1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 19:021 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I believe that someone will someday get the day right. But they will not know what time of the day he will comeback.
    I think the only one who can decide the last day of Earth, are the scientists. "Beware - the asteroid is coming!"
    Religious people cannot. Certainly not fundamentalists.
  2. DEEP IN THE WOODS
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 19:08
    I saw Him yesterday.
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 23:202 edits
    Originally posted by Agerg
    haha...all these morally superior Christians licking their chops and chasing their tails in excited anticipation of a great apocalypse that will teach us atheists a lesson. Funny stuff indeed >:]
    When a bride and a bridegroom get married they are most excited about being with one another. Only after the joy of being together the bride may ask her bridegroom "Honey, could you please take out the trash?"

We who are to "married" Christ take no delight in the punishment of the wicked. That is a side show just like a little taking out of the smelly garbage on the honeymoon night.

The real enjoyment is to be with Him and reign with Him. Atheists, don't flatter yourselves so much. You're just a little dead fly in the oinment, that's all, easily dealt with, easily discarded by the Lord.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 05:37
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I think the only one who can decide the last day of Earth, are the scientists. "Beware - the asteroid is coming!"
    Religious people cannot. Certainly not fundamentalists.
    Scientists (so-called) have been talking about the sky falling for at least a hundred years. Fundamentalists, the lot.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Sep '10 09:24
    Originally posted by jaywill
    When a bride and a bridegroom get married they are most excited about being with one another. Only after the joy of being together the bride may ask her bridegroom [b]"Honey, could you please take out the trash?"

We who are to "married" Christ take no delight in the punishment of the wicked. That is a side show just like a little taking out of the s ...[text shortened]... tle dead fly in the oinment, that's all, easily dealt with, easily discarded by the Lord.[/b]
    Atheists, don't flatter yourselves so much. You're just a little dead fly in the oinment, that's all, easily dealt with, easily discarded by the Lord.

I don't need to turn the heating on this morning as the love emanating from you this morning is enough?!
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 02:25
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Atheists, don't flatter yourselves so much. You're just a little dead fly in the oinment, that's all, easily dealt with, easily discarded by the Lord.

I don't need to turn the heating on this morning as the love emanating from you this morning is enough?![/b]
    Maybe tough love. Actually, I'm doing you a friendly service by telling you the truth.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 03:471 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    The real enjoyment is to be with Him and reign with Him. Atheists, don't flatter yourselves so much. You're just a little dead fly in the oinment, that's all, easily dealt with, easily discarded by the Lord.
    So much for "God so loved the world". 🙄
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 04:006 edits
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    There is no inconsistency between God so loving the world and giving the Son for its salvation and His righteous destruction of His enemies who refuse that salvation.

Make no mistake about it. With His enemies it is a matter of divine revenge:

" ... the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with the angels of His power, in flaming fire, rendering vengence to those who do not know God and to those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

They will pay the penalty of eternal destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His strength ..." (See 2 Thess. 1: 7-9)

We should not have a one sided view of the attributes of God. His love is not the sentimental permissiveness of a Dr. Spock. His love is a love with righteousness.

Yet to those who are reconciled from being His enemies, their judgment is passed. It occured on Calvary.

"For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled." (Rom. 5:10)

There is no inconsistency in "the kindness and severity of God."
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 04:07
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    How many years have you been rolling your eyes around ?

Year after year you knew that God so loved the world that He gave His onlybegotten Son that whosever believes into Him might not perish but have eternal life.

Has that love softened your heart to ask Christ to be your Savior ?

I suspect it has not. So why do you roll your eyes around as if the offer is hypocritical ?

Be happy. You're getting what you want - the choice to not believe and not repent, to perish.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 06:15
    Originally posted by pink floyd123
    i would like to open this post to see if anyone outhere knows or cares that jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead and if you do is the time near or do you think its far in the future or do you feel hes not comming back any time soon
    Soon
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 07:371 edit
    "..there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. " (Luke 15:7)

Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Atheists are no further from salvation than anyone else and from personal experience, I'd say it's not as long a journey as may be thought.
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 07:54
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Scientists (so-called) have been talking about the sky falling for at least a hundred years. Fundamentalists, the lot.
    What they who only call themselves scientists say or not say means nothing. Even fundamentalists who believe in obscure religious phenomena call themselves scientists. Why? Because it sounds good. Let's dismiss them.

I don't know if any (real) scientist ever has set the date when sky will fall down. (What does that mean, by the way?) If I'm wrong, give references, please.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 09:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Soon
    Kelly
    How soon is now?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 09:17
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How soon is now?
    Unknown
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '10 09:24
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Unknown
    Kelly
    Soon = 5 billion years from now, when the sun goes nova?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree