1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 02:39
    Any thoughts about the shape of the ark? The bibles description is different then many of the modern day shapes of the ark in pictures or movies or ones that people build for amusement parks or whatever one would build one for.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 04:45
    @galveston75 said
    Any thoughts about the shape of the ark? The bibles description is different then many of the modern day shapes of the ark in pictures or movies or ones that people build for amusement parks or whatever one would build one for.
    The bibles description is different then many of the modern day shapes of the ark in pictures or movies

Do you believe that the people who wrote the description of the ark and the rest of the story in Genesis 6-9 were eye-witnesses?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 04:53
    @fmf said
    The bibles description is different then many of the modern day shapes of the ark in pictures or movies

Do you believe that the people who wrote the description of the ark and the rest of the story in Genesis 6-9 were eye-witnesses?
    Seeing how it was only Noah and his family who survived, I would think not? But no need for eye witnesses at all because the bible was authored by God. The men who pinned it were led by Jehovah's spirit to led these men to write his words.
    But you don't believe that, right?
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 05:01
    @galveston75 said
    he men who pinned it were led by Jehovah's spirit to led these men to write his words.
    How would you tell if the men that pinned[sic] it were not "led by Jehovah's spirit"?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 05:07
    @galveston75 said
    Why would I?

Why do you believe the story?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:39
    @galveston75 said
    I think it was boxy, like a Volvo.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:40
    @galveston75 said
    Circular.

(Based on a documentary I once watched where they tried to construct it).
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Circular.

(Based on a documentary I once watched where they tried to construct it).
    Circular! What nonsense is this. How would they bend the wood, and in fact, why bother?
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:56
    @divegeester said
    Circular! What nonsense is this. How would they bend the wood, and in fact, why bother?
    Wish I had a link to the documentary.

Believe it was based on the coracle (a small lightweight boat found in Wales, though obviously on a bigger scale).
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 07:59
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Wish I had a link to the documentary.

Believe it was based on the coracle (a small lightweight boat found in Wales, though obviously on a bigger scale).
    Well if it sells T-shirts...
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 09:56
    @galveston75 said
    Seeing how it was only Noah and his family who survived, I would think not? But no need for eye witnesses at all because the bible was authored by God. The men who pinned it were led by Jehovah's spirit to led these men to write his words.
    The Bible was authored by God and God said that the 144,000 are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. Why is it that you do not believe God when he said that?

Just one of the many things God said in the Bible that you do not believe.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 13:09
    @wolfgang59 said
    How would you tell if the men that pinned[sic] it were not "led by Jehovah's spirit"?
    The whole bible is Jehovah's words...
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 13:13
    @rajk999 said
    The Bible was authored by God and God said that the 144,000 are 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel. Why is it that you do not believe God when he said that?

Just one of the many things God said in the Bible that you do not believe.
    So if you believe that is literal and those are the only ones who go to heaven, then if you think you are going to heaven once you die how do you fit in? It's already filled according to your answer.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 13:15
    @fmf said
    Why would I?

Why do you believe the story?
    Oh yeah. Being "just a story" to you fits you of course...
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 13:321 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Oh yeah. Being "just a story" to you fits you of course...
    Anyway....

So what’s the point of your thread? You obviously have a point to make.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree