1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 05:50
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Don’t worry about it, only “smart” people can understand.

Oh and 🙂
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 08:54
    @vistesd2 said
    As I reflect on days of yore, I recall that Suzianne was always gracious to me – as my spiritual proclivities evolved, even as they were far from her own.

I also had really good relationships with FMF and Divegeester. I also had really good relationships (back in that day) with people I argued with vociferously (e.g. lucifershammer, for those who remember).

I recall ...[text shortened]... of mutual respect and regard.

Am I just a dinosaur? (It’s okay if I am – I’d just like to know.)
    I always felt a mutual respect between you and I, though we disagreed, then as now.

In my life I have found that smart and educated people, not like myself, have almost always been gracious to me in spite of my obvious ignorance. For that I thank you.

May the grace of God overwhelm your heart.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 08:58
    @medullah said
    @vistesd2

The respect has gone, it's become a bear pit where it's not the argument that matters but how good the put down is?
    I, as a realist, am a bit of a pessimist, even somewhat cynical, but at the end of the day an optimist.

Hope springs eternal.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 08:59
    @divegeester said
    I disagree. It’s become a bit of a farce, yes. But mostly it’s just devoid of new blood.

10 years ago the forum was still a “bear pit” but there were so many more posters; Twhithead, Lemon jello, nemisio, rwingett, black beetle, the JWs, the Palestinian zealot scherzo, and a host of American Christians.

Some will say that the “bear pit” has caused the demise but i ...[text shortened]... are. But I have an affection for this place and the posters, despite my conflicts with some of them.
    "But I have an affection for this place..."

🙂
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 23:20
    @josephw said

May the grace of God overwhelm your heart.
    What a horrible thing to wish!

I'd rather believe in a polite God who respects boundaries.

I don't understand how some people can claim to have a relationship with a cosmic monster who is always threatening to obliterate them.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 23:26
    @josephw said
    "But I have an affection for this place..."

🙂
    Because he gets to say cruel things to other people anonymously and with impunity.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 23:34
    @kevin-eleven said
    What a horrible thing to wish!

I'd rather believe in a polite God who respects boundaries.

I don't understand how some people can claim to have a relationship with a cosmic monster who is always threatening to obliterate them.
    Well the standard is love so vast so deep there is no end, love with a sacrificial zeal always putting the others before one’s self. The love that God the Father has for the Son, and Holy Spirit as they have for each other and the Father. As the Father shows us by sending His Son to redeem us, and Jesus who came took all that Hell could dish out for us, then taking on the guilt of man so we could receive His grace and merry through faith. He is worthy!
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    04 Jul '22 23:38
    @kellyjay said
    Well the standard is love so vast so deep there is no end, love with a sacrificial zeal always putting the others before one’s self. The love that God the Father has for the Son, and Holy Spirit as they have for each other and the Father. As the Father shows us by sending His Son to redeem us, and Jesus who came took all that Hell could dish out for us, then taking on the guilt of man so we could receive His grace and merry through faith. He is worthy!
    Christianity presents a psychotic solution to a problem of its own invention.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:12
    @kevin-eleven said
    If you think we are not broken and flawed in need of help from someone greater than us, than what you see around you, you must think is normal and as it should be.
  10. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 00:291 edit
    @kellyjay said
    If you think we are not broken and flawed in need of help from someone greater than us, than what you see around you, you must think is normal and as it should be.
    I disagree with your somewhat masochistic and cultish if/than [sic] assertion, especially the part about what I must think.

Peace be with you, nonetheless.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:06
    @kevin-eleven said
    I disagree with your somewhat masochistic and cultish if/than [sic] assertion, especially the part about what I must think.

Peace be with you, nonetheless.
    Well, if you are okay with the state of man as is, as you are, and when you look
    around and believe all of this to be as it should be, individually and corporately
    on the whole, so be it.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:12
    @kellyjay said
    Well, if you are okay with the state of man as is, as you are, and when you look
    around and believe all of this to be as it should be, individually and corporately
    on the whole, so be it.
    You believe that ALL humans deserve to be tortured in burning flames for eternity, right? And you believe that the only way this fate can be avoided is through Christian faith, yes?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:45
    @josephw said
    I, as a realist, am a bit of a pessimist, even somewhat cynical, but at the end of the day an optimist.
    A “realist” in that you believe there still exists somewhere a literal, real “Tree of Life”?

An “optimist” in that you believe that a version of Jesus will be overseeing the deliberate and eternal burning alive of billions of non Christian?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:46
    @kevin-eleven said
    One version of it does.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jul '22 09:561 edit
    @fmf said
    You believe that ALL humans deserve to be tortured in burning flames for eternity, right? And you believe that the only way this fate can be avoided is through Christian faith, yes?
    I believe all humans were made in the image of God, that Jesus Christ came for each one of them because Of God’s love for them and without wavering came took on all the hate and worse that Satan and man could dish out against Him so that He laid down His life for us each, then took on our guilt and shame on to Himself paying for every sin and crime we ever did presenting for us a great salvation through Christ. That we are that loved by God, and if we are not found in Him in the grace offered we will be outside of Christ and will according to our lives stand before Christ who laid down His life for us to be judged.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree