1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 12:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wait i haven't even begun my argument yet, i need to go to work, so it may be some time, suffice to say that beetle has in effect refuted his own assertion that reason and knowledge and science are the handmaidens of morality and virtue, for taking his analogy and examining it, we must ask ourselves who was it that put instinctive wisdom into the lit ...[text shortened]... outside, im tired, its freezing, my work is hard and i have a family to feed - regards Robbie.
    Now robbie dude,

as sonhouse, Andrew Hamilton, twhitehead and many other friends may easily show you by means of scientific finds and evidence, the rabbit became a rabbit and the Human became a Human through the process of the evolution.

But, my trustee feer, lend me your ears for a coupla minutes more.
    In his own environment the rabbit is "wise" when he remains ever ready to flee, whilst the Human is "wise" when he is able to evaluate constantly the ever arising situations. Why the Human is wise this way?
    Because the Human cannot go back in time and avoid his social life. He is for ever in a desperate need for Law and Order, otherwise his environment will collapse and he will become unable to survive out there.

In addition, the Human is Human and the Rabbit is Rabbit, each one in his environment, thus each one armed properly in order to prevail in his environment. This is the reason why the rabbit has fasty legs and longie ears and sharp wet nose whilst the Human is as smart and crafty as the foxiest lass and counting.

So in his environment the rabbit needs not to "reason" the way we Humans are reasoning -although I am dead sure that he uses "reasoning" through his senses and his ability to evaluate the messages he receives through them. For he sees his enemy, he smells his enemy, he hears his enemy, and only then he runs, and he runs asap otherwise he 's dead on the spot. Have you ever seen a rabbit out there? He 's always under red alert, otherwise the hawk will get some delicacies out of him.
    So in your opinion the rabbit reacts the way he reacts thanks to his instict, eh? But his instict is out of order if his senses are dull or if he becomes unable to evaluate correctly the messages he receives through them, I reckon. So without his senses, which they are there in order to inform him that soon an interceptor is gonna be after him, the rabbit is dead.
    So it seems to me that his instict is the agent which pushes him to run whenever he sees/ smells/ hears strange, unknown or positively dangerous to him existencies. His instict urges him to act asap Without Evaluation whenever something strange is arising, simply because there 's no time to loose if the danger is real. And if the alarm is false, so what, no problem, he 'll stop running when he will Understand that there is no danger at all.

Therefore, thanks to his senses and his "understanding" the rabbit has his instict sharpen in order to prosper and to help his bonnie bunny give birth to many many sweety bunnies, robbie pal.
    Nothing holy😵
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 14:07
    lol, yeah, call it what you will, im not buying it, and unless you can provide evidence to the contrary that the process of evolution was fundamental in producing wisdom then i think you should refrain from trying to assert that it is, its nothing more than a hypothesis, cannot be proven, is full of contradiction and has no basis in reason nor can it ...[text shortened]... which bear absolutely no resemblance to any others on this forum, dig ya'll - regards robbie!
    Almost weekly we find out stuff about animals that we laid to human abilities and human alone. For instance, elephants have been taught to paint and do rather well at it, better than me for sure, not just random chicken scratches but real representational art, they actually know what they are doing, its not some trick of a trainer. So they plan ahead, see the future of what they are doing, have a plan to go from start to finish, select proper colors and the end result is real art but not made by humans!
    There have been only a few species that recognizes itself as itself in the mirror test, the latest being a crow looking at a mirror and seeing a piece of color on its breast feathers that isn't usually there, instead of pecking at the mirror, it little claws scratch at its own breast trying to clear off the color painted on. Bonobo's and chimps have learned extensive sign language and clearly distinguish between past and future. Even squirrels have demonstrated a sense of future by storing food all around the forest buried where only he can get it, and taking steps to fool his competitors about where he hides his food, so it is into active deception for a specific purpose. We see wild chimps using tools and then the tribe or whatever you call the group picks up on it and starts using the tool, like the stick they use to dig out termites from rotton wood, extracting protein that would otherwise not be available. You see crows and ravens using tools also, and ravens have a sense of fun, you can see them in winter going to the top of a snow mound, sliding down on its back, then trudging up the slope to flop down on its back and slide down the snow, clearly showing the appreciation of just having fun. Dolphins have brains a lot bigger than any human and communicate with an actual conceptual language we have only the barest understanding of the syntax of it, not even close to getting a dolphin language Rosetta stone. I mentioned the pinnacle of creation thing because that's what most christians think of themselves, that we were put here to be the keepers of the farm so to speak, to quote Wil Marin. There are many other examples that tread on what humans used to think as their particular talent, human only, to find out later, nope, Bonobo's do that, Crows do this, such and such an animal actually invents a tool to use and then the whole tribe catches on, even though a tribe across the river can't duplicate the others work. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.🙂
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 17:00
    right im done with you all now, over to the evolution thread and let the games commence
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 20:08
    right im done with you all now, over to the evolution thread and let the games commence
    hey robbiie,

are you done with me tooooo?

Come back here as a brave Chattan with yer kilt heavy and evah reddin the fire ye numptie rrrobbie, don't ye know that a Greek and 11 highlanders and a bagpipe can shake the place down my feer?? Them obnoxious fanatic atheists they know no thing 'bout Glenlivet and it pure malt, but me, a pure ScGreek, I never touched ye foxy leggedy beastie cat without a glove, didn't I??

So git yerself back in ere an fight against yer trustee feer, for a'm useless withoot a nob'l an deecint enimy! What, ye gonna leaf me alone to get in grrrips wi it ahosyney??!

Chikin

OK, lets leave the evolution aside and enjoy some nice co😵😵
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 20:18
    ...nverstation, hicketyhick, that is, although the theory of the evolution is tested hard for almost two centuries however is always on top. For still I saw not creationism entering them univercities; and why is that, in your opinion??

😵
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 20:20
    Is it a conspirastsixkx from them naughty athiists?
    😵
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 20:25
    Nay siree, it ain't. After all those tonns of logic, knowlegde, reason, evidence and scientific finds, we still are leaning towards the theory of the evoulution till we 'll find scientific evidence and finds that they will drive us to another direction, that is.

Till then, I will stick with the evolution my trustee feer robbie!

glasses high now for the Bonnie Scotland, 100 pipers marching and all😵
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 23:15
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Nay siree, it ain't. After all those tonns of logic, knowlegde, reason, evidence and scientific finds, we still are leaning towards the theory of the evoulution till we 'll find scientific evidence and finds that they will drive us to another direction, that is.

Till then, I will stick with the evolution my trustee feer robbie!

glasses high now for the Bonnie Scotland, 100 pipers marching and all😵
    oh beetle dude, i no leave you my friend, that would be a dishonor, brothers in arms we are, but very serious issues have been raised my friend, slanderous remarks have been made, the line has been drawn, motives called into question, slapped on the face with the glove, the duel must take place, hold the fort my friend for i will be back soon, it realy was a pity just as i thought that great learning was driving you mad, your resolve and logic almost unassailable, but we shall test the metal another day! rejoice with your wife beetle, eat and drink and see good for all your hard work my friend, it is our portion under the sun!
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Nov '08 23:33
    oh beetle dude, i no leave you my friend, that would be a dishonor, brothers in arms we are, but very serious issues have been raised my friend, slanderous remarks have been made, the line has been drawn, motives called into question, slapped on the face with the glove, the duel must take place, hold the fort my friend for i will be back soon, it rea ...[text shortened]... e, eat and drink and see good for all your hard work my friend, it is our portion under the sun!
    Hmmh, if I 'll drinkaweebit morrr I 'll start crawlin, and American Marine I am not but a miserable atheist black beetle patrolin on my tree with a bagpipe and all;

so let's have a toast to Robbie Burn then😵
  10. rural North Dakota
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 00:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Almost weekly we find out stuff about animals that we laid to human abilities and human alone. For instance, elephants have been taught to paint and do rather well at it, better than me for sure, not just random chicken scratches but real representational art, they actually know what they are doing, its not some trick of a trainer. So they plan ahead, see ...[text shortened]... ross the river can't duplicate the others work. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.🙂
    Maybe you have heard about a bird using ants to rid itself of mites. My husband once spread moth balls around an area where garter snakes were prone to get into our basement. These shrink in the air over time, but I saw a grackle (a type of blackbird) take one that was smaller and rub it through its feathers in the same way as they do ants.
  11. Standard memberTimInIraq
    THAT GUY
    San Marcos, TX
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 13:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I once saw some photos of what American soldiers were doing to prisoners in Iraq. And people wonder why I hate Americans.

The incident you cited was clearly carried out by male chauvinists who don't want girls to get an education (probably because they don't think they will be able to find a girl willing to become their slave if all girls get educated)

Thats why I hate all men. Especially American men.
    You have no idea what goes on here in Iraq. Only what the media will show you. Whatever you saw was probably the retaliation of something much much more horrible. im sure i would not agree with what you saw but do not speak as if you have really seen anything, ever. America is the lesser of two evils here in Iraq and we are doing for the Iraqi people what they could have never done for themselves. Do some research on the cruelties of Saddam, the Taliban, Al Qaeda.

ive seen the worst of this place and I can tell you, it needed us. fathers raping their sons and burning their children alive. strapping bombs to their own kids in the name of Allah.

if you're against America being in Iraq then you stand for acts of violence much worse than any American has ever done here.

please dont act like we're all one person also. "American men" We have our good and bad just like every other POS place in this world.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Dec '08 14:21
    Originally posted by TimInIraq
    please dont act like we're all one person also. "American men" We have our good and bad just like every other POS place in this world.
    All I ask in return is that you do not judge all Muslims as if they are child rapists living in Iraq. And I am not saying you do but the initial poster in this thread does. There are plenty of perfectly decent Muslims here in Cape Town who have nothing to do with whatever you might have experienced in Iraq.

As for my position on Iraq, I honestly do not know a lot about Iraq under Saddam (I was not aware that either the Taliban or Al Qaeda were in Iraq before the war - can you enlighten us?). However Americas excuse for going to war was not genuine and its failure to step in in other conflicts around the world where there is no oil shows that its intentions have little to do with humanitarian aid.
    I have also always questioned whether the method was the most effective. I have often wondered what effect simply building schools and paying teachers would have in countries like that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree