1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 10:002 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Have you read the court transcripts of the case? I have and I disagree with the courts findings. In fact its unprecedented in my opinion. So I reject your assertion that its a dark epoch in fact it appears to me to be nothing more than an attempt by her step parents to make some money and she was prompted by them to make a case. Her own testimony c ...[text shortened]... inst the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts.
    Well another 4 or 5 pages have passed with you avoiding stating that you would or would not give your child a blood transfusion to save there life.

It's interesting that you won't but predictable of course because as you and everyone reading knows, your position on blood is completely untenable; if you give your child a blood transfusion to save their life, then you have compromised your god figure's demands.

If you don't and you let the child die, well that would be a fine thing for your Jehovah I guess, but not so good for you, your family or your child.

That you refuse to state you case highlights your cowardice and your recognition of the dilemma your cult puts you in.

I rest my case regarding the comments I made on page one and stand by them.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 10:09
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Well another 4 or 5 pages have passed with you avoiding stating that you would or would not give your child a blood transfusion to save there life.

It's interesting that you won't but predictable of course because as you and everyone reading knows, your position on blood is completely untenable; if you give your child a blood transfusion to save thei ...[text shortened]... cult puts you in.

I rest my case regarding the comments I made on page one and stand by them.
    beat it bozo, no one cares about your whinging, Proper knob managed to bring the thread back to where it should be. Take your hatred and bigotry elsewhere, this thread is about lynchings after church services on Sunday afternoons and what elements made it possible for an alleged Christian to sit listening to a sermon and then to invite his family, children and friends to witness a man being killed and mutilated in some kind of macabre festive spirit.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 10:11
    ...this thread is about lynchings after church services on Sunday afternoons and what elements made it possible for an alleged Christian to sit listening to a sermon and then to invite his family, children and friends to witness a man being killed and mutilated in some kind of macabre festive spirit.
    Why did you try to link these lynchings personally and directly to divegeester in the first 7-8 pages of this thread?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 10:283 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'll help you out here, even though you are too far gone to be helped in reality, you might, and I mean MIGHT, just be able to learn something on this topic.

You see Robert, when this debacle of a thread started yesterday I did a Google search and found a plethora of information on the topic of Christianity, particularly Evangelical Christianity, and ...[text shortened]... in the American South 1890-1929'. Enjoy.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3856205/
    Its a great pity that your article does not tell us what theological arguments were used to support the economic and religious hierarchy merely deeming it sufficient to state that they supported a kind of moral community in which racial segregation was deemed to be a moral virtue.

Southern Christianity largely rejected the Social Gospel that swept the north, choosing instead to focus on saving individual souls.

This is also of some interest but again no specific theological basis is provided to illustrate the idea, which is the real point of interest for us. I thankyou PK for the article and for bringing the thread back on track from whence it was derailed by lesser men.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 10:371 edit
    beat it bozo, no one cares about your whinging, Proper knob managed to bring the thread back to where it should be. Take your hatred and bigotry elsewhere, this thread is about lynchings after church services on Sunday afternoons and what elements made it possible for an alleged Christian to sit listening to a sermon and then to invite his family, c ...[text shortened]... and friends to witness a man being killed and mutilated in some kind of macabre festive spirit.
    I made an accusation against you on page 1 and fully stand by it. I will retract it and write a public apology if you will state before your Jehovah that if it was the only solution, you would give your child a blood transfusion to save their life. And you won't do it.

These are YOUR beliefs robbie, not mine.

It was YOU who said that the lynchings in your OP reflected the teachings of
    normal Christianity and subsequently have not be able to explain how this is.

It was YOU who was forced to retract your comments comparing me to those murderers in your OP.

Not me. If after all this you'll cannot tell this forum whether or not you would give your child a life saving blood transfusion, then I'm afraid that is your mess. Not mine.
  6. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 11:182 edits
    Its a great pity that your article does not tell us what theological arguments were used to support the economic and religious hierarchy merely deeming it sufficient to state that they supported a kind of moral community in which racial segregation was deemed to be a moral virtue.

Southern Christianity largely rejected the Social Gospel that swe ...[text shortened]... the article and for bringing the thread back on track from whence it was derailed by lesser men.
    Robert, are you incapable of using a Google search? If you type 'Theological Justification Lynching' you will find countless hits. One of them being a three part essay entitled 'The Southern Rite of Human Sacrifice'. I believe it has everything and more you could ask for.

http://jsr.fsu.edu/mathews.htm

Why you are incapable of doing this for yourself only you will know.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 13:29
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Robert, are you incapable of using a Google search? If you type 'Theological Justification Lynching' you will find countless hits. One of them being a three part essay entitled 'The Southern Rite of Human Sacrifice'. I believe it has everything and more you could ask for.

http://jsr.fsu.edu/mathews.htm

Why you are incapable of doing this for yourself only you will know.
    ok Mr. Grumpy no need for a lecture!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree