1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '17 04:02
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If you do, you've hidden it well thus far.

What do you think it is?
    Google it.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 04:04
    Originally posted by FMF
    Google it.
    It'd be funnier if it made sense. You're trying too hard.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '17 04:06
    It'd be funnier if it made sense. You're trying too hard.
    I'm just giving you the brush off ThinkOfOne, not trying to be funny. Don't overthink it. 😉
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 04:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm just giving you the brush off ThinkOfOne, not trying to be funny. Don't overthink it. 😉
    Nice try. It still would have been funnier if it actually made sense.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:38
    There are countless churches that have Christ as their figurehead.

Did you think yours was the only one?
    My what exactly?

What I'm saying is Christ is our only hope.

My church recognizes that as where other religions seem to think their good will hopefully outweigh their bad so as to have some hope in the after life.

They have no comprehension of how sin has stained them and continue to try and earn their salvation.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 May '17 12:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    They have no comprehension of how sin has stained them and continue to try and earn their salvation.
    Aren't these "they", that you are referring to, people with different religions from yours? So it's hardly surprising that they subscribe to a different theology from you.
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 13:152 edits
    My what exactly?

My church recognizes that as where other religions seem to think their good will hopefully outweigh their bad so as to have some hope in the after life.

My what exactly?

Your church. You really couldn't figure that out from the context of my discussion with DG and what I asked you?

I understand that that's how Evangelical Christianity is marketed.

It's not only nonsensical, it flies in the face of what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

From what I can tell, Evangelical Christians are so thrilled about getting a "free gift" that they are blinded to the gospel contained in the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth.

You should really sit down and deeply consider what you've been sold and how it's marketed: "But wait there's more".
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 13:20
    [b]My what exactly?

Your church. You really couldn't figure that out from the context of my discussion with DG and what I asked you?

They ...[text shortened]... e He walked the Earth.

You should really sit down and deeply consider what you've been sold.
    John 3:16 speaks of that "free gift", and there may be other verses in line with that as well.

Does the words of Jesus 'cancel' John 3:16?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    John 3:16 speaks of that "free gift", and there may be other verses in line with that as well.

It is truly an offensive message. Salvation by one man and no other.

No wonder they nailed Christ to a cross.

I can just picture all of the religious leaders getting bent out of shape with the notion that they were farther from God than the typical sinner.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 13:26
    [b]My what exactly?

They ...[text shortened]... t down and deeply consider what you've been sold and how it's marketed: "But wait there's more".
    My church has no bearing on the truth. Christ is either the only road to God or he is not. My church and believe it or they can reject that notion.

It's really just that simple.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 13:40
    It is truly an offensive message. Salvation by one man and no other.

No wonder they nailed Christ to a cross.

I can just picture all of the religious leaders getting bent out of shape with the notion that they were farther from God than the typical sinner.
    ThinkOfOne seems to be implying that 'others' have spoken of grace and the "free gift", but Jesus did not.

Following the commands of Christ is what he is talking about, which is what Rajk999 also talks about.

They are saying that there is NO free gift....no grace.

Said differently, we must earn our way into 'heaven'.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 16:202 edits
    ThinkOfOne seems to be implying that 'others' have spoken of grace and the "free gift", but Jesus did not.

Following the commands of Christ is what he is talking about, which is what Rajk999 also talks about.

They are saying that there is NO free gift....no grace.

Said differently, we must earn our way into 'heaven'.
    Earn my way to heaven?

I can barely handle paying for my mortgage. 🙄
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '17 16:22
    Earn my way to heaven?

I can barely handle paying for my mortgage. 🙄
    You have a mortgage on your wigwam?

(Sorry, Robbie is no longer her to berate).
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 16:463 edits

Perhaps the most prevalent theme of the teachings of Jesus is the importance of HIS word: understanding, believing, following and most importantly keeping His word.

Jesus also warns of false prophets.

So your question should really be: "Should the words of anyone else 'cancel' the words of Jesus?". The answer should be "No".

Actually it doesn't - at least not with the concept of "salvation via atoning sacrifice" that is usually associated with it.

john 3
    16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Note that the verse neither says nor implies anything about "salvation via atoning sacrifice", but that's how many Christians try to sell it.

It can simply be referring to Jesus being sent to speak the word of God and believing the words Jesus spoke.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 16:58
    My church has no bearing on the truth. Christ is either the only road to God or he is not. My church and believe it or they can reject that notion.

It's really just that simple.
    Keeping the will of God is the only road to God. The will of God is contained in the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth.

Keeping the will of God IS "the way, and the truth, and the life" that Jesus was speaking of. It makes perfect sense.

It's elegant in its simplicity. Unlike that convoluted "free gift" nonsense that you've bought into.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree