person.

Search it out. It's scriptural. You might ask yourself if your "knowledge" of the scriptures is accurate and sufficient enough to equip you with true "spiritual understanding".
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:21
    @rajk999 said
    That nonsense is from your manmade JW doctrine. This one is from the bible, James

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.(James 1:27 KJV)

This one is from Christ

[i]Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed o ...[text shortened]... ersonally I have had discussions with many JWs and never once have they told me what Jesus preached.
    You should take to heart the previous verse.

James 1:26
    If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but decieveth his own heart, this man's religion is in vain.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:25
    @divegeester said
    I suppose you see yourself as being in the elite group here who have a good grasp of the bible, albeit your own JW RTFOB (revised-to-fit-our-beliefs) version.

My primary issue with you and your religious organisation isn’t you, it isn’t even your basic doctrines… it’s your church’s behaviours based their own interpretation of them.

Child sacrifice through denial of blood
    Bullying through disfellowshiping
    Covering up child sex abuse

Etc.
    There is a false "Church" after all. Like tares sown amongst the wheat.

It's everywhere.

Beating up on Galveston for the sins of others bears no fruit.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 13:31
    @fmf said
    Dodge noted.
    It's all one big dodge, that is till all are unified under one King.

Know who I'm referring to?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 14:05
    @galveston75 said
    @galveston75

Pretending you knew your post would be “jumped on” and “lolling” about it, is just a dodge.

Perhaps you would prefer it if just other JWs would reply and give some “preach it brother” reassuring strokes like your friend Robbie Carrobie used to?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 14:09
    @josephw said
    There is a false "Church" after all. Like tares sown amongst the wheat.It's everywhere.

Beating up on Galveston for the sins of others bears no fruit.
    The idea of pointing a finger at “false churches” is simply a confirmation projection to the pointer who believes that they are in the “true church”. Everyone believes in “true and false churches” believes that they are in the true church, or they wouldn’t be where they are. It’s all part of cultism imo.

No one is “beating up” on Galveston75 for his sins nor the sins of others. This just a debate forum.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 14:221 edit
    @josephw said
    You should take to heart the previous verse.

James 1:26
    If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but decieveth his own heart, this man's religion is in vain.
    You should take to heart the teachings of Christ instead of promoting mouth worship. Have you ever spoken of the commandments of Christ and how critical they are for eternal life? Let me answer because from your mouth will only come lies and deceit. You tell people to DO NOTHING. You say that NOTHING is required from anyone. Only professing faith is enough. This is dead faith and you are one of the chief proponents of this lie and you are the type to which James is referring. Your tongue preaches lies and dead faith leading the gullible to damnation. Your religion is vain and useless
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jan '22 14:24
    @divegeester said
    The idea of pointing a finger at “false churches” is simply a confirmation projection to the pointer who believes that they are in the “true church”. Everyone believes in “true and false churches” believes that they are in the true church, or they wouldn’t be where they are. It’s all part of cultism imo.

No one is “beating up” on Galveston75 for his sins nor the sins of others. This just a debate forum.
    And also Galveston starts the discussion and insults other Christians instead of sticking to the issues. In the last 24 hrs he has started3 threads designed to insult people

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree