1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 23:25
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Not all the negative numbers, many are obviously from people who do post. But any time the number goes higher than 10 (sometimes for good reason) I suspect there are secret voters weighing in.
    I've seen negative votes go up to as high as 20.
    When? Name one ever in this forum....
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 23:28
    Originally posted by @sonship
    I listened to both videos multiple times and carefully.
    I’ve listened to videos before some multiple times but carelessly and others only once but also carelessly.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 02:361 edit
    Anyway, weren't you talking about textural corruption of the Bible? You're kind of jumping to another argument.
    No, that wasn't me. The bible isn't on my list of things to pay attention to. Understand that I did not dismiss it without study, without giving it every chance any book could ever ask for.

You are wrong about hindu's, btw. The indian rural people will say there are hundreds of gods but their religious scholars say those are just different facets of the one god.

Sonship, have you ever wondered what you would think and believe if you were born some other time or place, raised in a different culture, taught different tenets. Until you have tried to do so, your opinion cannot be trusted.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 02:47
    Who's the narcicist? People are seeing gods all over the planet and from before we could even make runes. But YOU are right.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 02:57
    These gods are so useless. They don't help us protect children, for example. The greatest mass killing of children is celebrated in your favorite book. Here is good advice: keep religion in your head, and spare the rest of us.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 03:09
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 03:25
    Curtain?
    What curtain?
    Hey, limeboy. Did you find any pictures of Amy Barrett in a bathing suit?
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 05:32
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Hey, limeboy. Did you find any pictures of Amy Barrett in a bathing suit?
    Hey, handboy. Are your palms itchy?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 08:188 edits
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Sonship, have you ever wondered what you would think and believe if you were born some other time or place, raised in a different culture, taught different tenets. Until you have tried to do so, your opinion cannot be trusted.

The diversity card on Christians cannot be played ad infinitum.

There are many cities and towns on this earth that if I were lost there I could contact Christians and receive help.

I could make a call in Taiwan.
    I could make a call in Russia.
    I could make a call in Israel.
    I could make a call even in Iran.
    I could make a call in Mexico, Guatemala, Spain, Ethiopia, Greece, even Mainland China, and all regions of the United States, England, Germany, Switzerland, Philippines, South Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Tanzania, Cuba, Santa Domingo, many places.

I could call and say or have my English translated into the local language to say -

" I am a Christian brother by the name of sonship. I love the Lord Jesus and am in your area. I received Jesus Christ many years ago now. Greetings to you in His name. Could I have some fellowship with you? I am from a certain city in the United States."

I have much confidence that across the globe and in many different cultures I could be welcomed by fellow believers in Christ as a brother in the Lord.

Don't attempt to over play the cultural diversity card on Christians. There is hardly a more universal message of brotherhood, love, and spiritual unity and even practical unity. The Gospel of Christ encompasses all tribes, people, tongues, and nations.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 10:321 edit

The diversity card on Christians cannot be played ad infinitum.

There are many cities and towns on this eart ...[text shortened]... even practical unity. The Gospel of Christ encompasses all tribes, people, tongues, and nations.
    If you had been born in the city I live in you'd probably be a self-styled "holy man" and duckspeaking Islamic religionist ~ the character you exhibit here on this forum ~ blaring your regurgitations out over your immediate neighbourhood through a tannoy system 6 times a day.

Your profoundly superstitious nature and your cultural setting here would most likely have drawn you to it.

It's also possible you'd have been a Hindu or a Christian. But if you look at the anthropology of religion, the chances are you'd have been a sanctimonious Islamic preacher with a microphone, perhaps - who knows - drenching the same neighbourhood of this city that I live in with your religious skirl.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 11:482 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you had been born in the city I live in you'd probably be a self-styled "holy man" and duckspeaking Islamic religionist ~ the character you exhibit here on this forum ~ blaring your regurgitations out over your immediate neighbourhood through a tannoy system 6 times a day.

Your profoundly superstitious nature and your cultural setting here would most lik ...[text shortened]... knows - drenching the same neighbourhood of this city that I live in with your religious skirl.
    Indonesia's 24 million Christians constitute 10% of the country's population,

from Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Indonesia

The Teaching of Jesus has gone there too.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 11:54
    Indonesia's 24 million Christians constitute 10% of the country's population

from Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Indonesia

The Teaching of Jesus has gone there too.
    You've missed the point entirely. Yes there are Christians here just as there are Muslims in Israel. You'd still probably have been a Muslim if you had been raised in this culture and geographical location.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '18 17:121 edit
    Hey, handboy. Are your palms itchy?
    Still obsessed with homoeroticism, I see. Is it a right-wing fad?

(Maybe you wanted to see Brett Kavanaugh in a bathing suit.)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree