1. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:03
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    If Christianity were based upon the teachings of Jesus while He walked the Earth, you'd have a point there. But it isn't and you don't.
    She is a sonship devotee.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:051 edit
    Originally quoted by KellyJay
    "You know the value of life when you’d give the entire world for a few moments
    of time to spend with them again. A life with meaning is one filled with love for
    others; precious are the lives whose very presence or the mere thought of
    cheers the heart, whose absence lessens our days."
    Memorial Day in the U.S. is a good day for Americans to spare a thought for the millions of innocent victims of their military's overseas actions in, say, the decades since WW2. The same could be said for the victims of proxy military forces trained and supplied by the U.S.

Words like "a life with meaning is one filled with love for others; precious are the lives whose very presence or the mere thought of cheers the heart, whose absence lessens our days", of course, apply to non-American humans too, and Memorial Day is as good a day as any for Americans to contemplate this. I'm sure you agree, KellyJay.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I was watching some video of service people coming home and surprising family and
    wrote what is below. I found the love carrying we feel for each other very moving, and to
    those that served and did not make it back the heart break to be beyond words. I realize
    that with some they take the government's control of the military to lessen the service
    of tho ...[text shortened]... l never be filled, but
    always lacking as they try to fill themselves with that which is less."
    Giving their lives for others is a demonstration of the fulfilling of the law. Yet acording to you these people will be condemned if they never 'knew' Christ.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:40
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How many World War 2 veterans do you expect to find here?
    Are there only world war 2 vets? I know RJHinds is a vet there may be others.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:502 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Giving their lives for others is a demonstration of the fulfilling of the law. Yet acording to you these people will be condemned if they never 'knew' Christ.
    It's an act of love, not a law.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    31 May '16 01:59
    Giving their lives for others is a demonstration of the fulfilling of the law.

If you had John 15:13 in mind when you wrote this, I wouldn't be so sure that that was what Jesus had in mind.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 02:59
    Originally posted by yoctobyte
    Are there only world war 2 vets? I know RJHinds is a vet there may be others.
    Wasn't RJHinds involved in some way, if I am not mistaken, in what America did to the people of Vietnam and Laos and Cambodia? Is your "thank you" for him too?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '16 03:19
    That will be for them as it is for us something between Jesus and each person who will
    be standing before Him. For me I was just wanting to say something nice about those that
    serve I'll not respond to you in this thread any more. On other threads feel free to make
    your point I'll respond if you really want to continue this discussion.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 May '16 09:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wasn't RJHinds involved in some way, if I am not mistaken, in what America did to the people of Vietnam and Laos and Cambodia? Is your "thank you" for him too?
    The morality of whether a war is justified or not is beyond the scope of this thread. If you want to engage in the politics of war, perhaps you should start another thread, that intent was not meant with this one.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 10:25
    The morality of whether a war is justified or not is beyond the scope of this thread. If you want to engage in the politics of war, perhaps you should start another thread, that intent was not meant with this one.
    Oh indeed I think it was very much your intent to engage in some "politics of war" ~ whether just clumsily, I don't know ~ when you sought, on an international web site, to exclude commemoration of the fate of the non-American victims of U.S. military action from this discussion. A political act down to its very core - some would say rather provocative, too.

Knowing what your country did to countless innocent people in the countries I mentioned, and if I am right that RJHinds played a part in it, do you extend your "thank you" to him? It's a fair question.

It would be perverse to try to exclude proper consideration of the reality of military adventures and the atrocious injustices they brought down upon the innocent when commemorating what was carried out in your country's name. It would surely be spiritually bankrupt of you to try to inhibit proper discussion of this topic.

If you want some kind of jingoistic ritual where people ~ those who are appalled by unquestioning partisan consent being given explicitly or implicitly to what happened ~ are expected to just bite their tongues, then a not-for-Americans-only spirituality forum is surely not the place to do it. 🙂
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    31 May '16 10:31
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]Giving their lives for others is a demonstration of the fulfilling of the law.

If you had John 15:13 in mind when you wrote this, I wouldn't be so sure that that was what Jesus had in mind.[/b]
    Im not referring to soldiers doing their duty and following the orders of their superiors by going to war and thereby benefiting their countrymen... not that.

When they are out fighting many soliders dont know, neither care what the reason is why they are there. Their aim is to survive. Some think of personal survival and some of group survival. Some are selfish and some are selfless. Some selfless ones who end up suffering for the sake of others will not be forgotten by Jesus Christ,, contrary to what some Christians believe.

.. he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. (Romans 13:8 KJV)
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    31 May '16 10:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh indeed I think it was very much your intent to engage in some "politics of war" ~ whether just clumsily, I don't know ~ when you sought, on an international web site, to exclude commemoration of the fate of the non-American victims of U.S. military action from this discussion. A political act down to its very core - some would say rather provocative, too.
    ...[text shortened]... r tongues, then a not-for-Americans-only spirituality forum is surely not the place to do it. 🙂
    Oh brother... spare me the diatribe will you?

Surely other countries have similar times of the year in which that nation's fallen soldiers are remembered. My intent was with this thread nothing more than the face of it, a thank you for those who served on a day of remembrance for this nations soldiers, not a thank you to the political establishment and those that devise war. Make it something else if you wish, that is your prerogative.

I don't devalue the life of anyone in any war, and I am someone who's family was devistated at the hands of the allies in Hitler's Germany, If someone was offended by this thread... Not my intent.

Again, feel free to start your own thread on the politics of war, I am sure you will find many more eggar participants then myself, as for this one... It's is Tuesday and for me it has run its course. G'day.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 May '16 11:00
    It will not matter what the intent of any thread is, with some they will always take it to the
    gutter it is where they live and breath.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 11:07
    Oh brother... spare me the diatribe will you?

Surely other countries have similar times of the year in which that nation's fallen soldiers are remembered. My intent was with this thread nothing more than the face of it, a thank you for those who served on a day of remembrance for this nations soldiers, not a thank you to the political establishment and ...[text shortened]... ipants then myself, as for this one... It's is Tuesday and for me it has run its course. G'day.
    I am not offended. I just think you are naive.

If a Russian poster tried to start a thread commemorating the Russian dead in Afghanistan but pointedly not the Afghan dead, you'd think it totally inappropriate.

If an Iraqi poster started a thread - on a Spirituality Forum! - commemorating only the Iraqi dead in the Iran-Iraq War, and not the Iranians, you'd be justified in objecting.

Surely other countries have similar times of the year in which that nation's fallen soldiers are remembered. My intent was with this thread nothing more than the face of it, a thank you for those who served on a day of remembrance for this nations soldiers, not a thank you to the political establishment and those that devise war. Make it something else if you wish, that is your prerogative.

Your quintessentially political act ~ a thread like this ~ is probably more suited to an American web site populated by patriotic Americans.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 May '16 11:09
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    It will not matter what the intent of any thread is, with some they will always take it to the
    gutter it is where they live and breath.
    Presumably this is a reference to me and yet you yourself do not have the integrity to address the point that I am making.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree