1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 09:42
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The three basic colors of the rainbow ...

It is from these basic colors are derived the other colors of the rainbow.
    Is that why god made us think we are looking at yellow when we get red & green light together?
    🙄
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 10:54
    A strange thread indeed.

We have established that rainbows are not only meteorological events, no different than say thunder or lightening (and as such are nothing new or exceptional) but can even be created in a pan of water with a mirror and piece of white paper.

For such an event to be linked to a divine covenant is simply bizarre.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 15:38
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    A strange thread indeed.

We have established that rainbows are not only meteorological events, no different than say thunder or lightening (and as such are nothing new or exceptional) but can even be created in a pan of water with a mirror and piece of white paper.

For such an event to be linked to a divine covenant is simply bizarre.
    I think that's why it's called faith. But it just goes to show that God is right there wanting to tell people he exists other than using the word of God.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 03:04
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    But it just goes to show that God is right there wanting to tell people he exists other than using the word of God.
    I missed that ...
    What goes to show what exactly?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 03:561 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I missed that ...
    What goes to show what exactly?
    Read Romans chapter 1 you'll understand.

Rom. 1:20a For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 06:55
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    Read Romans chapter 1 you'll understand.

You can't tell me?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 07:121 edit
    Whoever is able to receive it, receive it...
    Are you being all apostolic again?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 07:152 edits
    The three basic colors of the rainbow also speak of the three attributes of God that keep man away from Him. Buut because they are now in the rainbow the meaning is that God is faithful to Himself meet the need of His demand that man may be saved.
    Nonsense. At least you decided to (sort of) acknowledge the original author, albeit not in the correct post.

What colour is god's love and mercy by the way?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 09:432 edits
    "Like the appearance of the rainbow that is in the cloud on a day of rain, such was the appearance of the brightness all around.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of Jehovah. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and I heard the voice of someone speaking." (Ezek. 1:28)

The whole rainbow speaks of God's mercy and love of course. God's love is with righteousness, holiness, and glory. It is not a unrighteous and sentimental love of the permissive sloppy apathy that does not care for a righteous way of doing things.

The rainbow surely reminds us of the mercy and love God had for Noah and family and generally the saved. But the contents of that love and mercy are in keeping with the eternal glory, holiness, and righteousness of God.

God loves.
    God will not give up His righteousness because He loves so much.

God is merciful.
    But God will not give let His holiness be trampled of His glory be soiled because He would be merciful.

To understand that Bible well, and to appreciate the rainbow sign, we have to see that God so loves fallen sinners, yet He will maintain His eternal righteous character, His eternal glory, and his eternal holiness.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 09:53
    And yet...

"Mercy triumphs over judgment"

James 2:13
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 09:56
    "Like the appearance of the rainbow that is in the cloud on a day of rain, such was the appearance of the brightness ALL AROUND.

This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of Jehovah. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and I heard the voice of someone speaking." (Ezek. 1:28)

The rainbow in Ezekiel, i think, is more profound in its development then the one in Genesis. Most rainbows you see in the clouds are partial circles. Here it is a rainbow "all around" the One with the appearance of a Man on the throne.

You might say it is like the rainbow encircling the disk of the sun on a humid day.
    But that is natural stuff. I am interested in the spiritual significance.

This rainbow is "all around" the One on the throne. The One on the throne is God-man. And though I didn't say much about it, this One is in utter and harmonious coordination with the four living creatures and the awesome wheels within wheels of the whole strange apparatus.

So the rainbow is not just a reminder the God will spare in judgment.
    That it is, but there is much more. God will be faithful in covenant to bring about the utter harmony, oneness, coordination required between the God-man on the throne and the His move on the earth with His people - represented by the four living creatures underneath that throne.

In short God will be faithful to fulfill His purpose for creation and salvation.
    Noah's rainbow was very good.
    Ezekiel's vision of the rainbow is perhaps deeper and more extensive.

God will be faithful not just to spare lives on earth.
    But God as the Man on the divine throne of the universe will be faithful in the accomplishing of His eternal purpose.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 09:58
    [b] "Like the appearance of the rainbow that is in the cloud on a day of rain, such was the appearance of the brightness ALL AROUND.

The whole rainbow speaks of God's merc ...[text shortened]... t He will maintain His eternal righteous character, His eternal glory, and his eternal holiness.[/b]
    Are micro-waves and x-rays also signs of his love????
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 10:00
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie
    Good point.
    What extent of the EM spectrum is god's love?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 10:072 edits
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie

I would say that all the positive things in the universe are pointers to the ultimate reality of the universe - Christ.

Micro-wave and X-ray included.
    But in this thread I am giving attention to the usage of the rainbow in the revelation of the Bible.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 10:08
    There are billions of things in the universe.
    The Bible did not use all of them.

And God in His transcendence over time, knew the epochs of human history that would unfold. I think He used things which He knew the majority of people in history would be familiar with. That's my opinion why micro-waves are not mentioned in the Bible as far as i can tell.

But how many people on earth know about rainbows?
    In pluming the depths of wisdom in the word of God I beware of mistaking simplicity for naivete.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree