Taking back the rainbow

Taking back the rainbow

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @leunammi
I don't think the gay community really cares about the origin of the rainbow from the biblical point of view.
So if you now acknowledge that your preferred meaning of the rainbow symbol is not the only one that exists, and you now realize that gay people attribute a different meaning to it as a symbol, how on earth can you think it is "ironic" that they use the rainbow as a symbol?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Jul 17

Psst, thank you I already know that.
Ah, then we are in a agreement that a rainbow in itself is quite meaningless and random.

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

I don't think the gay community really cares about the origin of the rainbow from the biblical point of view.
You seriously think "the origin of the rainbow" is in the Bible?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Jul 17

Let's be clear that anyone can attach to the rainbow any meaning they desire.

I took the phrase "Taking back the rainbow" to mean recovering for the Christian church what this matter should mean to Christians. And that also has something to do with the reminder it had to mankind - the fore-bearers of the human race after the Flood of Noah.

That of course is what we as believers in the Bible are reminded of.
And that of course we have the right to convey to the world.
And until outlawed by some possible future totalitarian regime, we will teach that in the public square.

l

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Ah, then we are in a agreement that a rainbow in itself is quite meaningless and random.
No we are not in agreement... totally.

The view that you previously posted (definition of a rainbow) may be what you believe 'only' with regards to rainbows, but it is not what I believe 'only'. I do agree with the scientific definition from Wikipedia which you posted however.

As for the "rainbow in itself is quite meaningless", I disagree, I subscribe to the biblical meaning of it, I am sorry you don't.

Genesis 9:12-15 New King James Version (NKJV)

12 And God said: “This is the sign of the covenant which I make between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @sonship
I took the phrase "Taking back the rainbow" to mean recovering for the Christian church what this matter should mean to Christians.
Nobody took it from the Christian church. There is no need to recover it from anyone.

l

Moves
25 Jul 17

Originally posted by @fmf
You seriously think "the origin of the rainbow" is in the Bible?
See my response to Ghost.

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

On what basis are you claiming the "origin" of the rainbow is in the Bible?

l

Moves
25 Jul 17

On what basis are you claiming the "origin" of the rainbow is in the Bible?

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

You're dodging. The "origin" of the rainbow predates the Bible by countless millions of years.

l

Moves
25 Jul 17
1 edit

You're dodging. The "origin" of the rainbow predates the Bible by countless millions of years.
I'm dodging nothing, see my response to Ghost.

If my response to you is not acceptable, I am sorry. I don't know what else to tell you I have responded.

The "origin" of the rainbow predates the Bible by countless millions of years
How do you know this, do you have some unequivocal information you can share with the rest of us that don't know? Including myself? Other than assumptions?

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

How do you know this, do you have some unequivocal information you can share with the rest of us that don't know? Including myself? Other than assumptions?
If you seriously think the origin of the meteorological phenomenon described by Ghost of a Duke on the previous page is found in the Noah story part of ancient Hebrew mythology - and that this phenomenon didn't already exist and get witnessed all over the world by humans for whatever countless tens of thousands of years before that - then just say so.

l

Moves
25 Jul 17

If you seriously think the origin of the meteorological phenomenon described by Ghost of a Duke on the previous page is found in the Noah story part of ancient Hebrew mythology - and that this phenomenon didn't already exist and get witnessed all over the world by humans for whatever countless tens of thousands of years before that - then just say so.
FMF, is it countless tens of thousands of years or countless millions of years before Noah? I don't know do you? Are your wheels falling off?

I answered your question, as for the exact time frame of things? Who knows, I am referring to a scripture verse after an event, that is all.

F

Moves
25 Jul 17
1 edit

I answered your question, as for the exact time frame of things? Who knows, I am referring to a scripture verse after an event, that is all.
Are you also a believer in the universe being created in six days? And an earth that is a few thousand years old?

F

Moves
25 Jul 17

FMF, is it countless tens of thousands of years or countless millions of years before Noah? I don't know do you? Are your wheels falling off?
Rainbows, the phenomenon, for countless millions of years. Humans witnessing them for countless tens of thousands of years.