The Agenda

The Agenda

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Aug 19

@secondson said
@FMF

You're becoming shrill and obfuscatory now don't you know?

Of course you do.
Are followers of Jesus obliged to obey His commandments and do 'good works'? A simple yes or no will suffice. How do Christians avoid their faith being "dead faith"?

F

Moves
28 Aug 19
2 edits

@fmf said
How do Christians avoid their faith being "dead faith"?
SecondSon, are Christians obliged to ensure that their faith is not "dead faith"?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19

@secondson said
For righteousness, which is imputed and necessary for entrance into the kingdom of God, the believer must come to the cross empty handed, and by faith trust in the sacrifice of God's own Son for the forgiveness of sin.

That, Rajk, is the heart of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You preach a gospel of Jesus Christ that was never preached by Jesus Christ. Your gospel is an evil twisting of the teachings of Paul, no doubt devised by Satan.

If the fact that you believe in a gospel of Jesus Christ that Jesus never preached, does not bother you then you are truly lost and brainwashed by the church.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19

@secondson said
If one who has trusted in Christ for salvation, that one has eternal life. Whether they are a perfect follower and never makes any mistakes is irrelevant with regards to eternal life.
Another doctrine of Jesus Christ apparently, that was never preached by Jesus Christ.

Your continued attributing doctrines to Jesus Christ, never preached by Jesus Christ has to be one of the more devious and crooked things a Christian can do.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19
1 edit

@secondson said

Performance has nothing to do with the acquisition of eternal life.
And another doctrine of Jesus Christ, not preached by Jesus Christ. This one is even more devious and Satanic. This one is the complete opposite of what Jesus did actually preach.

How do you Christians sleep at night?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Aug 19

@Rajk999

Apparently you think you can buy salvation by doing good works. You obviously think God's grace has a price. You think redemption can be earned.

You are in the "way of Cain" who also believed he could gain God's favor by his own efforts and the works of his own hands.

Luke 18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Aug 19

@SecondSon

According to Jesus this is the "works" that a man can do that God honors.

John 6:28-40
Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
¶ Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
¶ They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
¶ Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
¶ Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
¶ And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
You preach a gospel of Jesus Christ that was never preached by Jesus Christ. Your gospel is an evil twisting of the teachings of Paul, no doubt devised by Satan.

If the fact that you believe in a gospel of Jesus Christ that Jesus never preached, does not bother you then you are truly lost and brainwashed by the church.
Your broad non-specific charges are right out of your evil imagination. Get specific, and I can tell you that your beliefs about earning your way into heaven by doing good works go against the gospel. Our works will be judged by Christ no doubt about it, but it is the grace of the Lord that saves us from our sins.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19

@secondson said
@Rajk999

Apparently you think you can buy salvation by doing good works. You obviously think God's grace has a price. You think redemption can be earned.

You are in the "way of Cain" who also believed he could gain God's favor by his own efforts and the works of his own hands.

Luke 18:9-14
And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that the ...[text shortened]... for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
You apparently think you can buy salvation with your mouth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
And another doctrine of Jesus Christ, not preached by Jesus Christ. This one is even more devious and Satanic. This one is the complete opposite of what Jesus did actually preach.

How do you Christians sleep at night?
I sleep knowing Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I have given my life to Him to do with as He wills, in Christ I rest. You sleep how, wondering if today you did enough to be approved by God so you can enter into God's Kingdom?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
Your broad non-specific charges are right out of your evil imagination. Get specific, and I can tell you that your beliefs about earning your way into heaven by doing good works go against the gospel. Our works will be judged by Christ no doubt about it, but it is the grace of the Lord that saves us from our sins.
Nobody goes to heaven.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
You apparently think you can buy salvation with your mouth.
Salvation is a gift, you should learn that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
I sleep knowing Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I have given my life to Him to do with as He wills, in Christ I rest. You sleep how, wondering if today you did enough to be approved by God so you can enter into God's Kingdom?
'Lord lord' Christians sleep well because they are deluded by the church. When you wake up it will be too late because you will hear .. depart from me ye workers of iniquity ..

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Aug 19

@rajk999 said
Nobody goes to heaven.
Those attempting to earn their way in by works will not, that is a truth!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Aug 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Salvation is a gift, you should learn that.
Who cares what its. You are on the wrong track. What it is, is not as important as how to get it. You are stupid man because Jesus said that the fool [you] does not follow his commandments. The wise man follows the commandments and he gets eternal life.