1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 00:27
    Taking back the rainbow
    http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/07/noahs-ark-on-mission-to-take-back-the-rainbow/
  2. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 01:10
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Taking back the rainbow
    I think this is silly, we Christians need to be about something that matters not whether gays fly a rainbow flag and proclaim it as their own.

I find it very ironic that a group would claim a symbol as their own which is representative of judgement for the very activity they are proclaiming it for.

God owns the rainbow, always has always will, it is his promise.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 01:20
    Taking back the rainbow
    "President Donald Trump told televangelist Pat Robertson in a new interview airing Thursday that he will make it safe to say "Merry Christmas" once he brings America "back."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-pat-robertson-will-be-saying-merry-christmas-soon/
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 01:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    [b]"President Donald Trump told televangelist Pat Robertson in a new interview airing Thursday that he will make it safe to say "Merry Christmas" once he brings America "back."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/trump-pat-robertson-will-be-saying-merry-christmas-soon/[/b]
    I believe he also said that in the speech today to bunch of Boy Scout troops and leaders.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:15
    I believe he also said that in the speech today to bunch of Boy Scout troops and leaders.
    You think of it as being important that Trump said this to a televangelist?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:31
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I find it very ironic that a group would claim a symbol as their own which is representative of judgement for the very activity they are proclaiming it for.
    Your comment is interesting. Do you have a reference regarding the rainbow being a symbol of "judgement"?

I found this [http://tinyurl.com/d3y2ws8]:

The rainbow is an important symbol in the Bible, representing a promise of peace from God to Noah, and some Christian groups have used that symbol in their iconography. The German anti-Lutheran leader Thomas Müntzer flew a rainbow flag during the Peasant War in an effort to show that God was on his movement’s side.

Not an 'authority', I know, but there's no mention of "judgement" (which I think there would have been in an article like that if it were an ironic or contentious use of a symbol).
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:39
    Your comment is interesting. Do you have a reference regarding the rainbow being a symbol of "judgement"?

I found this [http://tinyurl.com/d3y2ws8]:

[b]The rainbow is an important symbol in the Bible, representing a promise of peace from God to Noah, and some Christian groups have used that symbol in their iconography. The German anti-Lutheran leader Thom ...[text shortened]... re would have been in an article like that if it were an ironic or contentious use of a symbol).
    The rainbow is God's promise to never again destroy the world by flood. The destruction of the world by flood was a judgment.

The next destruction of the world will not come by water.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:44
    Originally posted by @eladar
    The rainbow is God's promise to never again destroy the world by flood. The destruction of the world by flood was a judgment.

The next destruction of the world will not come by water.
    So, if what you say is true (from a Christian perspective), the rainbow is perhaps more accurately described as a symbol of regret for the "judgement" that was supposedly administered by way of the flood/water, and therefore symbolises a promise never to administer "judgement" that way again. I will see what leunammi has to say.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:48
    So, if what you say is true (from a Christian perspective), the rainbow is perhaps more accurately described as a symbol of regret for the "judgement" that was supposedly administered by way of the flood/water, and therefore symbolises a promise never to administer "judgement" that way again. I will see what leunammi has to say.
    Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, 9 “Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you, and with your [g]descendants after you; 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you; of all that comes out of the ark, even every beast of the earth. 11 I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12 God said, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for [h]all successive generations; 13 I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, 15 and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 17 And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:541 edit
    Then God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying, 9 “Now behold, I Myself do establish My covenant with you, and with your [g]descendants after you; 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the cattle, and every beast of the earth with you; of all that comes out of the ark, even every beast of the earth. 11 I establish My covenan ...[text shortened]... he sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”
    You have spam bombed me. I gleaned from your previous post that the rainbow, in so far as the Hebrew/Christian/Muslim scriptures are concerned, is a symbol of some degree of regret or a 'divine' change of mind or a promise of peace, and not a symbol of judgement.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 02:591 edit
    ...as the Hebrew/Christian/Muslim scriptures are concerned...
    Actually, I note there is no mention of the rainbow in the Islamic version of Genesis and the story of Noah.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 03:01
    You have spam bombed me. I gleaned from your previous post that the rainbow, in so far as the Hebrew/Christian/Muslim scriptures are concerned, is a symbol of some degree of regret or a 'divine' change of mind or a promise of peace, and not a symbol of judgement.
    That is what you would get out of the account. But the words are there for all to see.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 03:03
    That is what you would get out of the account. But the words are there for all to see.
    There's nothing about the rainbow being a symbol of judgement in anything you have said or copy pasted.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 03:14
    Originally posted by @leunammi
    I think this is silly, we Christians need to be about something that matters not whether gays fly a rainbow flag and proclaim it as their own.

God owns the rainbow, always has always will, it is his promise.
    The rainbow is not a symbol of judgement, it's a sign of God's mercy. But I do agree that the effort to reclaim it as a symbol is a bit silly.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Jul '17 03:14
    There's nothing about the rainbow being a symbol of judgement in anything you have said or copy pasted.
    It is a symbol of a covenant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree