1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 09:31
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Unknown
    Kelly
    So why say it? You may as well just say "you may die at any moment and you better be good for God".
  2. Joined
    09 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '10 15:20
    i remember reading in the bible that near the end there would be earthquakes in diverg places or poor plsces soo lets see how many majior earthquwakes have hit poor run down nations like hatti and or mexico and peru how strange that these quakes have been in these places just like jesus said it is a sing of the second coming i beleave it will come within 50 years give or take a few years according to the bible we are living in the last days before Jesus returns and establishes his kingdoom but i read there will be a serise of disease like maybe a virous or somthing but it says clearly that these things must come to pass before jesus returns to create a new kingdom where he is king it will be so cool its unbeleaveble for som pepole but hold on here we go
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 04:26
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    i remember reading in the bible that near the end there would be earthquakes in diverg places or poor plsces soo lets see how many majior earthquwakes have hit poor run down nations like hatti and or mexico and peru how strange that these quakes have been in these places just like jesus said it is a sing of the second coming i beleave it will come with ...[text shortened]... ngdom where he is king it will be so cool its unbeleaveble for som pepole but hold on here we go
    There has always been earthquakes, and they will always be. Noone of these has supernational properties.
    Many of them have been commented by fundamentalists as the start of the last days of the world, but we're still here.

Jesus didn't know anything of the earthquake of Haiti. Only in your dreams.
  4. Joined
    13 Sep '10
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 04:31
    i remember reading in the bible that near the end there would be earthquakes in diverg places or poor plsces soo lets see how many majior earthquwakes have hit poor run down nations like hatti and or mexico and peru how strange that these quakes have been in these places just like jesus said it is a sing of the second coming i beleave it will come with ...[text shortened]... ngdom where he is king it will be so cool its unbeleaveble for som pepole but hold on here we go
    idiot
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 05:05
    i remember reading in the bible that near the end there would be earthquakes in diverg places or poor plsces soo lets see how many majior earthquwakes have hit poor run down nations like hatti and or mexico and peru how strange that these quakes have been in these places just like jesus said it is a sing of the second coming
    Haiti, Mexico and Peru have all experienced larger earth quakes in the past, and there is no reason to believe that they have increased in size or frequency.
  6. England
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 10:18
    in the 1950s they used to walk around with sandwhich boards proclaiming the end is near, senior members may remember. also think the bible studiers proclaimed the date and time around the 1900s [unsure of the exact date] even st paul thought the time was near. and you could read daniels dream of the time to come. but the main point is everyones time is near even if you live to over 100 that in the scale of time is very short [science and faith agree] so be prepaired for your own end you know that is coming
  7. Joined
    13 Sep '10
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 06:222 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Haiti, Mexico and Peru have all experienced larger earth quakes in the past, and there is no reason to believe that they have increased in size or frequency.
    From the data over the last 110 years... 4 of the largest 15 earthquakes have happened in the last 6 years.

1. Chile 1960 05 22 9.5 -38.29 -73.05 Kanamori, 1977
    2. Prince William Sound, Alaska 1964 03 28 9.2 61.02 -147.65 Kanamori, 1977
    3. Off the West Coast of Northern Sumatra 2004 12 26 9.1 3.30 95.78 Park et al., 2005
    4. Kamchatka 1952 11 04 9.0 52.76 160.06 Kanamori, 1977
    5. Offshore Maule, Chile 2010 02 27 8.8 -35.846 -72.719 PDE
    6. Off the Coast of Ecuador 1906 01 31 8.8 1.0 -81.5 Kanamori, 1977
    7. Rat Islands, Alaska 1965 02 04 8.7 51.21 178.50 Kanamori, 1977
    8. Northern Sumatra, Indonesia 2005 03 28 8.6 2.08 97.01 PDE
    9. Assam - Tibet 1950 08 15 8.6 28.5 96.5 Kanamori, 1977
    10. Andreanof Islands, Alaska 1957 03 09 8.6 51.56 -175.39 Johnson et al., 1994
    11. Southern Sumatra, Indonesia 2007 09 12 8.5 -4.438 101.367 PDE
    12. Banda Sea, Indonesia 1938 02 01 8.5 -5.05 131.62 Okal and Reymond, 2003
    13. Kamchatka 1923 02 03 8.5 54.0 161.0 Kanamori, 1988
    14. Chile-Argentina Border 1922 11 11 8.5 -28.55 -70.50 Kanamori, 1977
    15. Kuril Islands 1963 10 13 8.5 44.9 149.6 Kanamori, 1977

The angels in heaven are playing a harp.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 10:22
    Originally posted by Brainevolution
    From the data over the last 110 years... 4 of the largest 15 earthquakes have happened in the last 6 years.
    And according to your data, in 1965, 5 of the largest earthquakes had happened in the last 8 years.

