1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Would you care for a little wager?

And i extend this offer to anybody else who thinks the 2nd coming is imminent.
    Let me guess, you will loose your soul if your wrong?

😵
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    Let me guess, you will loose your soul if your wrong?

😵
    Well if you are sure it will happen in the next 10 years, then you should be willing to bet all the money in your possession 10 years from now. I could bet a much lower figure, but make it available much sooner. Thus if you win, you get a little money now, if I win, I get all your money in 10 years when it is proven that you lost.
    Would you take such a bet?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 15:15
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well if you are sure it will happen in the next 10 years, then you should be willing to bet all the money in your possession 10 years from now. I could bet a much lower figure, but make it available much sooner. Thus if you win, you get a little money now, if I win, I get all your money in 10 years when it is proven that you lost.
    Would you take such a bet?
    I don't recall saying that he is coming within the next 10 years. But if he does, I won't be needing your money. Then again, you won't need it much either. 😛
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 15:27
    I don't recall saying that he is coming within the next 10 years. But if he does, I won't be needing your money. Then again, you won't need it much either. 😛
    Exactly it's a no lose bet for you.

The bet is this - The second coming will not happen in your life time.

1. If it does happen, you win and i go to hell for being an atheist.

2. It doesn't and upon your death you leave me a nice bottle of wine in your will.

3. I die before you and all bets are off. It's a no lose situation.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 18:02
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    i would like to open this post to see if anyone outhere knows or cares that jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead and if you do is the time near or do you think its far in the future or do you feel hes not comming back any time soon
    Have all the people groups been preached to yet? If they haven't been preach to it might be awhile till Jesus comes back.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 06:58
    JW's think He Came back in 1914. It was after He did not return literally they said it was an invisible return.

I think next 10-50 years maybe but as said 1 day is as a 1000 years and vise versa in God's eyes. All will see this event though it will not be invisible by any means.

Manny
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 07:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Have all the people groups been preached to yet? If they haven't been preach to it might be awhile till Jesus comes back.
    That's why prophecies never work. Fundamnetalists have to do heavy interpreting to make the prophecy match reality.

JW culters are fundamentalists.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 07:59
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    i would like to open this post to see if anyone outhere knows or cares that jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead and if you do is the time near or do you think its far in the future or do you feel hes not comming back any time soon
    I think it's far, far, far, like after Godot shows up.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 08:02
    I don't recall saying that he is coming within the next 10 years.
    I know you didn't. The challenge is to those who do make that claim. You on the other hand are probably one of those who prefer to make vague statements of "soon" without giving any limits.

But if he does, I won't be needing your money.
    Surely you could use it in the mean time? The idea was I give you some money now (regardless of whether he comes), then if he doesn't come, you give me a lot of money later.

Then again, you won't need it much either. 😛
    I will if I win the bet.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 15:31
    Originally posted by menace71
    JW's think He Came back in 1914. It was after He did not return literally they said it was an invisible return.

I think next 10-50 years maybe but as said 1 day is as a 1000 years and vise versa in God's eyes. All will see this event though it will not be invisible by any means.

Manny
    in eternity not only in gods eyes is it like a thousand years but there is no time what an intresting thought no time,, just a eternity of NOW forever so when you think of the 2000 years that have gone by sence jesus left this earth its just a flash in the pan for god
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 15:501 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    They also predicted a so-called thousand-year-reign in 1975.

On television, Jack van Impe has been saying for decades that the rapture is coming tomorrow thanks to Jews being persecuted, the occurence of earthquakes and the stigmata in his ball sack.

It's all fear tactics to get converts and money. Bottom line.

Even the simplest of Christians who believes in the Bible's end times nonsense must see the inherent foolishness and direct contradicition to scripture in any person trying to predict the 2nd coming.
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 15:52
    Christ.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 15:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    They also predicted a so-called thousand-year-reign in 1975.

On television, Jack van Impe has been saying for decades that the rapture is coming tomorrow thanks to Jews being persecuted, the occurence of earthquakes and the stigmata in his ball sack.

It's all fear tactics to get converts and money. Bottom line.

Even the simplest of Christians who ...[text shortened]... ishness and direct contradicition to scripture in any person trying to predict the 2nd coming.
    Simplest of Christians, chiming in.

Inherent foolishness: check.
    Direct contradiction: check.
    Waiting, nonetheless: check.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:21
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Waiting, nonetheless: check.
    Every Christian is technically "waiting" if they believe in the end times BS. It's the ones who are hysterically impatient and arrogantly oracular that need a good slap to the head.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 16:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    That's why prophecies never work. Fundamnetalists have to do heavy interpreting to make the prophecy match reality.

JW culters are fundamentalists.
    I believe that someone will someday get the day right. But they will not know what time of the day he will comeback.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree