1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:15
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I apologise, yes you did. The rest of my post I stand by.
    I am asking these questions because of the confusion that exists about WHAT is required for 'heaven'.

Belief in Jesus only?
    Belief in Jesus, along with 'some' good works?
    Belief in Jesus and living sin free.
    Or....
    No belief in Jesus is even required, as long as you keep His commands, and live sin free.

Once again, it would appear that everyone has an 'opinion', but Christianity as a whole cannot agree in unity.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:172 edits
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I am asking these questions because of the confusion that exists about WHAT is required for 'heaven'.

Belief in Jesus only?
    Or....
    No belief in Jesus is even required, as long as you keep His commands, and live sin free.

Once again, it would appear that everyone has an 'opinion', but Christianity as a whole cannot agree in unity.
    I refer you to my post above.

Considering that you are the low-life scummy God-hating, bible-slagging off, nit-wit that you are, I strongly suggest you seek god's grace and stop being trying to be a tough atheist on the internet
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:17
    Ephesians 2: 8-9
    For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.

Read your bible.

Someone once told me: Salvation is free, but discipleship will cost you everything.
    Both Rajk999 and ThinkOfOne have been providing many Bible verses....spoken by Jesus, that contradict that verse.

Jesus wants more!!!!
    His words, not mine.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    If salvation is not given away as a free gift, how can the "poor" afford it?

Is salvation only for the "good" people like yourself?
    If you want to understand what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, try this:
    --Humbly set aside what you've been "sold" in the marketing of Evangelical Christianity.
    --Read the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth looking for underlying concepts and overarching themes
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:19
    Both Rajk999 and ThinkOfOne have been providing many Bible verses....spoken by Jesus, that contradict that verse.

Jesus wants more!!!!
    His words, not mine.
    Well Ephesians 2: 8-9 speaks for itself.

I really, honestly don't give a crap what Rajk999 and especially TOO has to say.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:20
    I refer you to my post above.

Considering that you are the low-life scummy God-hating, bible-slagging off, nit-wit that you are, I strongly suggest you seek god's grace and stop being trying to be a tough atheist on the internet
    I am challenging your VERSION of Christianity.

You don't seem to like it, despite your lectures to anyone who will listen, about how this is a debate and discussion forum.

Grow up Dive!!!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:21
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If you want to understand what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, try this:
    --Humbly set aside what you've been "sold" in the marketing of Evangelical Christianity.
    --Read the words Jesus spoke while He walked the Earth looking for underlying concepts and overarching themes
    If and when I want spiritual guidance I can assure you that you would be in the bottom 5% of people I'd seek it from. I neither respect nor like you so your kind of up against it.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:222 edits

You don't seem to like it, despite your lectures to anyone who will listen, about how this is a debate and discussion forum.

Grow up Dive!!!
    And I refer you to my post above. With the exception that I find you (slightly) more interesting than ToO.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:23

Belief in Jesus only?
    Or....

When you speak of "belief in Jesus", what exactly do you have in mind?

BTW, if you haven't read my responses to you on the bottom of page 3, you really should. I'll answer any questions that you may have about them.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:26

Grow up Dive!!!
    I've been a Christian for nearly 30 years Chaney3, I've been through what for me has been thick and thin with my Lord and while that probably doesn't mean very much to you, that's probably longer than you've been alive and certainly longer than you've been a angry piss-head. So you coming here and "challenging my version of christianity" is about as impactful as a wet fart in a thunderstorm.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    Well Ephesians 2: 8-9 speaks for itself.

I really, honestly don't give a crap what Rajk999 and especially TOO has to say.
    Paul wrote Ephesians.

I was asking you for what Jesus said on the subject.

The words of Jesus?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    If and when I want spiritual guidance I can assure you that you would be in the bottom 5% of people I'd seek it from. I neither respect nor like you so your kind of up against it.
    Exactly how does your response make any sense in light of the fact that you're responding to a post intended for whodey?

"Up against" what exactly?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:281 edit
    Paul wrote Ephesians.

I was asking you for what Jesus said on the subject.

The words of Jesus?
    Why don't you check if it's ok with ToO and rajk999 before you discard the words of Paul. You may find you need them later 😉
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:30
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Exactly how does your response make any sense in light of the fact that you're responding to a post intended for whodey?

"Up against" what exactly?
    Was it. Oh I thought you were talking to me, my mistake. My view of you still stands though.

Up against it, if you are trying to convince me of something you pretend to believe I'm.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '17 20:30
    I've been a Christian for nearly 30 years Chaney3, I've been through what for me has been thick and thin with my Lord and while that probably doesn't mean very much to you, that's probably longer than you've been alive and certainly longer than you've been a angry piss-head. So you coming here and "challenging my version of christianity" is about as impactful as a wet fart in a thunderstorm.
    Are you convinced then, that we get a "free gift" of salvation by believing in what Jesus did on the cross?

Nothing else is required?

Sure, Jesus may desire that we cut down on sinning, but is it required.....in your view?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree