1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 11:49
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Give it a try.
    You've grown old.
    You die and you're dust melting back into the earth.

The world, planets, stars all eventually join you - rotting away in the cold and dark infinite nothingness of ashes.

Now, why again were you alive ??
    No reason at all ?

Its macho to just accept the void of absurdity maybe ?
    We just all look back an ...[text shortened]... WHAT JESUS SAYS AND THE BIBLE. [/i]

I want to give at least equal time for God to speak.
    You seem to [1] have low esteem about the life you are living - you are telling yourself it's meaningless, in and of itself, and that meaning comes from telling yourself you are going to exist forever, and [2] you seem to be having difficulty coming to terms with dying. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 11:53
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Is it similarly strange to you that it should be taken as some sort symbolic link to homosexuality ?
    The rainbow is meaningless, irrespective of what social group claims it symbolically.

It's no less silly than me creating new religion and claiming 'thunder' is a sign of my new power in the universe. (Even though thunder clearly precedes such a claim). Indeed, you are rendered into the ludicrous position of postulating that there were atmospheric changes and that moisture in the air only occurred post flood.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 15:11
    'Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'

Why would God need a reminder anyway?!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 23:19
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I admit = I don't know what difference it has made I that I was alive.

So what?
    I admit = I use to be like that. But then I stopped scoffing at the Bible when I met Jesus and heard about "the eternal purpose" (Eph. 3:11).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree