Sunday afternoon lynchings

Sunday afternoon lynchings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
The number of languages the justification for such morally reprehensible actions has been published in is neither here nor there.
The comparison is actually quite ludicrous. Do we invite our family and friends to watch someone die from lack of blood. Do we set fire to them once they are dead? Do we publish it in post card form? do we advertise it from tall buildings? are you now saying that its one and the same thing? You will now explain why we should consider it the same thing.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Whether they condone them i cannot say, they have so far failed to explain them that's for sure. I want to understand why you cabn listen to a sermon Sunday afternoon presumably about Christ and compassion and then go outside and invite your family and friends to watch a man be lynched and mutilated. Thats what I want to know.
How is anyone supposed to answer that question? You have already stated yourself that you would need to be at one of these particular sermons to know what was said. These events occurred long before anyone here was born.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
As someone who allegedly follows the teachings of Jesus wiuldn't 'turn the other cheek' be more apt?
Yes but i make an exception in your case.

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

How is anyone supposed to answer that question? You have already stated yourself that you would need to be at one of these particular sermons to know what was said. These events occurred long before anyone here was born.
they continued right up until the nineteen sixties.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

The comparison is actually quite ludicrous. Do we invite our family and friends to watch someone die from lack of blood. Do we set fire to them once they are dead? Do we publish it in post card form? do we advertise it from tall buildings? are you now saying that its one and the same thing? You will now explain why we should consider it the same thing.
Lynching and JW child sacrifice are indeed different things. However, if the former was caused by religious convictions, then both the former and the latter clearly belong on a thread about mortally reprehensible actions ~ with fatal consequences ~ that are taken as a result of religious convictions.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Whether they condone them i cannot say, they have so far failed to explain them that's for sure. I want to understand why you cabn listen to a sermon Sunday afternoon presumably about Christ and compassion and then go outside and invite your family and friends to watch a man be lynched and mutilated. Thats what I want to know.
* BUMP *

How can you possibly argue that divegeester is "equally as hateful" as people who strung up blacks by their necks to murder them?"

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Lynching and JW child sacrifice are indeed different things. However, if the former was caused by religious convictions, then both the former and the latter clearly belong on a thread about mortally reprehensible actions ~ with fatal consequences ~ that are taken as a result of religious convictions.
Yes how can that be, i find nothing immoral about exercising the right of self determination in matters relating to medical practice and yet i find lynching a man after a church service on Sunday to be almost incredulous. They appear to me to be so far removed as to be almost unrelated, infact the only thing linking them is that they may be religiously motivated, then again so is giving alms to the poor.

Are we to understand that you think that exercising the right of self determination is the same as lynching a man?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
* BUMP *

How can you possibly argue that divegeester is "equally as hateful" as people who strung up blacks by their necks to murder them?"
I have already answered this, i will not do so again.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15

they continued right up until the nineteen sixties.
Again, none of us were there. How is anyone supposed to answer your question?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

Are you now saying that its one and the same thing? You will now explain why we should consider it the same thing.
Don't be so silly. No one is saying two different morally reprehensible actions are "one and the same thing". What they have in common are religious convictions with deadly consequences. Who knows, perhaps the lynch mobs thought they were pleasing their God figure in some way.

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

I have already answered this, i will not do so again.
Could you copy paste your answer ~ if there indeed is one ~ here please?

F

Moves
13 Apr 15

yawn, already explained three times, ignore it if you like.
* BUMP *

How do you claim to be able to link divegeester personally, along with his "family and friends", to the murder of those 4000 people?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Again, none of us were there. How is anyone supposed to answer your question?
you were also not present at the moon landings and yet you could find out stuff about it, could you not?

rc

Moves
13 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
* BUMP *

How do you claim to be able to link divegeester personally, along with his "family and friends", to the murder of those 4000 people?
already answered, he made a comparison. . . . .

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Apr 15

you were also not present at the moon landings and yet you could find out stuff about it, could you not?
What's stopping you from looking for answers to your own question? Do you have some sort of disability?