1. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    30 May '16 14:39
    As those of us in the US gather with friends and family this Memorial Day, I would like to acknowledge and say thank you for your service to our country. The cost for freedom is a high one, let us never forget those who have gone before us and paid the ultimate price with their lives and those who have and are serving today. Happy Memorial Day!
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 15:121 edit
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    As those of us in the US gather with friends and family this Memorial Day, I would like to acknowledge and say thank you for your service to our country. The cost for freedom is a high one, let us never forget those who have gone before us and paid the ultimate price with their lives and those who have and are serving today. Happy Memorial Day!
    Matthew 5
    3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
    5“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
    6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
    7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
    8“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
    9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
    38“You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ 39“But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 May '16 15:38
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Matthew 5
    3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
    5“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
    6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
    7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
    8“ ...[text shortened]... ot resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.
    Excellent, Not mutual assured destruction and nuclear annihiliation then, as threatened against Iran? No more drones in countries not even at war with the US? No more provoking civil war in other countries? Pleasing indeed.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    30 May '16 19:04
    How many World War 2 veterans do you expect to find here?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Excellent, Not mutual assured destruction and nuclear annihiliation then, as threatened against Iran? No more drones in countries not even at war with the US? No more provoking civil war in other countries? Pleasing indeed.
    Unfortunately, evidently most Christians are much more heavily influenced by the type of nationalistic propaganda as regurgitated in the OP, than they are by the words of Jesus I posted.

No more drones in countries not even at war with the US?

The US would never even be at war.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 19:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How many World War 2 veterans do you expect to find here?
    Why WWII?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 May '16 19:50
    Unfortunately, evidently most Christians are much more heavily influenced by the type of nationalistic propaganda as regurgitated in the OP, than they are by the words of Jesus I posted.

[b]No more drones in countries not even at war with the US?

The US would never even be at war.[/b]
    "The US would never even be at war."

Drop the last two words and you've got it.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 19:55
    Originally posted by JS357
    "The US would never even be at war."

Drop the last two words and you've got it.
    good one
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 May '16 21:31
    Why WWII?
    It was the last war the US was involved in where the motive could conceivably have been freedom.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    30 May '16 21:321 edit

[b]No more drones in countries not even at war with the US?

The US would never even be at war.[/b]
    Ah yes. If only all the Christians in history had heeded the words of Jesus, how different it might have been. If only Christianity had more to do with the words of Jesus how different the religion itself might have been. A beautiful dream, but not historically accurate. Christianity is what it is, not what you pretend it might be with the wind in the right direction.

Not many people come here to argue against the words of Jesus yet there are plenty here to argue against Christianity. Fancy that!
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 21:371 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It was the last war the US was involved in where the motive could conceivably have been freedom.
    Evidently what you can conceive and what the US propaganda machine can conceive are very different.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 May '16 21:501 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Ah yes. If only all the Christians in history had heeded the words of Jesus, how different it might have been. If only Christianity had more to do with the words of Jesus how different the religion itself might have been. A beautiful dream, but not historically accurate. Christianity is what it is, not what you pretend it might be with the wind in the right ...[text shortened]... against the words of Jesus yet there are plenty here to argue against Christianity. Fancy that!
    Ah yes. If only all the Christians in history had heeded the words of Jesus, how different it might have been.

Are you of the misconception that that was a point a was trying to make on this thread?

If only Christianity had more to do with the words of Jesus how different the religion itself might have been. A beautiful dream, but not historically accurate. Christianity is what it is, not what you pretend it might be with the wind in the right direction.

Do you have any reason to believe that I don't know that "Christianity is what it is"?

Not many people come here to argue against the words of Jesus yet there are plenty here to argue against Christianity. Fancy that!

I've been promoting the words of Jesus and arguing against Christianity for quite some time. Fancy that!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 May '16 00:37
    [b]Ah yes. If only all the Christians in history had heeded the words of Jesus, how different it might have been.

Are you of the misconception that that was a point a was trying to make on this thread?

If only Christianity had more to do with the words of Jesus how different the religion itself might have been. A beautiful dream, but not his ...[text shortened]... n promoting the words of Jesus and arguing against Christianity for quite some time. Fancy that!
    "Arguing against Christianity" isn't exactly "promoting the words of Jesus", now is it?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '16 00:40
    I was watching some video of service people coming home and surprising family and
    wrote what is below. I found the love carrying we feel for each other very moving, and to
    those that served and did not make it back the heart break to be beyond words. I realize
    that with some they take the government's control of the military to lessen the service
    of those that have signed up.

It is the honorable being commanded by the dishonorable in my opinion. Those that
    serve do so knowing they can be called upon to give the one thing none of us can never
    get back once its gone their lives. So we have a military whose love of country has called
    them to put themselves into a place they are willing to lay down their lives for the rest of
    us.

They deserve our love and respect!

"Life
    You know the value of life when you’d give the entire world for a few moments
    of time to spend with them again. A life with meaning is one filled with love for
    others; precious are the lives whose very presence or the mere thought of
    cheers the heart, whose absence lessens our days. Pathetic are the lives whose
    only concern is their own pleasures and lusts, they will never be filled, but
    always lacking as they try to fill themselves with that which is less."
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 May '16 00:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "Arguing against Christianity" isn't exactly "promoting the words of Jesus", now is it?
    If Christianity were based upon the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth, you'd have a point there. But it isn't and you don't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree