1. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Oct '23 03:583 edits
    @suzianne
    Maybe give all the homeless homes and enough food for the hungry?

We know the "Christian" Republicans won't.
  2. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    05 Oct '23 04:07
    @Suzanne

I would like to try and understand one another more. By reading post like this that are pointless and void of logic, or any kind of knowledge of, would you actually like to talk and understand one another more for growth and better acceptance, brotherly/sisterly Christian love for each? The main thing it would require is honesty from you.
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    05 Oct '23 20:25
    Stepping slightly at a tangent, I was intrigued with the idea of “Christian Republicans”.

By the same token we must therefore have “Christian Democrats”.

So bearing in mind the prohibition on taking life, how can any Christian vote (be no part if the world John 17) for a political party knowing full well that they will take the lives of civilians that could well be fellow Christians ( whoopsie doozie there goes some more collateral damage ) .

Surely the existence of Democrat/Republican “Christians” runs contrary to the message of the bible ?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 07:50
    @mike69 said
    @Suzanne

I would like to try and understand one another more. By reading post like this that are pointless and void of logic, or any kind of knowledge of, would you actually like to talk and understand one another more for growth and better acceptance, brotherly/sisterly Christian love for each? The main thing it would require is honesty from you.
    My original post was as honest as it gets.

Apparently, you're not used to honesty. Wean yourself off Trump, man.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 07:54
    @medullah said
    Stepping slightly at a tangent, I was intrigued with the idea of “Christian Republicans”.

So bearing in mind the prohibition on taking life, how can any Christian vote (be no part if the world John 17) for a political party knowing full well that they will take the lives of civilians that could well be fel ...[text shortened]... Surely the existence of Democrat/Republican “Christians” runs contrary to the message of the bible ?
    Let me know when you get to the point, k?

You do know the whole "pro-life" thing is just another con job, yeah?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 07:57
    I'll find value in "coming together" as soon as you people understand that non-whites have rights (and values) too.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 09:25
    @suzianne said
    I'll find value in "coming together" as soon as you people understand that non-whites have rights (and values) too.
    “You people” ???
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 09:51
    @suzianne said
    Regardless of what the wisest political compromise may be, and according to your Christian beliefs, should Christians who have abortions repent before God?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 09:56
    @medullah said
    So bearing in mind the prohibition on taking life
    I was under the impression that the correct translation of this commandment talks about the prohibition of murder as opposed to "taking life". To suggest that the two are synonymous would surely be a morally incoherent oversimplification?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 14:13
    @medullah said

So bearing in mind the prohibition on taking life,
    Errr, really? Prohibition on taking life? You get that from the bible?

Take Hosea 9:16 - ' 'Ephraim is blighted, their root is withered, they yield no fruit. Even if they bear children, I will slay their cherished offspring.”

Or the test for an unfaithful wife in Numbers 5:11-31 causing the women to miscarry. Do either of these passages indicate God believes a fetus possess a right to life?

"“may the Lord cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 16:341 edit
    @mike69 said
    @suzianne
    Maybe give all the homeless homes and enough food for the hungry?

We know the "Christian" Republicans won't.
    Who is it that you want to give home and money? Private citizens who must give what they have, or government who must take away from private citizens to give anything to anyone?

Shouldn’t charity be done freely without compulsion and at cost to one’s own self and not at someone else’s? That would remove the Republican and Democratic forces within government who when they give do it at no cost to themselves, but the taxpayers!

We should not call anyone generous who only wants to give someone else’s money, or greedy who doesn’t want to give away someone else’s money and property.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 17:16
    @kellyjay said
    Who is it that you want to give home and money? Private citizens who must give what they have, or government who must take away from private citizens to give anything to anyone?

Shouldn’t charity be done freely without compulsion and at cost to one’s own self and not at someone else’s? That would remove the Republican and Democratic forces within government who when they ...[text shortened]... ive someone else’s money, or greedy who doesn’t want to give away someone else’s money and property.
    You know, you could always go over to the thread where I said that and see what led up to that and my response to what followed. You know, instead of assuming.

Thread 197670 Top of Page 4
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 17:38
    @suzianne said
    Let me know when you get to the point, k?

So when God instructs Moses to write as the sixth commandment "thou shalt not kill" is that a con job too?

What's point k? is that the one that goes in John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning " .............

The bloodshed has to stop !!
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 17:39
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

maybe you would like to put some context behind those passages?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Oct '23 20:00
    @medullah said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

maybe you would like to put some context behind those passages?
    They carry more gravitas out of context. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree