1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 17:49
    Originally posted by galveston75
    An answer I'd expect.
    At least you can say i'm consistent.

Now, are you going to 'man-up' and have a little wager with me?
  2. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 18:152 edits
    I fear a lot will be very shocked when he does saying "I thought he wasn't real."
    He won’t came back because he was nailed to a cross and he died a long time ago but, hypothetically, if he DID “come back”, I think many people would be more than “very shocked”; I think many people would think that they are in cuckoo land!
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 18:18
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    the 2nd comming of christ is it near"????
    It has been near the last thousand of years or so... (*yawn*)
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 18:23
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Why would there be many who doubt that he was real? Surely it is just a historical fact that he existed? –who was that person that was nailed to the cross if it wasn’t him? And personally I don’t know even of any atheists that deny that historical fact.
    Some do but they question the rest of the Bible and that's the problem.
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 18:26
    Some do but they question the rest of the Bible and that's the problem.
    Sorry about that! I completely changed my post after you responded to it!
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 20:52
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Not as many as will be cut down.
    YouTube
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 21:25
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    i would like to open this post to see if anyone outhere knows or cares that jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead and if you do is the time near or do you think its far in the future or do you feel hes not comming back any time soon
    Jesus will never come back in the flesh. He's dead. He's passed on. He is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. His metabolic processes are now history. He's off the twig. He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible. He is an ex-messiah!

Having said that, though, Jesus' "second coming" (if it happens at all) will be in spirit, and not in the flesh. When people collectively leave behind the fallen world of commerce and profit and build the communal kingdom, then Jesus can be said to have come a second time 'in spirit.' The longer you sit around waiting for a physical return, the longer you'll keep on waiting.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 22:32
    Yes He has retrned. The year 1844, the Bahai Faith. The religion has spread all ove the world. In this short period of time acoording to the Encyclopedia Britannica we are the second most wide spread religion in the world, next to Christianity.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 05:28
    Either way I cant believe so many people still go for these simple stories and use them as leverage to promote their own agendas.
    If he is coming back, good.
    If he doesn't come back we should all be striving to be the best possible, or whatever EITHER WAY.
    Would you change anything in your life if you categorically knew that a physical reincarnation of Jesus was to walk the Earth in one years time exactly?

I suggest your mythology hasn't matured very much if you equate this kind of simple "walk the Earth " stuff with the "Second Coming" . 😕😵
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 06:08
    Originally posted by Thomas Lavery
    Yes He has retrned. The year 1844, the Bahai Faith. The religion has spread all ove the world. In this short period of time acoording to the Encyclopedia Britannica we are the second most wide spread religion in the world, next to Christianity.
    How do you measure how 'wide spread' a religion is? Surely in terms of numbers you wouldn't even be in the top 5?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 06:19
    Sorry about that! I completely changed my post after you responded to it!
    Well let me also respond to your now non-existent post:

Why would there be many who doubt that he was real? Surely it is just a historical fact that he existed? –who was that person that was nailed to the cross if it wasn’t him? And personally I don’t know even of any atheists that deny that historical fact.
    I for one have seen some fairly credible arguments that he did not exist. I consider it highly likely that he did, but not 'historical fact'.
    We do not have any direct records of his existence. No eyewitness accounts.
    The oldest records (the gospels) are clearly at least half not-factual.
    There certainly is very little evidence that he was nailed to a cross - or even a stake (which is more likely).
    The gospel accounts could well be based on more than one actual person, or be largely based on fictional people.
    The worst part of it all is that all the accounts are by Christians who believed him to be the son of God, or at a minimum a very important prophet. And we all know how unreliable people can be when it comes to beliefs.
  12. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 07:411 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Well let me also respond to your now non-existent post:

[b]Why would there be many who doubt that he was real? Surely it is just a historical fact that he existed? –who was that person that was nailed to the cross if it wasn’t him? And personally I don’t know even of any atheists that deny that historical f ...[text shortened]... ry important prophet. And we all know how unreliable people can be when it comes to beliefs.
    [/b]
    The reason why I deleted out that message is that when I re-read the post I responded to which was:

< I fear a lot will be very shocked when he does saying "I thought he wasn't real." >

I suddenly became unsure if “wasn't real” in the above was supposed to mean “never existed” (which is what I thought it meant) or if it was supposed to mean “never had supernatural powers” thus with the ability to “came back” from the dead.
  13. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 13:51
    a day in GODS universe may be like 1000 of our earthly years
  14. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 13:551 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Jesus will never come back in the flesh. He's dead. He's passed on. He is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone to meet his maker. He's a stiff. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. His metabolic processes are now history. He's off the twig. He's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' r you sit around waiting for a physical return, the longer you'll keep on waiting.
    i hear all of that and it stands ture to the point where the bible say that jesus was reserected flesh and sprit i read that and i can only coe to one answer that is when he dose arive he will be in the flesh and sprit thta is if i beleave what the bible says
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '09
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 14:17
    You are right we are not very big. We grew from 1 mil in 1980 to 7 mil today or about 20% a year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree