Thank You

Thank You

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Jun 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
So what? It's an American holiday, and the post was clearly written for Americans, and yet you took the time to deride it. Don't try to fool me. If you'd jump on this well-meaning post, you'd really jump on a post written by an American celebrating the dead of other countries we've fought in past wars. Your "protests" (if you can call just bitching abou ...[text shortened]... o piss on our parade. Simply [b]because we're Americans. And tell me, what is that called?[/b]
My objection is a principled one and I would also make it to an Iranian, or a Briton, or an Israeli, or a Russian for doing the same thing on this web site.

F

Moves
02 Jun 16

I see no other reason to give grief to Americans simply for participating in our own holiday.
I don't think you have understood the argument then if you seriously think it can somehow be summarily dismissed by simply alleging that I think Americans are "some scourge on mankind" and that I "hate" them.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
02 Jun 16

In case you missed what I wrote (or completely skipped over it in your zeal to land your "blow" ), it is a commemoration of those who died to secure our freedoms, and the freedoms of others, including your beloved UK, despite your partisan implications. Nothing about it "commemorates" war. You're misrepresenting Americans, as usual.
Maybe you need reminding of the list of democracies overthrown by the US since WW2? Or the list of dictatorships placed or held in power by the USA?

D

Moves
02 Jun 16
1 edit

D

Moves
02 Jun 16
1 edit

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Jun 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
That quote is on Atatürk Memorial in Canberra and a memorial stone in Gallipoli.

Apparently the words are from a 1934 speech.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Jun 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
1992 AND 1993.

I've got a sneaky suspicion that a Cuban team competed too but cant find it with Google.

D

Moves
02 Jun 16