So was the second coming even closer back then?

Your 4 in 15 over 6 out of 110 years is simply not statistically significant. And thats assuming your data is correct. Are you sure they had accurate records of earthquakes world wide 110 years ago?
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 21:44
    Originally posted by darvlay
    They also predicted a so-called thousand-year-reign in 1975.

On television, Jack van Impe has been saying for decades that the rapture is coming tomorrow thanks to Jews being persecuted, the occurence of earthquakes and the stigmata in his ball sack.

It's all fear tactics to get converts and money. Bottom line.

Even the simplest of Christians who ...[text shortened]... ishness and direct contradicition to scripture in any person trying to predict the 2nd coming.
    Yeah that Jack van Impe guy is scary LOL
    Dude never takes a breath either!! LOL

Manny
  10. Joined
    13 Sep '10
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And according to your data, in 1965, 5 of the largest earthquakes had happened in the last 8 years.

So was the second coming even closer back then?

Your 4 in 15 over 6 out of 110 years is simply not statistically significant. And thats assuming your data is correct. Are you sure they had accurate records of earthquakes world wide 110 years ago?
    Hold onto your ignorance found through religious hatred and well see the scientific findings in 10 years time. You do have enough brain cells to associate the pun intented with harp right?
  11. Joined
    13 Sep '10
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 23:14
    So one big earthquake follows a future pattern. So what, you haven't proved earthquakes have not incresed in size or frequency. In 110 years the worst case senario is an 8 year period which is about equal to the last 6 six years and we still have the future to come and it's added technology.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    16 Sep '10 23:51
    The main driving forces enfluencing the second coming of Christ are not outward things. They are things happening in the lives of some of His believers.

It is the inward gaining of their souls which is wooing Him back, calling Him back, and prompting the second coming. Outward things like calamities may be indicators. But they are not the most important things governing Christ's descent back to the earth physically.

" Let us rejoice and exult, and let us give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready." (Rev. 19:7)

It is the wife making herself ready which is more a governing factor to His decision to return, judge the world, and establish His kingdom on the earth.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 00:072 edits
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The main driving forces enfluencing the second coming of Christ are not outward things. They are things happening in the lives of some of His believers.

It is the inward gaining of their souls which is wooing Him back, calling Him back, and prompting the second coming. Outward things like calamities may be indicators. But they are not the most important ng factor to His decision to return, judge the world, and establish His kingdom on the earth.
    (Matthew 24:3-14) . . .While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”  

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you;  for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many.  you are going to hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not terrified.

For these things must take place, but the end is not yet.  “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.  All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.  

“Then people will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be objects of hatred by all the nations on account of my name.  Then, also, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.  And many false prophets will arise and mislead many;  and because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number will cool off.  

But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.  And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 01:453 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    (Matthew 24:3-14) . . .While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be [b]the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”  

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you;  for many will come on t ...[text shortened]... hed[/b] in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.[/b]
    Thankyhou Robbie for quoting a few verses of Matthew 24 with which I am quite familiar.

Is your point that these outward signs Jesus spoke about perhaps contradict what I said about the wife preparing herself ?

The wife preparing herself does not contradict that accompanying signs are also going on.

But the apostle Peter said that the Lord's people should be about "hastening" His coming. That must mean that their readiness is a factor in God's decision for Christ's second coming:

"Expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will be dissolved, .... etc." (2 Peter 3:12)

The saints are not only expecting. They are also HASTENING the day of God.

What a great honor and priviledge that believers in Christ could participate in the bringing in of the second coming of Christ and the kingdom age.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 04:55
    Originally posted by Brainevolution
    Hold onto your ignorance found through religious hatred and well see the scientific findings in 10 years time. You do have enough brain cells to associate the pun intented with harp right?
    No, I'm afraid I don't get the pun.
    So what am I ignorant about? What do scientific findings in 10 years time have to do with it? If the frequency of earthquakes is statistically higher now, then it is higher now. We shouldn't need to wait 10 years for scientists to work out the math.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree